Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-05-2012, 03:29 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
That's nice. We need more exposure from French artists here in the US. French actor Jean Dujardin of "The Artist" has been making a name for himself here as well. I saw him on several tv shows promoting his film. Hopefuly, this will lead to more people checking out other French artists, including of course, Alizee!

I like the idea...
Old 02-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

So what did everyone else think of the show? I loved it
Old 02-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
Hands down the best halftime show choreography-wise. The opening to it was simply epic!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Hands down the best halftime show choreography-wise. The opening to it was simply epic!!!
It was the best halftime show since Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction!.... and before that there hasn't been a good one since Michael Jackson's performance where he disappeared from the stage and reappeared in the stands... that was cool.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
I loved it!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:24 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
Interesting that Alizee would say something like that about Lady Gaga. I personally like a few of her songs, but what's so bad about her? She dresses unusual. Yeah, so? And you don't really know what she's like as a person. She can legitimately sing, plays piano, and she's a pretty refreshing taste to the pop genre. I don't see what would make someone dislike an artist because of who they are.

And she's weird?
We're all fucking weird.
1. I'm not hugely into pop. Alizée is my first pop artist, and that list will probably not get much larger. Her (Lady Gaga's) music is just eh; nothing that I'd willingly listen to.

2. She may be able to sing and play the piano, but that doesn't mean I like her voice. There are a lot of artists that have the ability to sing very well, I just don't like them.

3. Her appearance is very off-putting to me personally. I don't care for women who whore themselves onstage to try to get a reaction. It's all for shock value with her and frankly I don't like that kind of thing. And "unusual" would be an understatement in my book.

4. Yes, we are all weird in our own way. But you don't see me dancing around on stage in a freaking meat suit. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a little more conservative than that.

5. I just don't like her. Don't take it personally, but there's something about her I just do not like.

Anyways...

The half-time show? From what I saw of it, it was okay. Better than the BEP, but honestly I see the half-time show as a waste of time. I usually just go in the other room and do other things until the game is back on.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 AM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
1. I'm not hugely into pop. Alizée is my first pop artist, and that list will probably not get much larger. Her (Lady Gaga's) music is just eh; nothing that I'd willingly listen to.

2. She may be able to sing and play the piano, but that doesn't mean I like her voice. There are a lot of artists that have the ability to sing very well, I just don't like them.

3. Her appearance is very off-putting to me personally. I don't care for women who whore themselves onstage to try to get a reaction. It's all for shock value with her and frankly I don't like that kind of thing. And "unusual" would be an understatement in my book.

4. Yes, we are all weird in our own way. But you don't see me dancing around on stage in a freaking meat suit. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a little more conservative than that.

5. I just don't like her. Don't take it personally, but there's something about her I just do not like.
Understood somewhat. I do think that she trys too hard to be "different". I don't think she's necessarily whoring herself out. To be fair, Alizee did Jeam in a pretty sexy outfit, that being when she was only 18. I'm not saying Alizee was whoring out, but what I am saying is that as a stage performer, being female, I guess there aren't too many boundaries that don't cross. She got the eye of the public. They are performers, so. Yeah, she's over the top, but I still think she's vastly more talented and genuine than many of the other pop smucks in today's generation, that being Lady Gaga.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
Understood somewhat. I do think that she trys too hard to be "different". I don't think she's necessarily whoring herself out. To be fair, Alizee did Jeam in a pretty sexy outfit, that being when she was only 18. I'm not saying Alizee was whoring out, but what I am saying is that as a stage performer, being female, I guess there aren't too many boundaries that don't cross. She got the eye of the public. They are performers, so. Yeah, she's over the top, but I still think she's vastly more talented and genuine than many of the other pop smucks in today's generation, that being Lady Gaga.
I agree. Although I'd say while Alizée was sexy, Lady Gaga tends to be more vulgar in her "sexiness". Compare the two and Alizée was dressed like an Amish woman on a Sunday in church.

But yes, most singers today seem too preoccupied in the "sexy" look, that a lot of the times, they neglect to develop their actual talent. Which is one of the reasons I enjoy classic rock. Most bands look like crap, and instead focus on their music.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Madonna's latest single "Girl Gone Wild" was just released yesterday...