Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-24-2019, 10:05 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
It doesn't seem likely that Greg would sell his studio. It's odd there's nothing in the news about this. Studio de danse Lyonnet Ajaccio hasn't changed its Facebook page. It even has updated posts from yesterday at 4:00 a.m. So, what's the deal?
I'd say its either an error (computer or human) or its a joke.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:10 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I'd say its either an error (computer or human) or its a joke.
I'm thinking it's a prank. It disturbs me that it might be malicious. I don't like that someone might do something spiteful to Greg and Alizee.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Speaking of things that make you go hmmmmmmm! I wanted to see how far the dance studio was from this theater, so I went to Google Earth and searched for Palatinu and put a marker on it's location, then I did a search for "dance studio". Well Google Earth showed a dance studio right where I knew it would be, but it called it the "Studio de danse Mylene Farmer & Laurent Boutonnat" and the address for it was the address for the A&G dance studio. How could Google Earth make such a mistake...........or is it a mistake??????
I tried the search on Google Earth and I get the same. However, when I click on the globe icon, it goes to facebook and opens the page "Studio de danse Lyonnet Ajaccio." I like to think this is just an error on Google's part, but it is a coincidence beyond belief that Mylene and Laurent's name got tied to A&G's dance studio.

I'm just throwing this out there to see if it would stick... the legal entity for the dance studio is "Studio de danse Mylene Farmer & Laurent Boutonnat" but the marketing name is "Studio de danse Lyonnet Ajaccio." In other words, MF/LB own the studio and A&G lease it under their own business name. I think this makes sense.

Does this indicate that Alizee and Greg did not have the net worth to outright buy the studio on their own? Maybe they got a better deal with Mylene than going through the bank? Maybe the banks would not loan Alizee and Greg money for what they consider a high risk start-up (or credit might not be good enough)?

The leasing of the studio can be a good strategy as well because it reduces their exposure in case the studio failed. They wouldn't have a building to make payments on and possibly go into bankruptcy.

If this is actually the case, then it makes better sense why A&G were chosen to work with Julia for her SEXTO video. Mylene might use the studio as well to train her dancers for the tours.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:12 PM

bebert057 is on a distinguished road

a story of Annily taken over by Alizée
Old 06-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

It makes sense that they would be leasing the studio. Many businesses—even large ones—lease their facilities. Perhaps MF is an investor/silent partner, and owns the building. Considering their past professional relationship, that would not surprise me. It would make sense that she might provide investment support by allowing them use of the building for either a reasonable rent or for some type of percentage of the revenue from the business.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:29 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I posted a question on Studio de danse Lyonnet Ajaccio FaceBook: Why does Google Maps show your studio name as Studio de danse Mylène Farmer & Laurent Boutonat? I don't expect to receive a response.

For the sake of business, naming the studio after Greg and Alizee is the best idea. They are local stars that are frequently seen on the street. Naming the studio after someone else doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Shepherd; 06-25-2019 at 03:36 PM..
Old 06-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
It makes sense that they would be leasing the studio. Many businesses—even large ones—lease their facilities. Perhaps MF is an investor/silent partner, and owns the building. Considering their past professional relationship, that would not surprise me. It would make sense that she might provide investment support by allowing them use of the building for either a reasonable rent or for some type of percentage of the revenue from the business.
Unless MF and LB have some costly bad habits, it goes without saying that they are probably both loaded. Tangible assets like real estate is a good investment to add to their portfolio. If this is actually the case, Mylene buying a building in Ajaccio is a huge favor to Alizee. She could have picked anywhere else in France to buy real estate. Mylene did take the lion's share of the profits of Alizee's early success. I'm hoping whatever arrangement they have with the dance studio gives A&G a chance to live a comfortable life.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I posted a question on Studio de danse Lyonnet Ajaccio FaceBook: Why does Google Maps show your studio name as Studio de danse Mylène Farmer & Laurent Boutonat? I don't expect to receive a response.
Thanks for doing that anyway. Like you, I wouldn't expect them to answer - it may be complicated

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-25-2019 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-25-2019, 08:09 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Come on... are people here really serious about this "Farmer/Boudennat school of dance" thing?

Its an error or its a prank.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Unless MF and LB have some costly bad habits, it goes without saying that they are probably both loaded. Tangible assets like real estate is a good investment to add to their portfolio. If this is actually the case, Mylene buying a building in Ajaccio is a huge favor to Alizee.
Awhile back, I came across an article that said something about Farmer and Boudennat forming a joint corporation to manage their real estate holdings.

It would be a huge favor, yes--- that is why its unlikely. A small favor yes, a huge favor no.

Edit:

Is property ownership public record in Corsica? I'd be curious who owns the building-- but I doubt it is MFLB. Its probably some local businessman.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 06-25-2019 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-25-2019, 09:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well there is another business on the first floor so I think more than likely their place is leased.

I'm thinking this is just a prank, but it makes me wonder how Google Earth gets its information on businesses like this.

I did a search on Google of 'dance studios Ajaccio' and seeing how Google Earth is a part of Google, it's no surprise that it came back "Studio de danse Mylène Farmer & Laurent Boutonnat".

But I did a search on a few more search engines, including a couple based outside the U.S.A. such as Qwant and Yandex got the same results every time, "Studio de danse de Grégoire et Alizée Lyonnet". So I have to think someone duped Google into changing the name to MF/LB. Question is, how do we correct it or get this info to those who matter so they can change it. Shepherd's message to the studio might do the trick.

I was amused to see that on a few of these sites, I saw reference to my visit to the studio or some other mention of this forum.

Now I know Google stores info on me and those hits may be related to what I search for but I'm not sure if these other sites have access to that info too.

Attachment 2712

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebert057 View Post

a story of Annily taken over by Alizée
Great picture! Any idea when it was taken? It seems the little comment is in reference to the dark circle under her left eye?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-03-2021 at 06:18 PM..
Old 06-26-2019, 05:28 AM

bebert057 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well there is another business on the first floor so I think more than likely their place is leased.

I'm thinking this is just a prank, but it makes me wonder how Google Earth gets its information on businesses like this.

I did a search on Google of 'dance studios Ajaccio' and seeing how Google Earth is a part of Google, it's no surprise that it came back "Studio de danse Mylène Farmer & Laurent Boutonnat".

But I did a search on a few more search engines, including a couple based outside the U.S.A. such as Qwant and Yandex got the same results every time, "Studio de danse de Grégoire et Alizée Lyonnet". So I have to think someone duped Google into changing the name to MF/LB. Question is, how do we correct it or get this info to those who matter so they can change it. Shepherd's message to the studio might do the trick.

I was amused to see that on a few of these sites, I saw reference to my visit to the studio or some other mention of this forum.

Now I know Google stores info on me and those hits may be related to what I search for but I'm not sure if these other sites have access to that info too.

Attachment 2712

Edit:

Great picture! Any idea when it was taken? It seems the little comment is in reference to the dark circle under her left eye?
Alizee shared it on Monday, June 24th so I think it was during the week-end maybe on Sunday because on Saturday there was the dance show