Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Body English missing using text-based communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Doc, we do appreciate your suggestions, and a plan to implement this one is in the works. However... "Shouting" at him like this doesn't help to get things done any faster. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thank you.
Believe it or not, it was REALLY not my intention to shout at Ben. He had already answered my question about the suggestion queue.

I did, however, want to make everyone reading this thread aware of the need to help Alizée by driving traffic to her sites from ones like this one - and how BRIEF a time ago I made this explicit suggestion. Why make them care? Because more could get done if more people helped. Ben himself wrote me of the need and ambition to staff up.

I apologize if I made it seem anyone was OBLIGED to work for free. I don't believe in slavery.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
See what Alizée posted on her FB:

She says "Merci" for all the gifts which include the our letter, the t-shirt(Boston loves you) presented by Scruffy and the Alizée America cap.

See it <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alizee/14762050573?ref=nf">here</a>
omg! *drops on floor*
Old 04-03-2010, 06:12 PM

Backinblack is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

Just a quick note about a few things as I catch up on this thread. A few people had some questions that I could help clear up.

I posted some thoughts from Monday's events on Alizée Forum and then copied the same text and posted it in in a different thread (as you may have seen, it was 3 a.m. Paris time and I was tired ). No problem that Dave posted it in here as well.

Anyway, concerning the hello to Alizée America, if you see the whole video that Dave posted, it's my voice that you hear as she nods and begins her message. I was worried that she wouldn't understand what Dave was asking of her, and I wanted to emphasize that all we wanted was just a quick hello, specifically mentioning the forum by name (I knew that our time was running out and that she had to get down to start the autograph session soon). Well, she nailed it. Nothing rehearsed, just a quick, wonderful message on the spot.

So I had pretty much been out of the loop on the Institutes label. I read that they were going to produce Alizée's album, but I didn't know anything about them and I assume the average French person doesn't know who they are. So I talked for a couple of minutes with Jean-René Etienne, the crazy hair guy, assuming he was part of her management team, not knowing he was a musician in his own right. Anyway, you can hear Dave talking with him in the background in the long video Dave recently posted in this thread. After Jean-René spoke with Dave, I began talking with him (partially to let Dave focus on Alizée , but also because he looked like an important guy who also spoke good English and might listen to our suggestions). In hindsight, I may have been a bit bold, giving him advice on how to promote Alizée in the U.S., when I have no experience in the music or entertainment industry, and I've spent most of the last two years outside the U.S. Anyway, he said that she would be doing some shows in Mexico soon and that they were considering something in the U.S., and I just said that a show in the U.S., in a place like NYC shouldn't be out of the question; it would be much easier to get 2000 American fans together in NYC than in France. Also, I reminded him that the U.S. is a big country, so it would be good to give people plenty of advance notice of a concert, so that they could make travel arrangements in time (easier said than done, I'm sure).

A million thanks to Dave and Fernando for filming and posting these videos. I can't describe how great it is to have a record of these events so that the memories won't ever fade away. And a million more thanks to Doc and Ben, and anyone else on the forum who helped make this idea into reality.

And now I see that Alizée posted a picture of the gifts that were given to her. A great gesture on her part. Oh, and now I'm officially a "fan" of Alizée on Facebook. Better late than never.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Thank Backinblack! Next time we need to send out more videographers to document. More lights, more cameras... umm, may be we shouldn't overwhelm such an intimate event. LOL!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 04-03-2010, 07:06 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Yeah, maybe not! But where ever we send people next, I am going to try to be there! But not as a vieographer, like I said before, when I meet Alizée, I am not going to spend the experience looking at her through a view finder, so the shots will only show the floor and walls most likely!
Old 04-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
but that unlike the others, she seems be more hands on and the like.
Isn't that one of the reasons she is so special? Because she is really down to earth and she is some big fans of other artists just like we are big fans of her...I mean hey she probably writes to some singers and celebrities herself haha
Old 04-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Isn't that one of the reasons she is so special? Because she is really down to earth and she is some big fans of other artists just like we are big fans of her...I mean hey she probably writes to some singers and celebrities herself haha
Oh definitely. That's the point I was trying to make. It's actually one of the reasons that I, like many others I'm sure, that I became such a fan of her in the first place.

I'm sure the people who were there for autograph session with Scruffy can attest to this.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Oh definitely. That's the point I was trying to make. It's actually one of the reasons that I, like many others I'm sure, that I became such a fan of her in the first place.

I'm sure the people who were there for autograph session with Scruffy can attest to this.
Yep...she seems VERY nice and would be a very fun person to hang out with. I mean hey I would go shopping with her....and no not lawn-jurray shopping
Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I should have gone to bed a couple of hours ago, but I thought it was important to strike while the iron was still hot. I've been e-mailing several local news stations, several newspapers with this story, thinking it would be an interesting one for some one. I have to contact them now because a week from now, this story would be ancient history in the eyes of the media. Then to come back here and see pictures of the things I presented her, well that was just overwhelming.
Scruffy I know you have heard all of this and I have already complimented you on your ambassadorship, but I still can't believe the laundrylist of tasks you successfully completed in such a short time. When you have time to breath the sense of accomplishment I would think will be enormous if not already. I can't imagine the feeling of seeing the gifts and a thank you from Alizee. If you keep going like this we may have to vote you in as our American ambassador for Alizee domestic as well as our ambassador to France.I wish you great success with the contacts you are making to promote Alizee with the US media. You are definitely on a role. Thanks again Ben, Chuck, Doc and all the other contributors that made all this possible. A real gift to all fans of Alizee.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:42 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backinblack View Post
Hey guys,

Just a quick note about a few things as I catch up on this thread. A few people had some questions that I could help clear up....
Wow! Cool. Thanks for the info Mark.
And Alizée! You posted a photo of your gifts. Wow. That's cool. I don't think she's ever done anything like before. Well, you guys (we) really achieved something here. Maybe Alizée is starting to get the hang of this internet thing. I don't know. I hope she is getting help from other people. I assume she is, but that photo of gifts from AAmers, that's special. Good job.

Oh, I had one question (besides still wondering if I got a dedication) what is all that on the wall? (has that been answered already?)

Merci Fanny
Closed Thread