Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-22-2020, 04:06 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road
Default Had an intriguing dream about Alizee the other night

Disclaimer: It was nothing romantic, just to get that out of the way I can assure you this because the dream actually felt somewhat realistic as it happened.

It's a pretty short sequence of events, in fact not much at all happened. It begins with me finding a picture of Alizee I'd never seen before, there are plenty of those, however this one got me asking more questions than usual. I believe the photo was a print but could've just been on a computer, either way that's not important.

The picture was a bit grainy and slightly damaged, but I could still make out what was in it quite well. The photo is of Alizee standing next to or on top of a table outside, surrounded closely by a group of people.

The photo was taken at the very school I attend, in regional Australia. The table she was next to was removed a few years ago, so I either ask or figure out myself when the picture was taken, and get an answer of sometime around 2006, just a year before I began attending the school. The other people in the photo appear to be primary (elementary) kids judged by their height, my sister is the right age to have been one of them, and they're all crowding around Alizee as if she's handing out lollies (candy) and everyone wants a piece. Whether or not the kids know how successful Alizee is as an artist I don't know, but what's for sure is they all seem so joyful in her presence, everyone's smiling and having a good time.

Of course upon finding this picture I have a million questions. 'Maybe Alizee did visit Australia?', 'What was she doing here?', 'Do the school still have contact with her?', 'How did I not know about this earlier?' and most poignant: 'Why did I have to miss out on meeting her?!'

Based on what I remember, that's where the dream ended just as I woke up, shattered at the realisation it was all a figure of my imagination

It was the first time I recall her appearing in my dreams and probably won't be the last, maybe next time it won't end on the sour note of myself realising she never has and may never visit my country.

Anyway, thanks for reading through this ridiculous post of mine, do you guys ever have Alizee appear in your dreams? I'm sure there's some interesting stories you guys have to share, but don't have to if you don't want to, luckily mine was kept within reason

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 05-22-2020 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: Re-formatting paragraphs
Old 05-22-2020, 05:26 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Nice story! Usually dreams are so strange that, when they are realistic, they seem even stranger. :|
There are some photos of her surrounded by kids, maybe you took inspiration from there... Do you recall anything that could refer to a real photo?

Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
do you guys ever have Alizee appear in your dreams?
I usually forget my dreams soon after I wake up, but I'm pretty sure I have never seen Alizée in my dreams.
I think it would be something too unusual to forget.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 05-22-2020 at 05:39 AM..
Old 05-22-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
There are some photos of her surrounded by kids, maybe you took inspiration from there... Do you recall anything that could refer to a real photo?
Not right now, I know there's some pictures of her with kids from the dance studio, but none I can specifically remember or have saved on my device. If you have any pictures of Alizee with a group of kids surrounding her I'd like to see as I might recognise them.

I think the photo in the dream more so stems from the fact it was at a specific place in my school, I seem to have heaps of dreams about people I go to school with as it's the only real social interaction I take part in normally, though none of them specifically were in the dream.

I guess it's that, combined with Alizee being so suddenly prominent in my conscious. I usually listen to one song of hers just before going to bed, and also have her on my screen when I go to turn my alarms off in the morning, so perhaps having her be the last thing I see/hear at night makes her more likely to appear in such dreams.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
If you have any pictures of Alizee with a group of kids surrounding her I'd like to see as I might recognise them.
I was thinking about these occasions:
http://youtu.be/-Asz_PJ8Ck0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alizee...57676003873025

But it isn't that important, I was just curious
Old 05-22-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:

I guess it's that, combined with Alizee being so suddenly prominent in my conscious. I usually listen to one song of hers just before going to bed, and also have her on my screen when I go to turn my alarms off in the morning, so perhaps having her be the last thing I see/hear at night makes her more likely to appear in such dreams.
Yeah, it may help, I presume. I usually watch some Alizée videos on youtube before going to bed but, as I was saying, I have never had a dream about her.
It may be the combination of this suddenly interest in her that you have and also her photo being the first thing you see when you wake up: your brain might have been already projected to your awakening and it mixed everything up.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Yeah, it may help, I presume. I usually watch some Alizée videos on youtube before going to bed but, as I was saying, I have never had a dream about her.
It may be the combination of this suddenly interest in her that you have and also her photo being the first thing you see when you wake up: your brain might have been already projected to your awakening and it mixed everything up.
Yeah, I'm not an expert on dream patterns, I may never see her appear in my dreams again (hopefully I'm wrong), it's a very strange science. The picture was quite faint, and the dream short, perhaps could be more described like you said, a projection, just before waking up, almost like a teaser for something to happen later but that's not how dreams work unfortunately.

Quote:
I was thinking about these occasions:
http://youtu.be/-Asz_PJ8Ck0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alizee...57676003873025

But it isn't that important, I was just curious
I haven't seen these photos or that video, she seems to be enjoying herself in both scenarios. Thanks for sharing
Old 05-22-2020, 11:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not an expert on dream patterns, I may never see her appear in my dreams again (hopefully I'm wrong), it's a very strange science. The picture was quite faint, and the dream short, perhaps could be more described like you said, a projection, just before waking up, almost like a teaser for something to happen later but that's not how dreams work unfortunately.

I haven't seen these photos or that video, she seems to be enjoying herself in both scenarios. Thanks for sharing
As long as I've followed her and as much as she's meant to me, you'd think I'd have a dream about her every night and I'm sure me and others here do, but it seems that usually the dreams you remember are the ones where you are woken up suddenly and that doesn't happen that often with me.

It also seems like when you first wake up remembering a dream, you have to make s strong effort to remember the details of that dream right at that moment, otherwise, it is very quickly forgotten.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Hi Ben.Daly!
First, I have to compliment you on your writing. You made your dream sound interesting and real—not always an easy thing to do when trying to describe (much less write about) a dream!
I am not one to believe there is a lot of unrelated symbolism in dreams. I tend to believe they are mostly made up of bits and pieces of thoughts—some dominant in our minds and others we have barely acknowledged— that our sleeping brain tries to assemble into some kind of logical or coherent story. So, in your case my guess is your dream came about largely because of your awareness that Alizée has not been to your country, as well as your wish to see her. It makes sense, actually—you feel like you’ve missed out on the opportunity to see her, even though others have been able to, and yet you certainly are aware that it is possible to still experience a lot about her, via photos, etc. You also question if there’s a chance one day you might see her—I think your wondering in the dream about if your school still
has contact with her shows that you are hopeful about future opportunities. I also think that, because she was surrounded by people all having a good time and the fact she was handing out treats, it shows you are particularly aware of her as a very popular performer who gives a lot to her audience. Your dream seems to indicate you want to join with others in appreciating her, rather than it being focused just on yourself. Very healthy attitude!
Thanks for sharing your dream. It was very interesting and thought-provoking!
Old 05-22-2020, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Hi Ben.Daly!
First, I have to compliment you on your writing. You made your dream sound interesting and real—not always an easy thing to do when trying to describe (much less write about) a dream!
I am not one to believe there is a lot of unrelated symbolism in dreams. I tend to believe they are mostly made up of bits and pieces of thoughts—some dominant in our minds and others we have barely acknowledged— that our sleeping brain tries to assemble into some kind of logical or coherent story. So, in your case my guess is your dream came about largely because of your awareness that Alizée has not been to your country, as well as your wish to see her. It makes sense, actually—you feel like you’ve missed out on the opportunity to see her, even though others have been able to, and yet you certainly are aware that it is possible to still experience a lot about her, via photos, etc. You also question if there’s a chance one day you might see her—I think your wondering in the dream about if your school still
has contact with her shows that you are hopeful about future opportunities. I also think that, because she was surrounded by people all having a good time and the fact she was handing out treats, it shows you are particularly aware of her as a very popular performer who gives a lot to her audience. Your dream seems to indicate you want to join with others in appreciating her, rather than it being focused just on yourself. Very healthy attitude!
Thanks for sharing your dream. It was very interesting and thought-provoking!
Thankyou for the feedback! Your analysis seems spot on, and very detailed, those are all things I think about often. The handing out treats was more so just an example of how the kids were approaching her, I have no idea what was actually going on in the photo, though I'd guess she was leading them in some sort of activity or game, maybe telling a story. She was looking down towards the kids and seemed focused on their enjoyment. I think the kids just enjoyed her presence and didn't care to know she was a celebrity of sorts, and I think (based on pictures/videos from Ajaccio) this looks to be the case in real life, no matter where she travels or how many people from all over the world listen to her music, she's still a member of the local community and just wants to give back however she can.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:38 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for sharing that Ben. Next month marks my 14th year of being a fan. I wonder how many dreams I've had? Isn't there an app that is capable of recording your dreams?

Tags
australia, dream, night, school, tasmania