Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée America Podcast

Old 04-24-2009, 03:04 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Show notes are up now!

Thanks for all the kind words, guys! I was worried this one might come off as a little dry, so I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying it. If you haven't come out for one of the chat parties to be a part of the live experience, you're definitely missing out!

It's so odd how the France Gall comparison became a running undercurrent throughout the show! I didn't even notice it until I started writing up the show notes and went hunting for links. I definitely think Roman's onto something, though, as I find myself cultivating a little bit of a crush on France now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
have you guys tried skype yet? i think you will get the best results with it. you should give it a try. also, using a usb headset mic will make it easier to get good sound quality. you can find them cheap too.
We've been talking about moving over to Skype for the audio quality boost, but we haven't experimented with it yet, mainly because I'm not quite ready to give up on Vent just yet.

The things I like most about Vent are the ability for folks to drop in and out easily at will, without having to be called in, and the ease with which even folks without mics can get involved in the chatroom. I'm not sure all that will carry over if we switch.

There's still a couple other things I can try in terms of converting the Vent files over to Audacity that will hopefully boost the audio quality. We'll see what happens, I guess!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:35 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
have you guys tried skype yet? i think you will get the best results with it. you should give it a try. also, using a usb headset mic will make it easier to get good sound quality. you can find them cheap too.

just found this for recording skype, it has some good reviews:

http://www.skyperec.com/index.htm

http://roostersrail.wordpress.com/20...kype-recorder/
I've changed the audio quality and speed just recently so hopefully that will help too

Old 04-26-2009, 03:37 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

cool, glad you got around to fixing it up and adding it (3 days ago but I haven't been able to get on much), would love to do another one of these type of discussion podcast and maybe get some more people on board, I finished my final performance of the play I was in and I have about a week or two left for finals and I will be open for 3 months to do stuff before classes start again so hopefully I can start making it to some of the other podcast stuff, will she about the one you currently have going.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

When you all were talking about idioms that dont translate directly it reminded me of one.
"Whatever floats your boat" this idiom in english means ,basically, do whatever makes you happy. The idiom that has the same meaning in french translates about to "whatever flips your chicken".
I just thought it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2

Tags
podcast