Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Nice job Antares!!
Old 08-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Last week I embarked upon a mission to recreate the goldfish featured on Alizée's outfit in the J'en ai marre! videos. Having never illustrated anything before in my life, the task proved to be quite a lot harder than I had imagined, but was ultimately a fun and rewarding learning experience.

To start, I began collecting reference photos from what I thought was the highest quality video of JEAM I had. The pictures were small, blurry, and distorted, but gave me a decent start.

It wasn't until my first draft was finished that I came across a much better reference photo in another video that had a closer shot of the goldfish in question. It then became clear to me that the sole reason for this goldfish's existence was likely to give the cameras an excuse to show a gratuitous closeup of Alizée's bum.

Using a combination of these two reference photos, I recreated the goldfish using the vector graphics "Pen Tool" in Photoshop. The advantage of using vector graphics over other illustration methods is the ability to later enlarge the image to any desired size without a loss of resolution. More than thirty hours of work and countless revisions later, the fish was done.

My original intent was to create a vinyl graphic of the goldfish to put on my car's rear window. I'm still working on this, but in the meantime decided to have some fun and make a quick wallpaper with it.

The wallpaper is scaled and composed for a MacBook Air's resolution and GUI, but can be resized for other displays upon request.
Nice workings , not to take away from your work either and efforts at all but perhaps to help your project there is one of her CD's with the Goldfish on it . I believe one is ( considerably/considered " rare " ) even a fold out version where when you open it up is a large Goldfish . Sorry i have not time to find images but it shouldn't be too hard to locate .
Old 08-05-2014, 01:15 PM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

This? It looks really weird
Old 08-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

I actually did play around a bit with the tissue paper fish from the promo, removing the background to see what it would look like.

Some other promo and merchandise material also used the same style of fish in a cartoon version, like this lanyard.

It could probably be recreated without too much difficulty, but I don't think it would look quite right with vector graphics. Using a drawing pad would probably look more natural in order to capture the nuances in the shape.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post
This? It looks really weird
Yes that is one , which i shouldn't have said one as there are many cd featuring the fish plus i believe i'd just seen a promo poster for that/those cd on ebay with similar artwork . The one cd i had in mind is the cd which folds out to a rather large fish iirc .

I'll try to remember to take a close up pic of the lanyard fish but i didn't bring it with me today and it maybe a byte til i get back online .

Last edited by alizeefan; 08-06-2014 at 12:08 PM..
Old 09-11-2017, 12:32 AM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée picture.

<3
Old 07-15-2020, 02:34 PM

Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

Here is one of my favorite collages.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:27 AM

Old 07-16-2020, 01:21 PM

Old 07-26-2020, 09:33 AM