Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Funny, I was just thinking about posting something about this earlier today. Great minds think alike, I guess!

Metalizée is the only unreleased episode that I'd feel comfortable putting out there, honestly. While there was some interesting discussion in the two Thunderdome 'casts, I think they worked better as live events--they drag on waaaaaaaay too long for a podcast. And the recording I had of the Aguascalientes commentary is all messed up.

Anyway...Ben and I have talked really briefly about bringing back the podcast--it's a lot of fun, and a unique part of AAm--but I'm trying to figure out the logistics of doing it without burning myself out in the process. The recordings are fun, but the editing afterwards is a massive pain in the tuchas.

We're open to suggestions, of course, so if anybody has any ideas, let's hear 'em!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Funny, I was just thinking about posting something about this earlier today. Great minds think alike, I guess!

Metalizée is the only unreleased episode that I'd feel comfortable putting out there, honestly. While there was some interesting discussion in the two Thunderdome 'casts, I think they worked better as live events--they drag on waaaaaaaay too long for a podcast. And the recording I had of the Aguascalientes commentary is all messed up.

Anyway...Ben and I have talked really briefly about bringing back the podcast--it's a lot of fun, and a unique part of AAm--but I'm trying to figure out the logistics of doing it without burning myself out in the process. The recordings are fun, but the editing afterwards is a massive pain in the tuchas.

We're open to suggestions, of course, so if anybody has any ideas, let's hear 'em!
Well you aren't given any specific date to get the edits in.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well you aren't given any specific date to get the edits in.
Well yeah, there is that. I was pushing myself to try and stick to the bi-weekly schedule that Ciara originally established for the podcast. I think it happened, like, once in all the episodes we released, and I kept getting more and more frustrated the further we fell behind. We'd definitely be looking at a more relaxed release/recording schedule, for sure.

I still wish there was a better solution than Ventrilo, but from what I've heard on other podcasts since, Skype doesn't appear to have that much of an edge on it as far as sound quality is concerned.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

I'm sure we could do something, and don't forget--I can do any editing you please. Yes, I believe Ventrilo would be the best sound quality option and is rather convenient, but I don't know much beyond a couple of VoIP programs. But the album will be our best hope for anything interesting to do as far as material. I think that scheduled gatherings, recorded or not, would be great because the amount of humor that goes around is enough to keep the community fresh.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post

What about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
The hair episode sounded really interesting but then i found out you guys already did it . So then I wanted to listen to it but then i found out that it's filled with stuff that shouldn't be there, i guess is the way to put it . Then i thought, well maybe its funny , but then i found out that you guys dont even wanna think about it . It's really sad that i missed out on it, but why not do it over? Im guessing there are more members in the podcast group now than there was when you guys first did it, and with the experience of having messed up the first one, we would know to behave. It might sound like I'm asking to talk about the same things all over again, but we dont have to. We could take it into another direction. But again i didnt take part in the first Hair Episode, so i dont know for sure if this could work. Could somebody who did tell me their thoughts on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanej View Post
I second the request for doing the hair episode over again. I was really looking forward to it, and you guys not wanting to even think about it only makes those of us that aren't there for the recording want it even more.

And going off topic isn't entirely bad. There's a show called Windows Weekly, and Apple is a topic in nearly every episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
I guess the spirit of this thing died with Ruros absence, where is he anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
The hair episode sounded really interesting but then i found out you guys already did it . So then I wanted to listen to it but then i found out that it's filled with stuff that shouldn't be there, i guess is the way to put it . Then i thought, well maybe its funny , but then i found out that you guys dont even wanna think about it . It's really sad that i missed out on it, but why not do it over? Im guessing there are more members in the podcast group now than there was when you guys first did it, and with the experience of having messed up the first one, we would know to behave. It might sound like I'm asking to talk about the same things all over again, but we dont have to. We could take it into another direction. But again i didnt take part in the first Hair Episode, so i dont know for sure if this could work. Could somebody who did tell me their thoughts on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanej View Post
I second the request for doing the hair episode over again. I was really looking forward to it, and you guys not wanting to even think about it only makes those of us that aren't there for the recording want it even more.

And going off topic isn't entirely bad. There's a show called Windows Weekly, and Apple is a topic in nearly every episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
I guess the spirit of this thing died with Ruros absence, where is he anyway?
Well, now that you're here Ruro, how about it? New Hair Episode?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

And after we could talk about her magically appearing-disappearing tan!

The Vanillazée-Bronzée-Chocolazée Episode

You know you want to
Old 01-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

I don't care what we talk about, I just want to another podcast or something. Those were so much fun.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Uhhhhhh...the first attempt at a 'hair' episode was kind of an awkward train wreck unfolding in slow motion. It's been suggested that it might have worked out better if we'd had a tighter outline to go by, but I'm not convinced.

Tell you what: if somebody wants to hammer together an outline for another attempt I'd be game to take a look at it, and then we could go from there.

Otherwise, I am doing some work behind the scenes to get the podcast/chat parties up and running again. I'll give everyone a a heads' up once we're ready to go.