Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know how to get a stray cat to go away and stop hanging around your house? I fed a stray a few days ago and ever since, he's been sitting on my porch, scratching at the door and crying to get inside all day long, every day. Even at night.

Do I just ignore him or should I go out there and spray him with water or something? I don't want to do that but frankly I don't need or want another cat.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I don't think you can do anything that wouldn't affect your cat as well. You'll just have to tell it no.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Does anyone know how to get a stray cat to go away and stop hanging around your house? I fed a stray a few days ago and ever since, he's been sitting on my porch, scratching at the door and crying to get inside all day long, every day. Even at night.

Do I just ignore him or should I go out there and spray him with water or something? I don't want to do that but frankly I don't need or want another cat.
Find someone who wants him maybe? Theres people who take in stray cats ... search the phonebook and the "interwebs"

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Feeding him was a big mistake, but you already know that.

The water trick may work. He won't like it but it won't harm him. Right now he associates your place with food. If he learns to associate your place with discomfort, he might leave. You might have to do it more than once. (Poor little kitty cat. )
Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Honestly, look for rescue shelters near you. They can come out and pick him up for you, or you could drive him there. They can clean him, vaccinate him, and find him a home.

The water trick would work, but you don't want to make him feel unsafe to be around humans.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post

I've used this album to drive away mice and other pests it will probably work on cats . Best if your cat is an outdoor cat as Jalen said it may scare your cat too . It has to be REALLY loud which may not be an option if you don't have a boomin' system or have neighbors .

Like Lefty said you have to associate something else with food . Loud music or noise will work and since you're behind a door wont associate that with people so it gets fearful .

You could ween him away and off by amount by placing the bowl farther and farther and putting less and less in til a week later its a mile away and he is just licking an empty bowl . He will then get the idea . I would just feed him and train him to do whatever you wanted . If it is female best to get it fixed or your gonna have more . Begging cats like that can be pregnant too as they are desperate for food .

Please don't spray it with water , that may make it fear people if it is indeed stray .

Already got a cat and i know you don't want another but it must be somewhat friendly or you wouldn't have fed it ? I think it came there for a reason and you should keep it .

It's possible you could find the owner if it has one or as FRA suggested search online find it a new home . Try to find a no kill shelter . Are you sure it is feral ? Usually they are scaredy cats afraid of people if wild .

To steal a Dog Whisperer quote and change it
You don't always get the cat you want but you do get the cat you need .
Old 08-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone

The cat is very friendly and sweet. He's also very well-groomed, which made me think at first that he already had a home, but if that's the case I think it's strange that he's spending all his time here. My cat goes to other people's houses too, but she always returns every day.

I called a no-kill shelter about half an hour away from my house. I'm going to try ignoring the cat and not feeding or acknowledging him for a day more or so on the off-chance that he does have a home and decides to go back, but if he still sticks around I'm just going to drive him there. He's a beautiful dark-brown tabby with a sweet temperament, so he's bound to be adopted soon.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

How do you iron out the wrinkles of "No Iron, Wrinkle Free" dress pants?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Re-wash them or use steam.

Though I can't guarantee those methods because I haven't used either of them myself. Godspeed.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
How do you iron out the wrinkles of "No Iron, Wrinkle Free" dress pants?
Big heavy books, gravity, and time to let the magic work