Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Question Have you lost touch with the younger Alizée?

Is it just me, or is the constant updating of her Instagram/Twitter and the more "mature" <(debatable in many ways) feel to her last two albums putting a more "grown" look of Alizée inside your head?

I've noticed the last two years that when listening to her music, discussing her, and hearing her name makes an image inside my head of a present-day Alizée, not the younger innocent Alizée of 2000-2004.

I don't know if thats a good or bad thing, or anything at all. But her push to rid herself of the "Lolita" image is definitely working by the looks of these forums. After re-reading this last sentence I just typed, it has become very clear to me that this could have been her strategy all along, to distract us from Lolita with this totally different Alizée. Psychedelices was the start of the "ex-Lolita", UEDS was her way of showing that she can be very dark, and this upcoming album shows she can still get an album up and running despite the complications of her situation.

Thoughts?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Is it just me, or is the constant updating of her Instagram/Twitter and the more "mature" <(debatable in many ways) feel to her last two albums putting a more "grown" look of Alizée inside your head?

I've noticed the last two years that when listening to her music, discussing her, and hearing her name makes an image inside my head of a present-day Alizée, not the younger innocent Alizée of 2000-2004.

I don't know if thats a good or bad thing, or anything at all. But her push to rid herself of the "Lolita" image is definitely working by the looks of these forums. After re-reading this last sentence I just typed, it has become very clear to me that this could have been her strategy all along, to distract us from Lolita with this totally different Alizée. Psychedelices was the start of the "ex-Lolita", UEDS was her way of showing that she can be very dark, and this upcoming album shows she can still get an album up and running despite the complications of her situation.

Thoughts?

This reminds me when we were looking for hidden messages in napkins and analysing her pictures with and without wedding ring. Because "that was her way of tell fans about this or that..."
I don't believe in any of that.

I agree with your post, she looks more mature. But I don't think it has a lot to do with her old Lolita image, at least with a conscious effort to get rid from that image. That was just a stage of her early career as a singer. If she shows a more mature image it is because in her personal life she is nearly the mother of that "imaginary" Lolita. And now she is a real mother, too.

I wonder how much she cares about her Lolita era. It is important for us as fans because it is a great era and a constant reference. And it was important for her, but from a professional point of view.
I doubt that has still have any influence on her personal life nowadays.

I bet Lolita, from a personal point of view, died when she retired and had a baby. And from a professional point of view, Lolita died long time ago. No need to try to escape from that image anymore. First, because no matter what she does she always will be Lolita for the 90% of the world that know Alizée but are not fans. Second, because you can not get more far away from the Lolita image than this:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8nexBx5IeVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by SpanishFan; 10-23-2012 at 08:20 AM..
Old 10-23-2012, 12:13 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

To play "lolita" at about age 30 would be pathetic..thanks god she's whole grown up and she is showing us..still having that funny crazy way to take the live we can see on her fuzzy instagram pollution..I like that.
p.s. I like very much when she plays "Cleopatra"sometimes..you know..
Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

To be honest, I've never really seen her that way. When I first discovered her, it was a few months before Psychedelices came out. So, while I'd seen all of her videos and listened to all of her music, it's kinda like we've grown up together. :P

Then again, I'm female, so I was never obsessed with her looks. I think she is very attractive and I really like her style, but I'm not sexually attracted to her, obviously.

Or am I?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I think she is grateful for her years as Lolitazee, but doesn't worry about getting away from that image as much as we like to speculate that she does. I'm sure she doesn't even think of it anymore. She seems to be a believer in living in the now, in the past she's said she doesn't like to think about the future too much - I wouldn't be surprised if she had the same philosophy about the past.

If she's smart, she probably knows that the more she pushes away from that image and worries about it, the more it will stick. If she's just chill and focuses on other things, people will eventually stop associating her with it - like we are now.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I have always looked at Alizee as that friend I would love to have a beer with, shes that girl next door; at the same time she is that Mother figure we all expect to see in the Mall.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I ran across her at twenty and never looked back. I have watched her for the last eight years come the end of November, and never ever considered Alizée as she was in the earlier years. As the song by the Monkee's during their reunion tour around 25 years years ago says, that was then, this is now.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Shes still on my ipod...O I remember the days of wondering if she'd ever surface again...
Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

All great thoughts everyone! I thought we'd have more guys that see her as a girl in a short skirt, seems we dont have any! Thats probably a good thing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
Shes still on my ipod...O I remember the days of wondering if she'd ever surface again...
Ahhh, a Hiatus Member! Welcome back to the forums! Don't look at her Instagram or you'll be sure to not stick arou...I mean...uhhh...where was I?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
To be honest, I've never really seen her that way. When I first discovered her, it was a few months before Psychedelices came out. So, while I'd seen all of her videos and listened to all of her music, it's kinda like we've grown up together. :P

Then again, I'm female, so I was never obsessed with her looks. I think she is very attractive and I really like her style, but I'm not sexually attracted to her, obviously.

Or am I?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Tags
alizee, discussion, mature, twitter, young