Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 09-08-2009, 02:45 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Exclamation "Open Letter to Alizée" Project!

Eureka! An Idea Of A Bunch Of Ideas!

Guys & Gals,

On the Lillytown forum, on the discussions about the new album, some of the fans are nervous. Some of what they're saying was very surprising to me! Probably to some of you, too.

They're concerned for their girl, and her future career!

After her years of privacy, Alizée's comeback album "Psychedélices" was not considered a big success. In fact, they called it a commercial semi-failure.

And they're grateful for "The Mexican Miracle"** (their expression) for having saved her from the "yesterday's pop-stars trash bin" (my expression). (¡Gracias a todos nuestros miembros y amigos mejicanos!)

But they don't know if a Mexican Miracle will happen again, or if it'd even be enough to keep Wisteria Song in business....

To get to the point - they're actually hoping that this new album will be the one to break through for her in the US and Canada. Get it? We all want the same thing!

And it could very well happen, if we just sit back and write fan letters all day.

OR WE COULD POOL OUR FAN-LETTER-WRITING PROWESSES TOGETHER!

We've all had ideas for promotions and inroads. Ways to help more of the ignorant to become enlightened by Lilly, until enough are enlightened and she'd be compelled to do a US tour and play in (your town name here).

I'm proposing we all put our best ideas together, translate 'em together, and send 'em all off together!

...well, nobody said anything, so I guess I'll start:

Dear Miss Alizée,

We all (blahblahblah) adore you (blahblahblah) and (AlizeeAmerica.com) (blahblahblah)...

We want to help you to conquer the US. To that end, here are our top suggestions on how to wow the populace and take your rightful place as queen of the world:
(we can all edit this stuff later, too)

1) Be on Letterman. Or Ferguson, or even Kimmel, or O'Brian. Or Leno. Or all of 'em.
--stinky53, Toad Suck Dam, AR

2) Go on The View.
-- Pinky, Pocatello, ID

3) etc. etc. etc.

That could be the start, anyway. Just post your best ideas here, then we'll put 'em all together in a list. Within a week or so, I think we might really hit a few good ones. Then we'll convert it and post it. She couldn't help but to notice, somehow! Seriously.

And after some past marketing miscalculations (like Yoopidoo in english!), I don't see how our suggestions could be any worse. Maybe even better! Write your observations or opinions, your grandma's pork cake recipe, or whatever else you think might help soften up the squooshy minds of the American people.

Suggestions or further questions for our French counterparts will surely come up as well, I hope. We'll deal with that then.

Yes, this may sound like those groups of school kids that get to meet the president by writing a school letter. Well, yes. And they succeed--they get to meet the president! Hey this system works! But how many schools are there? A lot more that don't get to meet him, or attract anyone's notice, that's for sure. How many Alizée America forums are there? Just this one here that I'm writing at! Whaddya say?

**"The Mexican Miracle": After dismal initial sales, the disc and the star just suddenly caught on in Mexico, selling (? millions ?) of copies. I don't know how many, but it was a lot.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:49 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I'm sure there's some kind of telethon charity thing here in the states.... that would help immensely.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:55 AM

Alex is on a distinguished road

I really share your enthusiasm to start this project aswell as the other projects that have been mentioned. I would love to start posting my ideas in this new thread, but the thing is that I'm using my itouch and I can't really write all my suggestions and ideas, but tommorrow morning for sure I will

One question Chuck; if we got well organized and do this project, where would we send all these letters?? Does anybody know her adress or her manager's office??
Now that I recall this past b-day of Alizee, i saw in Alizee World.com that SONY had agreed to send a birthday package to her full of fan presents. Im sure if we get to talk with the president and reps of Alizee world they could talk to SONY BMG and could hopefully help us out

Last edited by Alex; 09-08-2009 at 03:03 AM..
Old 09-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex405687 View Post
One question Chuck; if we got well organized and do this project, where would we send all these letters?? Does anybody know her adress or her manager's office??
I thought the same thing at first, but I don't think he means us personally send it. I think he means we should help out our friends at Lillytown and they'll take care of it

Quote:
that SONY had agreed to send a birthday package to her full of fan presents. Im sure if we get to talk with the president and reps of Alizee world they could talk to SONY BMG and could hopefully help us out
how did the fan's get their present's in the package? I'd like to give her a playdough ashtray or pencil holder for her 26th lol

nah, I know of something meaningful.

Last edited by user472884; 09-08-2009 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-08-2009, 03:19 AM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I thought the same thing at first, but I don't think he means us personally send it. I think he means we should help out our friends at Lillytown and they'll take care of it

how did the fan's get their present's in the package? I'd like to give her a playdough ashtray or pencil holder for her 26th lol

nah, I know of something meaningful.
Well in what I read their presents had to fit inside the package SONY was going to sent out, it also had to weigh a certain weight.

My view in Alizée's career I see it that this next album will decide wether we see Alizée doing a 5th album or not All this due to critics and reviews from France that her last album was not that successfull in france or Europe. And as Chuck said thanx to that Mexican Miracle we see Alizée working harder on the launch of the upcoming album And I really think this is our chance to really show our support, the support of the American fan community.
For me some key points are:
-letting SONY BMG know we need their proffessional help to promte her.
-letting know Alizée once again that we exists and we're growing every week! ( sending letters, etc...)
-and finally promoting her ourselves when the album comes out or right before.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:27 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default How to get it there? Many ways!

Yes, guys, we can try to get a manager's address. We can send copies to jive/epic and sony/bmg and rca. We can do that. We probably will.

At the same time (if what Barrett said was true at all), maybe all we have to do is to ask Jung to ask his sister to pass it on.....?

Or post it on the French websites. Some of those folks actually do seem to (or claim to) know her. One guy has a blog she subscribes to.

The point is, "e-mail a des ailes". E-mail has wings.

We may have to send via 3 or 4 different routes before she'd get it. But we only really need for 1 to make it through, right?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:56 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Jung to ask his sister to pass it on.....?
*perks up like a deer hearing a twig snap*

elaborate please?
Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Drummer Boy

Forrplay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well in what I read their presents had to fit inside the package SONY was going to sent out, it also had to weigh a certain weight.

My view in Alizée's career I see it that this next album will decide wether we see Alizée doing a 5th album or not All this due to critics and reviews from France that her last album was not that successfull in france or Europe. And as Chuck said thanx to that Mexican Miracle we see Alizée working harder on the launch of the upcoming album And I really think this is our chance to really show our support, the support of the American fan community.
For me some key points are:
-letting SONY BMG know we need their proffessional help to promte her.
-letting know Alizée once again that we exists and we're growing every week! ( sending letters, etc...)
-and finally promoting her ourselves when the album comes out or right before.
That sounds like a good plan but it's nearly impossible to reach her or her managers
Old 09-08-2009, 07:12 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Im sure if we get to talk with the president and reps of Alizee world they could talk to SONY BMG and could hopefully help us out
Alizée World does not have actual contact with Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
At the same time (if what Barrett said was true at all), maybe all we have to do is to ask Jung to ask his sister to pass it on.....?
it could be mentioned to a couple people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
*perks up like a deer hearing a twig snap*

elaborate please?
I don't actually have a sister so quit trying to hit on her

Old 09-08-2009, 11:50 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

I love your enthusiasm guys... sadly I can't share it
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail