Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
Please don't buy the Mexican DVD (in combination with the CD)
Better to buy the PAL version and rip the DVD, then at least you have all audio tracks as well.

The quality is horrible.
It has terrible PAL to NTSC conversion, it ain't anamorphic and is DVD 4.5 instead of 9 like the original.
(more compressed... and it shows.)
ucks

lol I was just talking with Jung about this . Indeed, the Mexican version of En Concert sucks :S
Old 01-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
hehe, sure, what the heck, but I hope I can find a long ethernet cable so I can watch it from my couch. I will be cranking up the volume in that case in which case it could be a little weird if we get sound going through the mic. Hmm, even if we all tried to hit play at the same time, network lag and such... Well, probably won't be a big deal. Hey, then at least I can say I know how to set up teleconferencing. I better get to figuring out how that stuff works. We should put it on the event calendar here too. I'm sure there's plenty of room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Hey sounds like fun, I'm in, we should set a date and time, which may be hard considering time zones. Also do you think it would be hard to hear each other over the music, especially when people don't want to turn it down?
OK, so that's four of us so far. Let's set this up for reals, then...I'm thinking this Saturday, January 10 at 4pm EST/1pm PST, with the concert set to start at about 4:30/1:30 (to give everybody time to sign in, introduce themselves and get set up...some of us may have had a little bit of Alizé, by this point, so simultaneous button-pressing may be tough to co-ordinate ). Assuming everything goes according to plan (touch wood!), we're out by about 6:30/3:30, in time for everybody to go do whatever it is they do on a Saturday night...

If anyone would like to campaign for a different day or an earlier/later start time, please feel free to speak up. I'm not married to this by any means. Whatever works.

While there's bound to be at least a little bit of lag here and there, I don't think it'll matter as much as if we were, say, trying to co-ordinate watching a movie together in real-time. Somebody going out of sync for a few minutes isn't going to destroy the experience (I hope!). And we had a good experience with Vent for the MTVLA Voteathon, which I'm hoping will hold true for this as well.

Feel free to jump in if you haven't already, folks! The more, the merrier!

Edited to add: By the by, how does everybody feel about recording this for posterity (and possible release as an AAm commentary track, assuming it doesn't completely tank)?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

A later time would be better- how aboot 7 PST?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Y'know, while it wouldn't be quite the same, we could co-ordinate a day for a bunch of us to get together on the Vent server, then cue it up and watch it "together" from the comfort of our own homes...sharing observations and pointing out some of the little things like editing gaffes.

It might even be interesting to record it for others to listen to later...sort of an "AAm commentary track" for the DVD.

Could be fun?
yeah I'm in I will make a room for it when the time comes nearer

if anyone has any problems connecting to the server just let me know I am glad to help

Old 01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
A later time would be better- how aboot 7 PST?
OK, that's one vote for a later time. Anybody else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
yeah I'm in I will make a room for it when the time comes nearer

if anyone has any problems connecting to the server just let me know I am glad to help
Awesome, jung. Thanks, man.

EDIT: Created a new thread for discussion of the chat party over here!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 01-06-2009 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKEEN' BADGES!!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Seriously, I almost missed this event. We need create an announcement thread and maybe consider pushing the event a week. Not fair hiding it from everyone like this

Maybe we should consider vouching for a event part of the forum where we could do stuff like this.

Great idea by the way, En Concert is epic to say the least and I'm sure there are many who have thoughts and ideas that have spawned around it. If not then we can always have a blast watching a really great DVD togheter, we don't have to go all philosophical and deep about it, just enjoying a masterpiece togheter with like-minded people is a boost itself

About losing track in the DVD, having to turn down the volume of the DVD and stuff like that... You have all seen it before and know it by heart, atleast I do. It doesn't kill you if you miss a second or two

Any trouble with the ventrilo contact me or Jung. I've used it for many years and Jung owns the damn thing
A tip is to try it out as early as possible, computers have a funny way to screw you when you got the least of time

Edit: Just realized that was a total overdose of smiles, guess I'm feeling a bit smiliey since it's my birthday and all

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!

Last edited by Tomtentp; 01-06-2009 at 01:32 AM..
Old 01-07-2009, 02:20 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Edit: Just realized that was a total overdose of smiles, guess I'm feeling a bit smiliey since it's my birthday and all
Happy Birthday!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Happy Birthday!
Merci =>

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

The time sounds alright to me, I should be able to get through most of the DVD if we start at 4. I might have to leave around 5:30 to go get something to eat, usually go out with the family on Saturday's.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
The time sounds alright to me, I should be able to get through most of the DVD if we start at 4. I might have to leave around 5:30 to go get something to eat, usually go out with the family on Saturday's.
Hey, there's another thread for it now. haha, but that's ok. Be there or be square. (guess that term has gone the way of the dodo, though, like the phrase gone the way of the dodo)

Merci Fanny