Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
pretty awesome huh?
def! o and don't worry, although i had this picture for a sig first, im gonna change mine to another one
Old 03-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
Hmmm, did anyone else notice the video just to the right of Les Collines? Im just saying...
That is why I love you, man!

In regards to the video: It was alright, just felt that something was lacking. I like the song well enough, but the video didn't really push anything over the edge. Of course, I'm not big into music videos anyways. Just not feeling it. To each their own, though.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:44 AM

Link for Les Collines Music Video:http://rapidshare.com/files/36612386...CIEL_.mp4.html

I just used a youtube downloader for it...

and proof it's not a virus(Fall06 thinks it is haha)

Old 03-21-2010, 01:49 AM

tern is on a distinguished road

Strange how your video has parentheses in the filename and the "non-virus" you uploaded has underscores. Hmmmmmm....
Old 03-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

AVG and Trend Micro both say its safe... But somehow I'm not convinced
Old 03-21-2010, 01:58 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
AVG and Trend Micro both say its safe... But somehow I'm not convinced
Guys just face it...it's a virus that will give you the infamous blue screen!!!
Your computer will blow up and set fire to your house...

Definitely joking...but yah dont worry its an Alizée video...
Old 03-21-2010, 02:03 AM

tern is on a distinguished road

Maybe it's both? Who knows?
Old 03-21-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tern View Post
Maybe it's both? Who knows?
nah...its just the video...click http://rapidshare.com/files/36612386...CIEL_.mp4.html and you will see
Old 03-21-2010, 07:20 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post

The song and the video with it play with images moving around, unclear. That is part of the intended mood. It was shot in a day and finished in only a week or so, right? So, yeah, it's not particularly complicated. cool:
I've been working on my vacation plans and haven't had much of a chance to post an opinion til now although I'vee been giving it a lot of thought when I had a few spare moments.

First of all, I really like this video but think there was a lot of room for improvement.

A few people have commented that she is wearing too much make up. One of the things I loved about the early years was she wore so little make up. She has such natural beauty, she doesn't need any. She still has that kind of beauty. But here she is portraying a person who does wear a lot of make up, but even for this role, it does seem a little excessive. There is a part where she is out doors in the fur coat and she blinks and it made me wonder if it was the eye make up that made her blink.

I agree with HR087 that in the scene where she is wearing the black hat in the corridor, she looks stunning, would've like to seen more of that and there are other parts of the video where she looks awesome, such as in the black turtleneck.

The main problem I have with this video is the fact that it's supposed to be about Edie leaving New York city and her freinds. If that's what it is about, then they should have gone to New York city, maybe central park to film those scenes. If you're going to tell a story of a foreign character, and use a foreign language in parts of it in the process, then you should go to the trouble of going to where the story happened.

There's two other minor problems I have with the video. In the outdoor parts where Roman said ...images moving around, unclear........well I thought it was a little bit too unclear where she is hugging a friend. Their image is just too muddled, would've of like to seen a somewhat clearer image of her hugging him.

The other minor criticism is the short part where I guess they are showing a little part of her leg. It's obvious they didn't want to be trashy, too Mylene Farmer, as some people might say, by showing too much leg, but I thought they didn't go far enough, so you had some doubt as to whether it was a leg you were seeing or not.

I really enjoy the song Les Collines, I really enjoy this video, but as I said about the song, with a few more lines of lyrics, I think it would have had a lot more potential, so too with the video, a little bit of improvement, especially with the outside scenes and this would of had the potential of being a top notch video. As it stands, I think it will still do very well.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-21-2010 at 07:38 AM..
Old 03-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Roman Holiday: TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
...Is this going to be shown on TV? I don't really see it fitting in with the typical video rotation, but would like to have it in higher quality for our website. I don't understand why she doesn't upload to youtube in HD (I assume that's how it was shot).
You can buy the high-def version on disk from the Institubes online store in May. (I just made that up!) By the way, in recent days, YouTube made it a BIT harder to rip their videos. I wonder what they will do when their new Indy filmmaker channel premiers. In the end you need to go to "strip"-searched patrons sequestered in a theater to maintain a reliable copyright regimen. That's why I think more entertainment will be going interactive and based on secure remote servers.

As for Alizée's makeup, THAT'S HOW WOMEN DOLLED THEMSELVES UP half a century ago. Really. This was BEFORE everyone became a hippie earth mother! I am especially surprised at the waning memories of my age peers in this regard. I also find it interesting that I was not the only one writing here reminded of Audrey Hepburn. Anyone up for a remake of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Holiday"><i>Roman Holiday</i></a>?

Of course, I share everyone's delight with the stupendous success the YouTube video is having. I said previously I thought it was excellent and I'm happy to see something getting the attention it merits.
<hr width="50%"><small>Courtesy Alizée India, interview of Alizée by <i>C.L'actu</i> magazine in 2003:</small>
Q. How do you see yourself at 25 years of age?
Alizée: I have difficulty projecting myself into the future and I am quite superstitious, so it's difficult for me to answer that. But I would like the adventure to continue and to keep the successes coming, as has been the case for three years now.