Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

haha you mean like Adelaide? hahahaha....it has its charm. Sounds funny but she's adorable. But from a strictly musical standpoint, yeah, it's def not her best. Although....I have to admit, I'm really surprised she can hit those notes. Didn't think she could even go like a billion octaves higher like that without her voice cracking or something.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Okay, I recognise the higher pitch, but I wouldn't call that "squeeky" or "moany".

BTW, I really liked how she sang Moi... Lolita a bit higher in that Gen 90 thing.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:24 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Damn this thread has exploded, guess ppl need to get things off of thier chests ^^
It is good to just let it all out

Quote:
-I would actively strangle the fan that havn't seen it yet...
seriously: buy dvd > buy popcorn > close curtains > watch alone in the dark
(same emotional-boosting-formula as for watching horror movies)
I am sorry that I have not seen it yet . I just haven't been able to order it yet. Please don't strangle me

Quote:
-I'm not too keen about the squeeky-moany-pitched up thing she does with her voice in the recent lives (2007+)
I actually like it. I don't think it sounds all that bad or anything. And I think it's kinda cute
Old 08-04-2010, 12:14 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

I can't watch the videos when she cries. It just gets me all choked up.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
haha you mean like Adelaide? hahahaha....it has its charm. Sounds funny but she's adorable. But from a strictly musical standpoint, yeah, it's def not her best. Although....I have to admit, I'm really surprised she can hit those notes. Didn't think she could even go like a billion octaves higher like that without her voice cracking or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Okay, I recognise the higher pitch, but I wouldn't call that "squeeky" or "moany".

BTW, I really liked how she sang Moi... Lolita a bit higher in that Gen 90 thing.
Noes!
Not that.
I ment the micro-second short squeaky thing she does after a sentence sometimes. Guess "moan" wasn't very propriate

@ 1:30 "Barcelona, prends-la en otage :SQUEAK:"

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wuZM_XugnOo&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wuZM_XugnOo&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

I think I've gotten over it a bit thou, not as disturbed by this as I were before.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I'm actually getting quite bored of the same interviews with the same questions getting conducted, depending on which era it comes from.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:58 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Quote:

Nono neither of those performances are what I'm talking about... see the video below!
Quote:
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. Do you have an example?
This is what I mean:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/StvchMIu_Tg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/StvchMIu_Tg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The performance starts around 1:17... compare the way she sings it to the way she did in the 2003 version. It's kinda difficult to describe... it's the way her voice goes much higher pitched at the end of some lines... let me know if you understand what I mean!

It's sorta like: "Last night I dreampt of San PedroooOOOEEH"

I've always been suspicious that the low-quality recordings of the Psych concerts are responsible for emphasising it... but who can say.

Last edited by babyblue558; 08-04-2010 at 10:05 AM..
Old 08-04-2010, 12:01 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Time to confess:

- I despise Hey Amigo!
- I hate Une Enfant Du Siècle
- I have almost completely lost interest. ALMOST.
- I want her autograph so bad....
- I watched her on my iPod instead of paying attention in Geometry.

That's all folks!

La Isla BonittaaaaAAAAHHH.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 08-04-2010 at 12:05 PM..
Old 08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Nono neither of those performances are what I'm talking about... see the video below!

This is what I mean:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/StvchMIu_Tg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/StvchMIu_Tg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The performance starts around 1:17... compare the way she sings it to the way she did in the 2003 version. It's kinda difficult to describe... it's the way her voice goes much higher pitched at the end of some lines... let me know if you understand what I mean!

It's sorta like: "Last night I dreampt of San PedroooOOOEEH"

I've always been suspicious that the low-quality recordings of the Psych concerts are responsible for emphasising it... but who can say.
Oh, now I know what you mean! Just like she does when she sings "Factory Girl". I think she does it to add kind of a twist to the verses, like just singing the notes clearly and correctly is boring. That's probably my least favorite thing of hers (except in Factory Girl, I love that song!)

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-04-2010, 01:55 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Oh, now I know what you mean! Just like she does when she sings "Factory Girl". I think she does it to add kind of a twist to the verses, like just singing the notes clearly and correctly is boring. That's probably my least favorite thing of hers (except in Factory Girl, I love that song!)
Yeah in some songs I like it and in some I don't. Factory Girl I like, but I far preferred the way she sang La Isla Bonita in 2003. Also, I think sometimes the pitchy thing is deliberately done and other times it's just how her voice comes out live. I think in both the videos above she didn't do it deliberately.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
- I despise Hey Amigo!
If that's because you find it immensely annoying for a reason you can't quite put your finger on, then I feel exactly the same about JBG. Always have done and always will...

Last edited by babyblue558; 08-04-2010 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags
alizee, confessions, list