Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Real nice scan, but like song once said (sing along here) "THERE'S NOTHIN' LIKE THE REAL THING..BABY!!"

Sorry, had to put in my smart remark because I got a concert program coming from France.

Last edited by guldebrett; 12-28-2006 at 09:00 PM..
Old 12-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guldebrett View Post
If at least 3 of us attend the concert, notice I say at least 3 and I'm not included in the count, then let's see who the really big Alizee Fans are. At the concert we'll have a little contest to see who wins these items.

1. A really big (nice) Alizee poster (2001 era.)
2. An autographed 8x10 photo with Certificate (2001 era) of Alizee .

That should make things interesting, huh?

But no gouging the eyes out of competetors, ok?
I can not guarantee the safety of competitors' eyes

Last edited by Cooney; 12-28-2006 at 10:37 PM..
Old 12-29-2006, 04:42 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
That's cool, thanks for linking this for the rest of us!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

20 euros is rip off but well... it's nice to have.

You can get those at 10 euros from eBay. But since they are quite rarely sold, you'd need to wait quite some time maybe. So yea, maybe the extra 10 euros isn't that bad.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:44 AM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
20 euros is rip off but well... it's nice to have.

You can get those at 10 euros from eBay. But since they are quite rarely sold, you'd need to wait quite some time maybe. So yea, maybe the extra 10 euros isn't that bad.
That's ok. The first time that I seen an Alizee concert program on eBay.fr (selling for 10 Euros) the seller said he wouldn't sell to anyone outside of France. But having faith in the eternal greed of mankind I wrote to him, sending him to a translation website ( http://www.freetranslation.com ) and offered him 60 Euros and what ever he wanted to charge for shipping for the concert program.

Yes, I paid 95 Euros total for Alizee's concert program and made him a very happy camper in the process. He said that with the help of the translation website he could now communicate with others outside of France and would start selling to the US. Although these types of translation websites aren't perfect they can usually get rudimentary communication across, enough to make a sale.

And the 95 Euros? At the time I was willing to pay up to 500 Euros if I would have had to. Yes, really; I was at that stage where nothing was going to get between me and Alizee's Concert program. When applied to Alizee, I'm sure many of you know exactly what I talking about. I bet you've also spent many a dollar for something that brought you a little closer to Alizee. Although "Mint" quality Alizee concert programs do show up on eBay.fr occasionally it's not an everyday occurrence and it meant something very, very special to me. Since then, I've seen other concert programs pop up from time to time and have recently pruchased another one for 20 Euros + 9 Euros S&H, thanks to CFHollister's link. Or was it Cooney's link. I forget.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, one man's trash is another man's treasure, I'm sure you've heard these old cliché's before but except for a very special photograph I was once given and is now locked in a safe deposit box, this one expensive concert program of Alizee's is my most valuable possession. Maybe one day, if I ever run into her after a concert or during an autograph session (if she ever does them again) I might be able to get her to sign it. Don't we all wish for that? I think so.

Where is it now? It hangs behind glass in a small but nice and cozy French restaurant displayed for all to enjoy. That's where Alizee should be, don't you think.. where all the world can see and appreciate her unique beauty.

*** Edited below for clarification

Alizee's concert program is beautifully displayed in an 11" x 14" glass float-frame that has silver colored trim/edges. It hangs respectfully on a wall in the back of the restaurant that displays and honors various pictures of a number of French singers. Of course, an Alizee poster is the biggest thing on the wall, I made sure of that!

PS
If you want the same float-frame, you can get one too. They come in a couple of sizes in Black, Silver or Gold trim from "Michaels," the giant home craft store. $10.00 for the 11x14. Believe me they make photos or concert programs look very beautiful! I didn't believe the saleslady telling me how beautiful they would make the concert program look until I saw it hanging on the wall. Wow! Both Alizee (silver) and Jenifer (black) concert programs look Beau-Ti-Ful! Please note that they can be hung from a wall or displayed on a desk.

Last edited by guldebrett; 12-30-2006 at 07:29 AM..
Old 12-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I know exactly what you're talking about re: Alizée stuff. If you want it, you just buy it. Period.

I haven't bothered adding it all up, but I daresay my current Alizée collection is flying over $2000, easily. I lose track while doing currency conversions :-P It might be higher, but I'd have to consult my bank statements to figure it all out. It doesn't really concern me right now, so long as I've got enough to pay the bills, my other money goes to her. I'm in the process of picking of some extra insurance on my apartment, not for the computers or books, but for my music and collectibles :-P

I'm currently mulling over how to go about getting one of the official Alizée En Concert lighters sent to me. The damn things are illegal to send in regular mail, and if discovered, the whole package will be torn apart to get to it. They can't be taken as carry-on, and they can't be put in checked baggage either, so I wouldn't easily be able to bring one back with me if I go to France, either. I'll figure something out... ::grins::
Old 12-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Yea, of course each case is always unique.

It's great that people are willing to pay for her stuff. They really wants to have them. I have paid some ridiculous sums for certain items, too. Much more than I could really afford.

But why this case is rip off ? Well, because the seller knows that it's not worth that really. But the seller doesn't care since he is just trying to make money. He buys at low price and sells high price. Guldebrett's case was totally different. The seller didn't need the programme and decided to sell it to another fan. Guldebrett ended up paying huge sum for it but it was really his own choice and decision, he set the price.

But yea, like said, each case is unique. I can't afford to pay huge sums for anything, no matter how much I want. I usually just end up waiting to find the one I want at reasonable price. Like I waited the ACC VHS over two years to pop up. I could have any time to bought it from couple stores around the net but I hate those stores so I don't touch them... so, I rather waited until another fan sold it. It's much more bigger pleasure for me then.