Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I'm sorry could you say that again?
Sorry but I was referring to the fans that say,""Hot French Girl", I'll click it". and then leave a forum cuz they dont like her music haha
Old 02-12-2010, 12:04 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée And The Philosopher's Stone?

Damn! This thread's alive again? Don't that beat all! You guys must've heard me cursing at my printer this afternoon. (Don't worry, it's all fine now)

Okay, lemme 'splain.
We sent 2 copies already, one to Jive/Epic, one to Alizée herself, c/o the label. In the past I'd mentioned having another address to send to, which we still haven't tried. (See * below for more explanation of why.) Then I thought of Harry Potter I....

Oh, come on. You know what I mean, right? Where Hogwart's is trying to get a letter to Harry, but his uncle keeps destroying it every time? So they send more and more and more and more letters....

So just today I printed four more copies (see below), now ready to go get mailed tomorrow.

Also, I thought if these didn't get through, it might be time for ALL of us to start printing and mailing copies. Any thoughts on that, anyone?

Here's John, standing on the accursed printer, demonstrating the next batch.

* - why haven't I mailed to the secret, backup address yet? Two reasons. 1) It may be the address of a McDonald's (une Royale avec fromage, svp!), or
2) It may actually turn out to be Lilly & Jerry's home address. Which might seem highly improper, or even worse. So I'm hesitant.

Edit:

Here, I think, Wasabi was referring to the extra "secet" address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Lets hold off on the second letter shall we?

We don't want to become one of those annoying nagging fans.
But is there a different address for Institubes? Does anyone know? I tried googling and couldn't find it yet. Anybody?

Last edited by Chuck; 02-12-2010 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-12-2010, 12:17 AM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Damn! This thread's alive again? Don't that beat all! You guys must've heard me cursing at my printer this afternoon. (Don't worry, it's all fine now)

Okay, lemme 'splain.
We sent 2 copies already, one to Jive/Epic, one to Alizée herself, c/o the label. In the past I'd mentioned having another address to send to, which we still haven't tried. (See * below for more explanation of why.) Then I thought of Harry Potter I....

Oh, come on. You know what I mean, right? Where Hogwart's is trying to get a letter to Harry, but his uncle keeps destroying it every time? So they send more and more and more and more letters....

So just today I printed four more copies (see below), now ready to go get mailed tomorrow.

Also, I thought if these didn't get through, it might be time for ALL of us to start printing and mailing copies. Any thoughts on that, anyone?

Here's John, standing on the accursed printer, demonstrating the next batch.

* - why haven't I mailed to the secret, backup address yet? Two reasons. 1) It may be the address of a McDonald's (une Royale avec fromage, svp!), or
2) It may actually turn out to be Lilly & Jerry's home address. Which might seem highly improper, or even worse. So I'm hesitant.
WOW they look GREAT!!!

I agree we should start sending the next batch, but not now, in a couple of more weeks. Let's give it a two month period after the next batch is sent (IMO).

I still think if possible we should post it on her
Twitter(already done, thanx Ben and docdtv ) ,Facebook, Myspace, YouTube Chanel, and other accounts. This to secure any possibilty she could once check her messages and see the AAm PDF link.
Also when she makes her appearance in Mexico or France, we could ask the Forum leaders or Moderators if they could hand her a copy of the letter from us in Alizee America.

Quote:
I Think We Should Send This Letter To OpenDisc To Forward It For Us. OpenDisc Has Said That Interaction Is Possible Between Alizee And Her Fans Now. That's The Way I Read Their Message To Those Of Us Who Purchaced The Box Set.
GREAT IDEA JEP!!

As for Ben trying to find the best and most adequate place to put the PDF link in AlizeeAmerica, well how about creating a picture link in the AAm Home Page below the Latest Discussion area, and also a message with the link in the Notices Area in the Forum Page. What do you think?

Just giving my 2 cents
Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Chuck, ne t'inquite pas, if you've sent the letter to Alizée via Jive/Epic she will eventually get it. I wouldn't send another copy either to a Paris MacDonalds or to Alizée's home. (BTW she & family do not live in Paris proper, so if the secret address is in the city of Paris -- that ain't it.)

Re Twitter -- Ben, perhaps it would be a good idea to ask Julien over at LT to tweet a message to her about it. LT is one of the 14 entities that she actually follows. Just a thought.

I still think she's probably read it already. I also think that this first little morsel of music from the new album suggests that maybe she would like to break into the U.S. market, since it's in English. You think maybe?

Although I can understand the desire to be anonymous in New York. Or in California, which AFAIK she has never visited and should.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-12-2010, 01:23 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Wait some more? I can do that...

So maybe you guys are saying I shouldn't send these next four yet? If so, sure, I can maintain...

@Deepwaters, re California, I think Lilly had tweeted about going to E3 last year. And I had the impression (from someone or somewhere), that she'd been there before. You gotta admit, it's a lot more likely than her getting here to Madison for the annual World Dairy Expo!

Edit:

Whoah. I just found an address for Institubes.
INSTITUBES
52 rue de Clignancourt
75018 Paris
FRANCE

Should I send one there? Anyone object?

Last edited by Chuck; 02-12-2010 at 01:23 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-12-2010, 01:23 AM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So maybe you guys are saying I shouldn't send these next four yet? If so, sure, I can maintain...

@Deepwaters, re California, I think Lilly had tweeted about going to E3 last year. And I had the impression (from someone or somewhere), that she'd been there before. You gotta admit, it's a lot more likely than her getting here to Madison for the annual World Dairy Expo!
Hmmm if we're seeing wether or not to wait; I think we should disscuss this with the forum members and Ben to take a decision when the next
batch could be sent, that's the best way to go to avoid problems But then again they are your copies Chuck and you are free to send them whenever you want

-----------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

One YAY from me Chuck
No objections from me Chuck; good find

Thanks again Chuck
Old 02-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think a copy to Institubes would be OK. Just don't overdo it.

Quote:
@Deepwaters, re California, I think Lilly had tweeted about going to E3 last year.
WHAT??? And she didn't even phone me!

(Oh, wait -- she doesn't have my phone number. Oops! )

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Edit:

Whoah. I just found an address for Institubes.
INSTITUBES
52 rue de Clignancourt
75018 Paris
FRANCE

Should I send one there? Anyone object?
go for it... it can't hurt
Old 02-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I think a copy to Institubes would be OK. Just don't overdo it.
I agree. Institubes is good, but I'd leave it at that. Let's not use any addresses we're not supposed to have.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Twitter, watching the fans & Web site traffic rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Re Twitter -- Ben, perhaps it would be a good idea to ask Julien over at LT to tweet a message to her about it. LT is one of the 14 entities that she actually follows. Just a thought.
Good idea, Deepwaters!

But for what it is worth, I bet A's people have multiple Twitter accounts, so they can follow and aggregate various sorts of things categorically - I do. I suspect among these is one for following major fan sites. (They also probably follow any major sites too clueless to tweet yet.) I'd say her "official" Twitter site exists, first, so she can tweet herself, and second, so she can highlight the 14 entities you indicate, as a reflection of her PUBLIC IMAGE.

This matter also raises a question about which I have wondered for some time. Does someone OPENLY maintain a list of major Alizée fan sites? As it happens, I joined Lillytown in Paris before I joined AAm, on the theory it would have a superior relationship with the Corsican girl. All the same, I am curious what other major fan sites exist, how many Web pages Google says they hold, and what their estimated traffic is like, e.g. http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/alizeeamerica.com

P.S. Regarding the mention in the Open Letter of the cosmopolitan appeal of the AAm site, Alexa says 5 of 8 parts of the site traffic comes from outside the United States. Alexa also says the three-month average for "percent of global Internet users" visiting AAm is the SAME as for alizee-officiel.com, viz. 0.00027. Back in early 2008, the latter was hitting a DAILY reach of 0.001 percent; it is managing barely half that on its best days now. Quantcast says that less than one in ten of the people visiting alizee-officiel.com in recent months are from the United States.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-12-2010 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: look at US portion of visits to alizee-officiel.com

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail