Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road
Default Toy Story 3!! Has/will anyone else see it?

And did anyone else cry?

I was so upset at the ending, those movies MADE my childhood and now it's like I have to box my Toy Story memories up and move on

I heard that Monsters Inc. is getting a sequel too! I hope Boo is in it, she was so adorable.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:02 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

My mom said it was good. But she also said Dragonball Evolution was good. So, you know, take that how you will. First was great, a classic! Second was meh. Third, now Disney has gone through Hannah Montana and such? Oh crap... But, if it made you cry, it might be good. I cried in Titanic.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Saw it. Loved it. It's the perfect closing chapter to an amazing trilogy.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:16 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Lol. Toy Story. Gotta love Toy Story . Your right about Toy Story makin up a good part of a childhood. Same here!

Haven't seen it but I think I'll try to. It'll bring back the good ol' days . But I don't want to cry .

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
My mom said it was good. But she also said Dragonball Evolution was good.
As much as I understand what your saying about Dragonball Evolution... I just can't diss the movie as I'm too much of a DBZ fan. Now if you really wanna talk about a show making up your childhood then look no further with me there . Made me want to stay extremely fit, really kicked off my drawing, got my imagination going. Gotta love DBZ!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
My mom said it was good. But she also said Dragonball Evolution was good. So, you know, take that how you will. First was great, a classic! Second was meh. Third, now Disney has gone through Hannah Montana and such? Oh crap... But, if it made you cry, it might be good. I cried in Titanic.
All my friends said Dragonball was awful but I was never into it as a kid, so ehhh :P

It was great actually, maybe even the best in the trilogy. Sequels usually suck, but this one was just as funny and endearing as the last two. Oh, and Titanic has me bawling every time.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Saw it. Loved it. It's the perfect closing chapter to an amazing trilogy.
I agree that it was perfect, it fits right in as a classic and they sealed it off neatly.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
Lol. Toy Story. Gotta love Toy Story . Your right about Toy Story makin up a good part of a childhood. Same here!

Haven't seen it but I think I'll try to. It'll bring back the good ol' days . But I don't want to cry.
Yeah, it was SO nostalgic for me. It was so funny and sweet, just like the others, and the ending is both happy AND sad. It depends on the way you look at it, really!

Last edited by Azhiri; 06-21-2010 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-21-2010, 01:25 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

I saw it, definitely nostalgic... a beautiful ending =]

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I'm not going to lie. I'm kind of hesitant on watching it in public, because I heard so many people cried.

I'm a sucker for nostalgia, so I'll probably bawl or something. I'd like to avoid the public humiliation.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Literally, just got back from watching it.

I did not like it at all. I thought they focused more on the visual aspect more than they did the story. I had all sorts of complaints throughout the whole time; they could have developed the bear's character a bit more, the barbie-ken subplot was lame, a theater FULL of children and grandmas who thought each freaking second of the Night and Day short was SO HILARIOUS THAT YOU HAD TO TRY AND BREAK THE SOUND BARRIER, all the loud and busy action sequences (particularly the dump sequence) I felt was a bit too startling for the target audience, I don't know how Jim Varney impersonaters sleep at night, etc.
(plus, being awake since 6pm yesterday to 3pm today didn't help either)

I will always prefer the original Toy Story above the others. It had a good story, interesting characters, a well executed presentation...

In a way, Toy Story will always be lightyears ahead of 2 and 3
Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Literally, just got back from watching it.

I did not like it at all. I thought they focused more on the visual aspect more than they did the story. I had all sorts of complaints throughout the whole time; they could have developed the bear's character a bit more, the barbie-ken subplot was lame, a theater FULL of children and grandmas who thought each freaking second of the Night and Day short was SO HILARIOUS THAT YOU HAD TO TRY AND BREAK THE SOUND BARRIER, all the loud and busy action sequences (particularly the dump sequence) I felt was a bit too startling for the target audience, I don't know how Jim Varney impersonaters sleep at night, etc.
(plus, being awake since 6pm yesterday to 3pm today didn't help either)

I will always prefer the original Toy Story above the others. It had a good story, interesting characters, a well executed presentation...

In a way, Toy Story will always be lightyears ahead of 2 and 3
Hmm. I enjoyed every aspect of it. I thought the Lotso Bear character was developed enough. I found the Barbie-Ken subplot pretty hilarious, especially when he's trying on all the clothes. I loved when Barbie disguised herself as Ken to get instruction book for Buzz Lightyear. The bookworm shakes his head when he sees the heels.

I also enjoyed the refrences to gangster flicks, Lotso Bear was essentially a gangster, and the whole scene with Buzz keeping guard with the toys as prisoners reminded me of the Shawshank Redemption. The part with the clown who also belonged to Lotso's owner reminded me of a scene from The Godfather or a similar film.

I had a good audience....the last 15 minutes of the film was complete silence. And everyone erupted into applause during "The Claw" scene near the end.

Last edited by puffyrock2; 06-21-2010 at 06:15 PM..
Old 06-21-2010, 08:12 PM
psychedelices Depuis '67

JEP is on a distinguished road

Seen It Today, I Didn't Cry Though But I Really Liked The Ending.