Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-28-2011, 07:38 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road
Default Not finding other women as attractive in comparison to Alizee

Since discovering Alizee, I find that every woman I see that I think is attractive, more than likely out of my league, I compare to Alizee. And there's no remote competition. I feel selfish, and rather pathetic. These women deserve their recognition, but it's not my fault! I just think Alizee is the most attractive woman to step foot on planet earth. This really bothers me. Especially socially. I'm currently meeting this girl, who I think is beautiful. But my mind is bombarded with comparisons.

Anyone else have this? I find it rather annoying, and is sort of distracting in a sense. Socially, anyways. I'm not sure if this is a mental condition, or what.

Another reason is, I think this is making me a sellout as a fan. I'll be honest. I became drawn in by her looks, but my mind keeps telling myself that the only reason I'm a fan is because I find her attractive. It questions my fanhood, despite liking her music, because I was never into pop music until I discovered her. So it's like, do you really like her music, or do you just think she's really hot? Which is crazy, because you either like it, or not. I think I just obsess about this too much. It's like the initial cause of being persuade to liking her music, is because she's female. I don't like having that mentality. Please, share your experiences.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I find there are plenty of women in the world who are just as beautiful as Alizee, but there is something that sets her looks apart, something intriguing, something mysterious, something I can't quite put my finger on that sets her apart from all the rest. Is it her personality, her mannerisms, the look in her eyes? I just can't figure it out. I've met a few women in my many years that have also had that something special about them, but they've been few and far between and they can't dance or sing the way she does, so it's no contest.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I believe what Scruffydog is describing is the "X" factor. It is that intangible, unexplainable something, what the French call (poor spelling) "J'ne se qua"...that certain something one cannot explain.

Alizee has more of it then anyone else I can think of.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, there is something about Alizée that is beyond description, that makes her really special. And there is nothing wrong with liking Alizée for her looks.

What first attracted me to Alizée was the sound of her voice, more specifically, the tone and timbre. What determines the tone and timbre of a voice? Well, it's mostly because of how the vocal chords and air passages are shaped. And that's mostly a function of genetics. Of course the same set of genes that sculpted Alizée's voice are also the same set of genes that sculpted her outward appearance. So how is liking her voice any different than liking her face? One appeals to the ears and one appeals to the eyes.

@SaintÀlizee, if one finds pleasure in Alizée, whether it is because of her looks, her personality, her singing, her dancing, or all of them, then go ahead and enjoy it. Don't spoil it by questioning your fanhood or your reasons for liking her. The fact that you like her is reason enough to allow yourself to enjoy the experience.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yeah, there is something about Alizée that is beyond description, that makes her really special. And there is nothing wrong with liking Alizée for her looks.

What first attracted me to Alizée was the sound of her voice, more specifically, the tone and timbre. What determines the tone and timbre of a voice? Well, it's mostly because of how the vocal chords and air passages are shaped. And that's mostly a function of genetics. Of course the same set of genes that sculpted Alizée's voice are also the same set of genes that sculpted her outward appearance. So how is liking her voice any different than liking her face? One appeals to the ears and one appeals to the eyes.

@SaintÀlizee, if one finds pleasure in Alizée, whether it is because of her looks, her personality, her singing, her dancing, or all of them, then go ahead and enjoy it. Don't spoil it by questioning your fanhood or your reasons for liking her. The fact that you like her is reason enough to allow yourself to enjoy the experience.
Thank you!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Attraction is only part of the equation my friend. One can be attracted to a girl but you dont necessarily like her .... an example being the stero-typical dumb blond with two double Ds Yea one would "tap-dat" but do you want to be with someone who asks you questions like ["Is feet in the metric system?" "What is the capital of the US?" "Is Hawaii the 51st state?"] and is a joke to you and all your friends? The answer is no of course not! You cant stand to be around that b*** .... you just like her when her mouth is shut or open when the situation is right! When you find a girl who you are both attracted too and love being around ... then thats when you hit the lotto my friend. Though there maybe other girls out there (Alizee for example) you are more attracted to than her, there is just something about her that you enjoy more than anything else.
In terms of finding a chick hotter than Alizee ..... not to worry man there is tons of girls there who are MUCH hotter! You will be ok .... once you see what I mean. Right now you just have a crush on Alizee (understandably) ... its just a phase, it will pass .... best of luck buddy!
Mike~

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 06-28-2011 at 10:29 PM..
Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I've seen many women with that quality. If you're comparing girls to Alizee, well...that's pretty pathetic. Sorry.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

I have often found myself doing the same thing and have asked myself "why?", which is a hard question to answer. I think it is because I raise her to a pedestal, I find her imperfections few and cute or even sometimes think that it adds to her perfection. She is "higher" up on the list than anyone else, she has it all in a woman that you're looking for, and as Scruffy brought up not only does she have that, but she has something ineffable which makes her stand out from the rest.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:19 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
I think it is because I raise her to a pedestal, I find her imperfections few and cute or even sometimes think that it adds to her perfection. She is "higher" up on the list than anyone else, she has it all in a woman that you're looking for
This feeling got a name. it's called " being in love" .
Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I've seen many women with that quality. If you're comparing girls to Alizee, well...that's pretty pathetic. Sorry.
I'm not doing it purposely. It's just something that my mind is engulfed in. And I also think I acknowledged that I didn't like having this feeling/mentality. You didn't have to exactly spell it out.

Edit:

If I were aware that I would be called pathetic before posting this, other than calling myself it (mind you, it was a feeling of guilt), I wouldn't have. I'm starting to get a little bit of regret. Sorry if anyone got the wrong impression.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Attraction is only part of the equation my friend. One can be attracted to a girl but you dont necessarily like her .... an example being the stero-typical dumb blond with two double Ds Yea one would "tap-dat" but do you want to be with someone who asks you questions like ["Is feet in the metric system?" "What is the capital of the US?" "Is Hawaii the 51st state?"] and is a joke to you and all your friends? The answer is no of course not! You cant stand to be around that b*** .... you just like her when her mouth is shut or open when the situation is right! When you find a girl who you are both attracted too and love being around ... then thats when you hit the lotto my friend. Though there maybe other girls out there (Alizee for example) you are more attracted to than her, there is just something about her that you enjoy more than anything else.
In terms of finding a chick hotter than Alizee ..... not to worry man there is tons of girls there who are MUCH hotter! You will be ok .... once you see what I mean. Right now you just have a crush on Alizee (understandably) ... its just a phase, it will pass .... best of luck buddy!
Mike~
Well, how can you be attracted to a girl, and not like her? Isn't that the exact opposite? I consider attractiveness as not only physical appearance, but by personality. But there's the thing. I don't know Alizee. I can't even speak her language! lol! But I feel like I know her somehow. I think I'm starting to feel very ignorant, and that in not knowing her, it's become clear that I'm just going off first instincts. I'm not in her private life, so how can I find her attractive? Maybe it's the mysterious part, like Scruffy said. The fact that I know little about her is what maybe makes me attracted to her. Wait... that must be it!

As for the rest of your message, it was perfect. Completely agree! And appreciate your best wishes.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
I have often found myself doing the same thing and have asked myself "why?", which is a hard question to answer. I think it is because I raise her to a pedestal, I find her imperfections few and cute or even sometimes think that it adds to her perfection. She is "higher" up on the list than anyone else, she has it all in a woman that you're looking for, and as Scruffy brought up not only does she have that, but she has something ineffable which makes her stand out from the rest.
Relieved to find it's somewhat mutual. I too, find her imperfections to be, well, perfect. I've posted that exact thing on other posts when I had first joined the forum.

Thank you for the post.

Last edited by SaintÀlizee; 06-29-2011 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags
alizee attractive