Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-29-2008, 11:07 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
its hard to say, im sure there are a lot of reasons, but honestly the main reason has to be the music.
I agree. I'm one of those fans that didn't buy the third album - the songs I heard just didn't do anything for me. I'm sure part of that has more to do with ME than it does with the album, so I'm hesitant to say much more than that. Still, it felt a little...uninspired, I guess. Maybe that's due to too many songwriters/producers, and thus a lack of unified creative vision (as another poster already commented).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
So much of the music I hear on the radio is just boring. I'm tired of it.
My advice would be to look for music in places other than the (mainstream?) radio.

Last edited by Ben; 12-30-2008 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: Merged
Old 12-31-2008, 04:32 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
I agree. I'm one of those fans that didn't buy the third album - the songs I heard just didn't do anything for me. I'm sure part of that has more to do with ME than it does with the album, so I'm hesitant to say much more than that. Still, it felt a little...uninspired, I guess. Maybe that's due to too many songwriters/producers, and thus a lack of unified creative vision (as another poster already commented).

My advice would be to look for music in places other than the (mainstream?) radio.
I still don't personally feel that unified vision has anything to do with it. I like her album, but most people apparently just didn't give it enough of a chance or didn't care for it. Not all composers can be great. It's as simple as that. If I was not a fan and had only listened a couple times to her singles and maybe once to one or two other songs, I'd probably kinda like FS, but not bother with the rest. Stuff that I have bought in the past (and I don't really buy much music) often was stuff that I bought only after hearing it on the radio many times and came to like the whole album once I did get around to buying it and listening to it several times.

Of course big stars get more play just because they are popular and so people get more opportunity to decide they like a song. We wish that would have been the case with Alizée. Though of course her name did carry some weight for a while. So, stardom quickly builds and quickly falls. One can not screw around and take things easy in this business I guess. I think we've seen how it is. Both artistic and business talent in abundance are required to hit it big and stay there. Whatever happened to Anna Nalick? She had one song on the radio which I really liked from the first time I heard it. She did concerts and was a good entertainer in concert (saw her once with Rob Thomas). But I didn't much care for the rest of her songs on the unfortunatly named "Wreck of the Day" and I have no idea what's happened to her since. There's just too much distraction and stuff going on in the world to pay attention to every thing like that which comes along. That's part of what frustrated people so much the whole time with Alizée's promotion. Every time we saw an opportunity not get fully taken advantage of, we knew what it loss it was to miss and cringed at the inevitable "hit" it was causing to her chances. But maybe she'll just continue releasing stuff every now and then regardless. That won't make things like in the old days for her, but who knows. I don't know how this business works. If she has a hit song come around, maybe people will take notice and promote it regardless of past history.

Yeah, I don't really listen to music on the radio much anymore. I listen to talk programs and some music I already know about, like Alizée of course.

Merci Fanny