Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2017, 03:49 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Rev
I agree with a lot of what you said. Greg has done quite well in his career as a dancer and choreographer. He was good enough to be invited to DAL and good enough to choreograph Alizee into a win. If you were to survey the French people to name famous French dancers, Greg and Alizee would be somewhere near the top of that list. Is she a professional dancer? YES, she is. She is paid to dance, that’s how she makes her living, that makes her a professional dancer, but it doesn’t make her great. A lot of people who have no interest in Alizee’s dancing would still buy tickets to see her. I’m one of them. I wouldn’t pay to see the dance, however. I would pay to see HER even if what she was doing was dancing. The only reason Alizee is a famous dancer is because she is famous, and she became famous as a singer.

It’s extremely difficult to make a living dancing. There are huge numbers of people who are far superior to Alizee who will never be able to support themselves by dancing. I doubt that any of the kids in the Brian Friedman video made a cent on that, and yet all of them that were highlighted in the video are better dancers than Alizee. They might earn a little here and little there, but almost none of them will ever support themselves dancing unless they open a dance school.

Do I love Alizee any less because she is a mediocre dancer? No, I adore Alizee, but I’m disappointed that she is wasting her time. I realize my opinion on this issue is not relevant. If Alizee enjoys what she is doing then she is living a successful life. God bless her. What I want is what I want, and what I want should not dictate how she lives her life. But that does not change what I want.

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-24-2017 at 04:02 AM..