Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-08-2016, 06:34 PM

Ajaccio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djr654 View Post
You know you're an Alizée fan when you contact your local radio station (which only ever plays rock/indie/alternative music) to request an Alizée song, knowing that they'd never play it, but just hoping to get her mentioned on the radio so that more people hear about her.
We were just talking the other day if "music wishes" were still a thing. I'm glad to hear that it is. How did they respond?
Old 04-08-2016, 07:52 PM

Djr654 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaccio View Post
How did they respond?
They didn't, unfortunately

I guess they must get loads of texts and e-mails requesting songs, and they can only respond to a few.

I was a bit disappointed that they didn't at least read my text out and give her a mention, even if they didn't want to play any of her music...never mind, I did my bit for Alizée (or tried to)...
Old 04-08-2016, 09:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djr654 View Post
You know you're an Alizée fan when you contact your local radio station (which only ever plays rock/indie/alternative music) to request an Alizée song, knowing that they'd never play it, but just hoping to get her mentioned on the radio so that more people hear about her.
I've tried many a time in the past to request her songs, but to no avail. But I did finally find a way to get her songs played on the radio, even if I had to pay for it, in case you didn't hear about the radio ads I placed a few years ago.

Old 10-01-2022, 08:46 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default You know you're an Alizee Fan when.......

1. You have to play one of her videos every day !
2. Sometimes you Curse by saying "Le Jen'ai Marre ! " !
3. You start to use French words, such as Wei for Yes and Le for the .
4. As a Guy; you want them to invent the Time Machine; so you can go back in time and Propose Marriage to Alizee !
5. 50% of the Links on your Computer are Alizee Videos.
6. You are Not a "Joiner" per se; but you join the Alizee America Forum ! ?
7. You secretly "Up" Alizee videos; by playing them every time one hits the 900's in views !
8. You take Delight when Alizee's Views and Subscribers are "up" on a video !
9. You try to put Alizee in for La Legion d'Honneur and now you get French government emails ? !
10. YT tells you You cannot play the video again because you sent the link to the troops in Afghanistan in an email
and 2,000 people are playing it off of your computer's link ! Ha!
11. When you tell NASA to put her black tight Marre ! on the record on the next Voyager and they say Who ?
12. When you set your computer wallpaper to Alizee and her Guitarest Smiling at each other !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 10-01-2022 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: To add another reason
Old 10-01-2022, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
1. You have to play one of her videos every day !
2. Sometimes you Curse by saying "Le Jen'ai Marre ! " !
3. You start to use French words, such as Wei for Yes and Le for the .
4. As a Guy; you want them to invent the Time Machine; so you can go back in time and Propose Marriage to Alizee !
5. 50% of the Links on your Computer are Alizee Videos.
6. You are Not a "Joiner" per se; but you join the Alizee America Forum ! ?
7. You secretly "Up" Alizee videos; by playing them every time one hits the 900's in views !
8. You take Delight when Alizee's Views and Subscribers are "up" on a video !
9. You try to put Alizee in for La Legion d'Honneur and now you get French government emails ? !
10. YT tells you You cannot play the video again because you sent the link to the troops in Afghanistan in an email
and 2,000 people are playing it off of your computer's link ! Ha!
11. When you tell NASA to put her black tight Marre ! on the record on the next Voyager and they say Who ?
12. When you set your computer wallpaper to Alizee and her Guitarest Smiling at each other !
How about when you suggest to the WMO that the next hurricane be named Hurricane Alizée.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:58 PM

Default Suggesting the Alizee name name for a Hurricane !

That's about the only thing I haven't done Scruffy !
I have played your "Lili when you're Only Lonely" a few times; so other people see it as having been played so then they play it, too ! So, it's views should be Up ! Ha! I don't think I had heard J.D. Souther before !
Back in the Day; I did some computer work for NOAA in about 2000 ! They had old COBOL Language we converted to PowerBuilder; which is more modern and Screen driven. I did so much PowerBuilder; I almost became one with the language ! Ha! Like some people become one with Buijutsu ! But I digress !
Old 10-02-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
That's about the only thing I haven't done Scruffy !
I have played your "Lili when you're Only Lonely" a few times; so other people see it as having been played so then they play it, too ! So, it's views should be Up ! Ha! I don't think I had heard J.D. Souther before !
Back in the Day; I did some computer work for NOAA in about 2000 ! They had old COBOL Language we converted to PowerBuilder; which is more modern and Screen driven. I did so much PowerBuilder; I almost became one with the language ! Ha! Like some people become one with Buijutsu ! But I digress !
I had looked into having a hurricane named after her, after all, her name is that of a trade wind but I didn't see a way where your average person could suggest a name.

When you're only lonely is a great song imo and it is one of my favorite videos of the one's I made. I think the scenes I used fit the song very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrWNL1eyb88
Old 10-02-2022, 05:42 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I did so much PowerBuilder; I almost became one with the language ! Ha!
Ah, a fellow IT connoisseur! PowerBuilder was all the rage in the 90's. Rumor had it that Silicon Valley PowerBuilder developers were making $2K a day. I didn't bite, as so much tech came and went during those days. Remember Delphi?

Also, I love your list.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:46 PM

Default Thank You Clever Cowboy !

A Funny ! One time a Company needed a Delphi Programmer; so their HR Department took a COBOL Requisition and did a "mass change" of COBOL to Delphi and then sent it to a head hunter ! Ha! It said the Delphi Programmer had to have 10 Years experience. So a Head hunter asked me if I had 10 years in Delphi ? At the time I told him the program had only been out 5 years; so Nobody is going to have 10 years experience in it ! I didn't get that job; but the Head hunter was so impressed with me; he got me a different one ! I accumulated a lot of funny stories in IT in my career; so I should probably write a book ! At one time somebody told us "You'll make $200,000 a year during Y2K" But that never panned out, of course ! Another time I worked on a Naval Reserve Manpower system. When Y2K happened the algorithims went crazy and told them they needed a Million men in the Naval Reserve ! Ha!

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 10-03-2022 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Additional comments
Old 10-04-2022, 12:47 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At one time somebody told us "You'll make $200,000 a year during Y2K" But that never panned out, of course ! Another time I worked on a Naval Reserve Manpower system. When Y2K happened the algorithims went crazy and told them they needed a Million men in the Naval Reserve ! Ha!

At that time I was an independent developer. I had 6 or 7 apps that were installed at different places, most the mission critical sort. My apps were basically Y2K ready but found a few fixes. I had to sign legal documents to hold me financially responsible should there be losses by the companies when the century turned. Nothing happened. Whew!

You want to make $200K (or more)? Just wait until (or if) the Gender field is mandated to accept more than M/F.