Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-09-2007, 11:10 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road
Default blast Alizee in your car!!

the next time you listen to Alizee driving down the road, turn the volume up full blast! turn the treble up. turn the bass up to max, and ride! it works really well after you just got off a 12 hour shift at work and you're stressing out. And especially if neoteny's drunk ass is in the passenger seat trying to sing (and dance) along to the songs. Songs that work well in full blast: Moi...Lolita of course, ACC, Youpidou, Youpidoo in english, Hey! Amigo, JEAM, Toc de mac, Amelie m'a dit, L'alize, Gourmandises espeically, and JPVA. Try it! if you havent already...
Old 01-09-2007, 11:12 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Yep. Works great. J.G.B. is cool too!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Like many of you, I'm sure, I made a beautiful custom CD with many of Alizee's and Jenifer's beautiful songs. The CD begins with Alizee's soft romantic voice singing to me (us) as only she can. The latter half of the CD concludes with Jenifer singing some of her warm soft melodies.

As you already know, Alizee and Jenifer are so relaxing to listen to. As I listen to the two good friends singing angelically I wind up the evening by slowly sipping my hot Starbucks ToffeeNut Latte while taking a midnight drive around the beautiful city with all its shimmering lights. With darkness abound and no one out there but me and the two voices calling down from the heavens, ahhh... the end of a perfect evening. The only thing that could make it better is if snow were on the ground. And guess what? It's supposed to snow tonight, how nice. So, Alizee, Jenifer, Natasha, and Starbucks here I come... again. Thank you girls for everything you do for me.

Last edited by guldebrett; 01-09-2007 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: Fixed spelling for Natasha
Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Car cannot offer good enough acoustic for her and quality of car speakers cannot compete with hifi speakers. And "blasting" in general is pretty pointless because it distorts the sound. Which especially is bad when talking about songs with beautiful voice. So nope, I don't do that. Her voice must be sound perfect at all times.

So, whenever in car, I use earplugs and media player ( liliPod nowadays ).

Last edited by RMJ; 01-09-2007 at 11:57 AM..
Old 01-09-2007, 12:03 PM
no use for a title

thats fine RMJ. quality of the car speakers? what year is your car? i have a 2001 impala with 8 speakers, thats right, 8 speakers, and the quality is top notch. nothing distorded about it. i dont think its pointless, cuz hey, it's Alizee

and my actual point was to listen to her in the car. i agree that its not very acoustical, but if you want good acoustics, listen to her in a big huge opera house
Old 01-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned

I don't have car. I was talking about all the cars.

And no, I don't believe even your top notch car speakers can offer even half decent quality. At the best, maybe something compared to "computer speakers". Especially since car's acoustic is shit. Car is not meant for place to play music. It has too much blocks, bad walls, lots of resonating, and so on... it's awful for acoustics.

And what the 8 speakers helps when the record is only two channel ? It is meant to be listened with two speakers.

You get much more enjoyable experience with pair of decent earplugs.

Last edited by RMJ; 01-09-2007 at 12:14 PM..
Old 01-09-2007, 12:32 PM
no use for a title

here's me ranting and raving:

my point is to blast Alizee in your car, whether you're feeling down and out for some reason, or just had a hard time at work. even if you have a piece of shit 1984 ford pinto with the wheels fallings off and the speakers are about to explode and the engine is about to fall out due to years of mistreatment and dogging at 90 miles per hour down I-95. i dont care if you cant even hear Alizee singing cuz its so distorted and you have a headache for 2 hours after all that distortion, listen to it full blast anyway!! hell, if you have a set of earplugs to maximaze the headache afterwards, go for it. at least you'll have Alizee in your head for the most part. if you have a descent sound system in your car, which RMJ doest even have a damn car, you'll understand what i mean when you turn that baby full blast. and hell, plug those descent earplugs up to it for a potent effect

dispite was RMJ says, the quality is way better than the "computer speakers" that i have " and i can feel that feeling in the back of my neck when i listen to those songs listed above. i still love RMJ , now matter how ferociously opinionated he may seem

Last edited by nurvonic; 01-09-2007 at 12:41 PM..
Old 01-09-2007, 12:53 PM
no use for a title

i sense a long responce from RMJ..lol

Last edited by nurvonic; 01-09-2007 at 01:01 PM..
Old 01-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
if you have a descent sound system in your car,
No such thing exist. It's physically impossible.

Firstly, car does not have room to fit decent speakers in it.

Secondly, the speakers cannot put in optimal angle for the listener.

Thirdly, driver generally sits on left or right side of the car (unless it's some special made car which is very rare) which causes that the speakers are impossible to locate so the sound would be balanced. The other speaker would need to be outside the car, somewhere behind side window...

Fourthly, car cannot have good acoustic

Ninthly, you can keep going listing these things...

Quote:
which RMJ doest even have a damn car, you'll understand what i mean when you turn that baby full blast.
Yes, I understand what you mean. I totally understand what it will sound. And that's why it shouldn't be done.

Quote:
dispite was RMJ says, the quality is way better than the "computer speakers" that i have
I don't know what speakers you have but it was more meant to be like compare to "the best" computer speakers available (like these shit you can get from supermarket with couple hundred bucks. "Home theater" speakers, too, goes into same category.)

Quote:
i still love RMJ , now matter how ferociously opinionated he may seem
I you too but I don't like how you treat her voice !

I just love that voice too much... You should treat it gently. So sweet and wonderful it is.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
i sense a long responce from RMJ..lol
Sorry, I was busy writing answer on another board concerning LCDs... and their pathetic quality.

Last edited by nurvonic; 01-09-2007 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: just a little edit :)