Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Starstruck

scallaway12 is on a distinguished road
Default alizee posters?

hey everyone,

ive been looking everywhere for a place to order alizee posters but noone has them. i NEED to get a few for my dorm room.

if anyone knows of a place, could i get a little help?

thanks!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by scallaway12 View Post
hey everyone,

ive been looking everywhere for a place to order alizee posters but noone has them. i NEED to get a few for my dorm room.

thanks!
http://www.iceposter.com/posters/Alizee/?q=alizee
Old 06-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Starstruck

scallaway12 is on a distinguished road

yeah i saw that site but i dont know if its credible.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:38 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Nice! I think I may have to get one or two... or twenty as well

The price is kinda up there for me but... I'll be saving up some money

Edit:

Quote:
yeah i saw that site but i dont know if its credible.
Ya know, on second thought, I think you may be right. Its not showing the cart thing for safe shopping there for me. And I just noticed up in the top corner it has a link for 'erotic' other posters and stuff... it may not mean anything but just sayin'. And if you proceed to checkout, I don't think they use PayPal.

Last edited by AlizéeInspired; 06-23-2010 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

well, you can always get a custom (yet most likely smaller) one from kinkos or something...

and also there's a pretty nice poster that comes with the deluxe edition of Psychédélices
Old 06-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Wall posters

Quote:
hey everyone,

thanks!
You should have pre-ordered the
ALIZEE COFFRET DELUXE NUMEROTE, UNE ENFANT DU SIECLE, which included a giant 50cm (20") x 70cm (28") poster!

I have an idea. Write to the OFFICIAL Alizée Store Customer Services via one of the following. They do not have such an SKU now, but if they get enough requests they might consider creating a product.

e-mail: contact@alizeestore.com
Web mail: http://alizeestore.myshopify.com/pages/contact
snail mail:
--- ALIZEE STORE
--- 52 rue de Clignancourt
--- 75018 Paris FRANCE

If you are interested in a premium product like a "Fathead"(TM), a "removable non-damaging wall graphic" pushed hard on US TV, ask if the Alizée Store is willing to send an image to Fathead's printing-on-demand (i.e. ONE OFF) special order page for a fee they set. That page is here: http://www.fathead.com/custom/

Exclusive of the cost of the image and shipping, the cited prices include $35 for a laptop skin and $60 for a 2-foot by 3-foot poster. The biggest size is 4-foot by 6.5 feet (BIGGER than life-size Alizée!) and would set you back $140, plus image and shipping costs!

Who knows? If there is enough demand, maybe a license agreement is possible. In Alizée's position, I would be careful to which firms I would release professional-quality high-resolution images.

You might be interested in reading what professional printers write about Fathead and similar products, here:
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27549

I have never bought such a product, but our local community organizations have bought grommeted-mounting-hole, vinyl-based banners and were pleased with the results.

As a map aficionado from decades back (before electronic graphics which could pan and zoom in real-time made paper obsolete to me) I would use a sheet-metal strip at the top and bottom edges of paper wall maps, which were attached with the premium springy metal paper U-clamps you get at office stores. I would hang one of the two flip-arms of two or three of the top-edge clamps on the wall with driven nails, while the weight of the bottom strip kept the map taut. This is a CHEAPER method than using a supposedly non-damaging "Stick-It"-like rear wall adhesive, which may not even work on all surfaces.

So if one decides against using wall adhesive, one can use any of innumerable online vinyl sign-makers instead. I have not bid prices lately, but offhand I doubt you need pay more than $2 to $3 per square foot. Vinyl is nice, because unlike (cheaper) paper, it is not damaged if it gets wet. But again the problem is TRUST. When you license the use of your image, how do you know the bastards are paying you any agreed pro-rated fees? This makes it far more likely you want to grant an unlimited quantity license, for which the printer is not willing to pay unless a large number of sales are very certain.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 06-23-2010 at 07:35 PM..
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

That fathead custom poster link you posted was awesome, Doc. A bit pricey but seems worth it if you have the money.

@ scallaway - you can probably also get a regular poster off of ebay as well if you're on a budget.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

This is always an option. Its cheap till you have to buy ink.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 06-23-2010, 10:03 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
This is always an option. Its cheap till you have to buy ink.

Now I've seen it all.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:08 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
well, you can always get a custom (yet most likely smaller) one from kinkos or something...

and also there's a pretty nice poster that comes with the deluxe edition of Psychédélices
i have that one. it's in-between my two gigantic Finntroll banners.