Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-11-2019, 11:36 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelleValetta View Post
Hi guys. I hope you are having a nice week...

I was thinking of ways to make the forum more active and make this small community more united (this will be one of the first threads I will create). So, unlike the Introduce Yourself thread, you have to answer the question made by the previous user.
"Cheese and Rice on a Tricycle". Maybe it's just me, but this one was turning into a "formatting birds nest".

So, I'm just going to simplify the format of my answer a wee bit, and remove some of the quotes. No disrespect to anyone involved. You know I respect you all immensely.

Alrighty then..

Let's start with... What is your favorite young adult novel?
"The Hobbit".

If you could have anything what would it be ?
The power to bring peace and harmony to this planet. I've been in waay too many wars.

Next question: favorite soccer team?
I hate Soccer with a passion. I think I must be the only Scot in the whole of Scotland not to like it. I'm surprised I wasn't "lynched", "banished", or, "excommunicated" or something.

If Alizée would visit you to sing just one of her songs, which song would you request?
It would have to be "Moi... Lolita". It was my "first", <blush>, and is still one of my favourites.

Is there any new (or upcoming) musical release that you're interested in?
Alan Walker, "Different World".

What are you afraid of?
Failure, Snakes, and Alizée's ' "Mother" from the "Moi... Lolita" video.

Favorite movie from last year?
None of them.

Your favourite movie/movies of all time.
Favourite movies "of all time", hmm. I have a huge list that I will refine down to: "Waterloo"; "Gettysburg", "Kagemusha", "Rurouni Kenshin: Origins", and its sequels, "Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno", and, "Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends".

Whats your current goal?
I will let you know when I figure it out.

Favourite tv show?
SciFi: It's a "toss up" between "Star Trek: Deep Space 9" and "Babylon 5".
Drama: Another "toss up", this time between "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" and "Iris", both of which are Korean. I watch a lot of Asian tv.

How many slices of pizza can you eat a day?
I can eat Pizza all day, just as long as it hasn't got "Olives", "Anchovies" or "Fetid cheese", oops no sorry "Feta Cheese" on it. I'm 6' 3 inches tall, weigh around about 230lbs, (have been/done since around the age of 22), with a fairly fast metabolism, so Pizza just "burns off" quickly.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop ?

With me, NONE. They are just too damn sweet, like most of all American candy. European candy 'all the way".

If you could direct an official music video for any Alizée song (that doesn't already have one) which would it be?
It would undoubtedly be an English version of "Moi... Lolita".

Now, a couple of questions from me, as appropriate.

In the series "Doctor Who", who was the best "Doctor"?
It has to be David Tennant. A very talented Scots actor, from near my home town and just generally a very cool guy.

"Dancing with the Stars" or "Danse avec les stars". Which is the better series, in terms of entertainment value and talent?
Well, I hate them both, and in this case will admit to being a total "philistine". Don't care if Alizée was performing "au naturel", I still couldn't watch it. Would rather slam my fingers in the truck door repeatedly.
If you want the lawn mowed on a 110 degree day, then put either of them on the tv.
If you want a whole weeks worth of ironing done. and put away, utterly neatly folded, again, just put either that on the tv.

Yeps, there is another <story> there, and will elaborate if asked.

Later, y'all be safe, take care.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
"Cheese and Rice on a Tricycle". Maybe it's just me, but this one was turning into a "formatting birds nest".

So, I'm just going to simplify the format of my answer a wee bit, and remove some of the quotes. No disrespect to anyone involved. You know I respect you all immensely.
Thanks, RedRafe. I'm relieved to see I am not the only one was getting format confusion. I'll take my turn now, and I hope you don't mind if I copy your formatting. I think we are changing the rules a bit here, but hey, that's the way the world works these days!

What is your favorite young adult novel?

It is not on the list from MelleValetta, but I think the Harry Potter series qualifies as Young Adult. So, I'd say that. For a big grown up adult novel, my all time favorite novel is "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis.

If you could have anything what would it be ?

A fantasy thing: a cure for cancer, ALS and Altzheimer's Disease.
A more realistic, personal thing: A beach house on Dauphin Island, Alabama

Next question: favorite soccer team?

Arsenal, since my teens. But we Yanks need a follow up question:
Favorite American Football team: The Patriots, of course

If Alizée would visit you to sing just one of her songs, which song would you request?

Oh, I would love to hear her sing "Amelie."

Is there any new (or upcoming) musical release that you're interested in?

Nope.

What are you afraid of?

I find ALS the most terrifying thing I can think of

Favorite movie from last year?

I don't usually see movies till they have been out awhile. No idea what was released last year...

Your favourite movie/movies of all time

"Gone With the Wind," "All About Eve," "Frequency" and the 1952 version of "Moulin Rouge"

Your current goal?

Get more physically fit

Favourite tv show?

"Downton Abbey"

How many slices of pizza can you eat a day?

One, if I must

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop

I like the red ones and I eat it quickly. Don't tell my dentist.

If you could direct an official music video for any Alizée song (that doesn't already have one) which would it be?

I'm afraid I don't know which songs for sure she does not have music videos for. So, I'd have to say I'd like a shot a making a new video for "A Cause de L’autumn."

In the series "Doctor Who", who was the best "Doctor"?

John Pertwee

"Dancing with the Stars" or "Danse avec les stars"Which is the better series, in terms of entertainment value and talent?

I have only seen a little bit of both. So, other than liking Alizée's terrific performance, I have to pass on this.

And now here is my question:

Besides Alizée, who are the singers/actresses/celebrities (past or present) that you consider both exceptionally beautiful and truly talented?