Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Whoo! Thank you RMJ!

After watching that YouTube clip, I can tell that my worries about her performances and about the lack of connection with the audience were completely unfounded. She's lost nothing. If anything, she's gained. I'm glad now that I was unable to post that comment, and that I waited to do so. No need.
Shows well that you weren't there.

She did without doubt the poorest interact with the audience during whole night. And that's a lot said from me.

If she doesn't improve her stage act during the next few months, she might find herself in trouble...

But I do believe it's just lack of performing that shows up there. And lack of being in front huge audience in years.

I, of course, loved the performances, but I'd love them even if she'd stand still and said nothing for 10 minutes. But it doesn't change the fact that she did not do good job with the audience. And it did show up well in the way she was received.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Anyway, RMJ asked that his video not be re-posted so I've removed it here. But it's easy to find on AF.
eh..hmm.. wasn't it you snatcher that didn't like fracturing of the 2 communities? to me this is exactly the sort of stuff that is fracturing. i know it's his video and he can do whatever he wants to but you're a mod at both places, a well respected member, and also a good friend of RMJ; basically i'm saying you're the one that has some influence to help prevent these sort of things.

sorry about the rant. i was just trying to figure out where the link was and realized they were edited by snatcher, but there could have been a reason given for the edit of people's posts before he explained it i thought.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

You know, I wouldn't hold this against Snatcher. I think he's doing the right thing, in trying to avoid a conflict. I didn't know that RMJ didn't want us to post it here, and that's why I posted it although I think it was already posted. I don't want to be the cause of any feud, I get along well with the guys there, even though I only visit there once a year. And if RMJ doesn't want it posted here, I respect that too even though I don't know why.

RMJ why are you been mean to us here ?? You know when you were down, we all rooted for you to get better. But now that you seem to be better, you dislike us for some reason. We all make mistakes, and sometimes say things that we don't really mean, or have you never done this before...

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 01-30-2008 at 10:45 PM..
Old 01-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

That's why I usually don't post anything from one site to another, especially photos that people have taken or artwork they've created. I don't know when it's appropriate or not, so I leave it up to the people who know the different communities better.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
sorry about the rant. i was just trying to figure out where the link was and realized they were edited by snatcher, but there could have been a reason given for the edit of people's posts before he explained it i thought.
How much more before was there? I only removed Jess' link (and Toc De Mac's quote, but we shouldn't be quoting videos anyway) at 9:19pm and posted an explanation at 9:21pm. Ricardo edited his own post, I guess RMJ contacted him directly? Dunno. But Jess is right, we don't have to agree with his reasons to respect the creator's wishes.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 PM

yes, that's why i said you have the influence to help prevent, not you have the power to make it stop. i respect any choices you make around here and other places and i do understand wanting to stay out of conflict. i'm just upset that things have to be this way now.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Century Child

Quote:
yes, that's why i said you have the influence to help prevent, not you have the power to make it stop.
How so? He asked me to remove it, what am I supposed to say? If I was going to use my influence toward any end it would be to encourage everyone to visit both forums, as well as some French ones. Then it wouldn't matter if something gets reposted or not anyway.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
How so? He asked me to remove it, what am I supposed to say? If I was going to use my influence toward any end it would be to encourage everyone to visit both forums, as well as some French ones. Then it wouldn't matter if something gets reposted or not anyway.
perhaps let him know that it's also good for the community that people over here get to see it too and maybe reconsider his decision? i dunno, like putting aside personal things in favor of alizee community? i guess i'm asking for too much from you and yes its probably unfair, so i'll respect your decisions here. i was just puzzled because not long ago you came here and said you're too busy to duplicate posts from AF to here and you wanted the members here to take over and help out.

anyways, let's just move on with this thread. sorry to everyone, like i said was looking for a reason for the post edits because i didn't know what the heck was going on. i'm over it now. thanks.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well they would be in this case since it's playback.
This is the second time that I was mistaken in such a way...

What's the point of a concert if she's not singing live?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Century Child

Quote:
i was just puzzled because not long ago you came here and said you're too busy to duplicate posts from AF to here and you wanted the members here to take over and help out.
Yes, definitely. Though ideally it wouldn't even be necessary. But this case was just an exception. Ric and Jess did nothing wrong. And I tried to post an explanation as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
What's the point of a concert if she's not singing live?
Yeah, dunno. The show was very promotional in nature apparently, and a mix of live and playback. Jenifer was live for example, and Lorie playback. Alizée's segment was actually both. She lip-synced Mademoiselle Juliette and Fifty Sixty, but then sang Moi Lolita live in a style similar to on Star Academy.