Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-20-2006, 08:29 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
It comes from Je En Ai Marre, which contracts to J'en Ai Marre. Some uses the JEM short for it but JEAM is more common.
There are 4 words indeed. And if you want to keep only 3 of them, that should rather be JAM and not JEM.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617 View Post
I think since te sun rarely sets in Finland RMJ barely sleeps and dedicates all his time to Alizee research, or maybe he is doing a Phd thesis on Alizee! So overall he is as crazy as all of us(I would hate to admit anyone is crazier than me).
I wish the sun would still keep up ! But winter is coming fast and sun is less and less up... When we reach mid winter, it'll be up only 4 to 5 hours a day where I live...

But what comes to that Ph.D... Maybe. After all, there's a guy on AF who made graduate work, for master degree, on Mylène Farmer (and mentions Alizée in it ! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANAKI View Post
Yeah definately the athority on Alizée in this forum thats all he does. I can just imagine it at work hes reading like 20 articles on Alizée when he is supposed to be doing work. After all on his profile it says he is a professional Alizée fan.
Oh no... I don't have work anymore, I quit 3 weeks ago. So, all time is dedicated for Alizée now on. (well, little bit for studying, too...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
There are 4 words indeed. And if you want to keep only 3 of them, that should rather be JAM and not JEM.
Hehe, true. Mistyped it. Never use the shorter form myself.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:23 PM

O Rly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
I wish the sun would still keep up ! But winter is coming fast and sun is less and less up... When we reach mid winter, it'll be up only 4 to 5 hours a day where I live...
How far north in Finland do you live? Where i live, the sun's up for about 6 hours or so at winter. It sets at about 4PM, rises somehere around 10AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Banned

In Oulu, ~100km to south from Polar Circle.

I quickly tried out with software to give the exact time for the length of the shortest day (22nd of December), and it gave result: 3 hours 35 minutes (rises 10:29 and sets 14:04).

Today the sun is (was actually) up 12 hours 27 minutes.

At the summer, the sun is shining practically 2 months straight, without getting dark even at midnight...
Old 09-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Do you have a particular time during the year when all day long it feels like it is early evening?
Old 09-20-2006, 07:35 PM

General Patton is on a distinguished road

Wow I would lose it if the sun was up all the time...
Old 01-05-2007, 04:46 PM

mal is on a distinguished road
Cool worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
basically all of her performances are lip synched, with the exception of the concert .. and a few random performances here and there.

it is really easy to tell when she is singing live ... because you are so use to hearing the studio recording, it is really obvious.

here is a live performance of moi.. lolita (probably the one you discovered)
http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=23

compared to the lip synched version, like the recent one posted
http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=64
As I began to realize that a lot of her performances are lip synched I began to worry that she had no real voice but rather a "studio" voice, tweeked to make her sound great. Ive seen many live concerts and thought "wholly cremoly they sound terrible".

Watching the live version which you link here she sounds great and should dump the lip synching. Especially if its common in Europe. She would stand apart from the fabricated reproductions.

Just my 32 cents.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
Watching the live version which you link here she sounds great and should dump the lip synching. Especially if its common in Europe. She would stand apart from the fabricated reproductions.
It's not her decision to stop lip syncing on TV. She has no power in TV production.

It's common thing to lip sync in TV shows. Very few exceptions exist. And those exceptions are usually the shows that are broadcasted in real time, live.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
As I began to realize that a lot of her performances are lip synched I began to worry that she had no real voice but rather a "studio" voice, tweeked to make her sound great. Ive seen many live concerts and thought "wholly cremoly they sound terrible".

Just my 32 cents.
Except that she doesn't always sound great without the lipsyncing... I tend to think that it's a function of how much dancing she has to do at the same time. For example, in the concert performances of J'en Ai Marre, and in particular J'ai Pas Vingt Ans, she tends to sing flat IMO. Also after any J'ai Pas Vingt Ans performance that has an interview after it, you can tell that Alizée is slightly winded. So for the most part I might agree with you, but as for the more dance heavy perfotrmances, the pre-records tend to sound better. Not that I'm trying to criticize Alizée at all; I just don't think it's quite humanly possible to both sing to the best of her ability and do some of those more involved dance routines at the same time.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:04 PM

sting87 is on a distinguished road
Smile Try singing while walking really fast

Has anyone here tried singing (a proper song with a beautiful melody unlike rap) while walking really fast. Well if you didn't it really gets you tired within seconds. And dancing is a lot harder than walking, which is probably the reason why much of Alizee's songs are lip-synced.