Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-09-2006, 01:01 AM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road

Nope, stop right there, there are two things that you never bring up in conversation unless you're in the mood to fight: Religeon and Politics, nice little rule of thumb.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4n View Post
Nope, stop right there, there are two things that you never bring up in conversation unless you're in the mood to fight: Religeon and Politics, nice little rule of thumb.
Yup, that's why I said "not to get into it with ya" just felt I had to correct a factual error (still a recovering political junky, so every now and then It'll rear it's ugly head)
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 09-09-2006, 11:40 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

2000 Election
Bush: 50,460,110
Gore: 51,003,926

2004 Election
Bush: 62,040,610
Kerry: 59,028,111

It's shocking to me that 12 million MORE people voted for Bush in 2004 than in 2000. It wasn't a big deal to have voted for him in 2000 (I was among those who did), but after four years of mistakes, failures, and gross disregard for the U.S. Constitution, there was no way I could justify casting the same vote again. I consider myself an Independent, and I'll always try to vote for the person I think is best for the job. Given how far the Republican party has shifted to conservatism, I don't see myself voting for a Republican again for a very, very long time.

Whew. Hopefully that wasn't too incendiary. If so, I'll delete everything but the stats. I'm not getting into a political fight here.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
2000 Election
Bush: 50,460,110
Gore: 51,003,926

2004 Election
Bush: 62,040,610
Kerry: 59,028,111

It's shocking to me that 12 million MORE people voted for Bush in 2004 than in 2000. It wasn't a big deal to have voted for him in 2000 (I was among those who did), but after four years of mistakes, failures, and gross disregard for the U.S. Constitution, there was no way I could justify casting the same vote again. I consider myself an Independent, and I'll always try to vote for the person I think is best for the job. Given how far the Republican party has shifted to conservatism, I don't see myself voting for a Republican again for a very, very long time.

Whew. Hopefully that wasn't too incendiary. If so, I'll delete everything but the stats. I'm not getting into a political fight here.

While I don't believe he made as many mistakes as the media and critics make it out to be (I still believe there were a TON of them, but not as many) I just could not imagine Kerry doing a better job, he never made himself clear to me. I just wish we could get another candidate out there that's willing to kick terrorist ass and not play games with it and is actually a good speaker. Bush just can't get the message across without embarassing himself which fortunately gives Stephen Colbert plenty of material to work with

But, I digress. Infact, I think I'll take a small break (maybe a week or so) from the forums JUST incase.
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 09-09-2006, 01:49 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

LOL this is why we love him...or hate him, w/e

Old 09-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
LOL this is why we love him...or hate him, w/e

That guy does a GREAT impression of Bush. Frank Caliendo is the r0xx0rs.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:00 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep View Post
While I don't believe he made as many mistakes as the media and critics make it out to be (I still believe there were a TON of them, but not as many) I just could not imagine Kerry doing a better job, he never made himself clear to me. I just wish we could get another candidate out there that's willing to kick terrorist ass and not play games with it and is actually a good speaker. Bush just can't get the message across without embarassing himself which fortunately gives Stephen Colbert plenty of material to work with

But, I digress. Infact, I think I'll take a small break (maybe a week or so) from the forums JUST incase.
Nah, don't leave. The people who got banned couldn't have a discussion without calling everyone names - I assume that's why they got banned. Nobody here is getting offended or pissed off, so we're fine.

Unless you were joking, and it went completely over my head.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
Nah, don't leave. The people who got banned couldn't have a discussion without calling everyone names - I assume that's why they got banned. Nobody here is getting offended or pissed off, so we're fine.

Unless you were joking, and it went completely over my head.
Wasn't really a joke but wasn't really serious either. I have been busy recently though so I can only get my Ali fix at night most of the time.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:28 PM

General Patton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep View Post

That guy does a GREAT impression of Bush. Frank Caliendo is the r0xx0rs.
???Wait that isn't the real bush?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:28 PM

General Patton is on a distinguished road

Nevermind I was watching the first video...