Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
That is great. Just one question. Are radio stations unable to play her songs due to copyright limitations? Is it possible for them to play some fan made remixes/edited versions of songs, say a medley?
He will answer too, but yes I think they can since most are unnofficial and weren't copyrighted...
Old 09-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

so........................ what up with the new single?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

My guess is that there won't be a new single :/
Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Only one single for the whole album? Woooow. I know I should be used to a somewhat lack of activity from Lili but that's a little silly. Ahhh that sounds mean, but.. seriously :C

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 09-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Only one single for the whole album? Woooow. I know I should be used to a somewhat lack of activity from Lili but that's a little silly. Ahhh that sounds mean, but.. seriously :C
I'm beginning to wonder about the truth in the rumors about her possibly leaving her singing career..

Old 09-01-2010, 11:21 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I'm beginning to wonder about the truth in the rumors about her possibly leaving her singing career..
Do not assume that what comes from the text of naysayers constitutes a rumor.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

The only reason she would want to leave would be because she isn't satisfied with no longer being able to fill large venues and sell thousands upon thousands of records. If she capitalizes on her current following, and is more intimate with fans, things would be still cruising right along. I mean jeez, just do some small things and get out there.

But she can only do what she wants to. Each day of stagnancy and inactivity brings her another step closer to a nobody. She really could still do something about it. But personally, I think this is it.

I miss 2008. A lot.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
The only reason she would want to leave would be because she isn't satisfied with no longer being able to fill large venues and sell thousands upon thousands of records. If she capitalizes on her current following, and is more intimate with fans, things would be still cruising right along. I mean jeez, just do some small things and get out there.

But she can only do what she wants to. Each day of stagnancy and inactivity brings her another step closer to a nobody. She really could still do something about it. But personally, I think this is it.

I miss 2008. A lot.
You bring up a lot of good points. Maybe she isn't satisfied with not being able to sell thousands of records and having large concerts, maybe we were all wrong about her just wanting to simply make music that she wants to make.

I don't think that she has to sell the amount of records she did back in the glory days, but seeing as how her popularity has fallen quite a lot, it only makes sense for her to make up for it by being more active about it.

It doesn't mean that she absolutely needs to get "intimate" with her fans, but damn, it's like waiting for rain in the friggen Sahara right now.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...it's like waiting for rain in the friggen Sahara right now.
Beeeeautiful, sir! Could not have said it better.

If she doesn't want to do anything, she should say. Seriously, come on. I wish she would just tell us if this "rain" is coming, and if not, just stop "waiting" for it and go home.

Don't get me wrong, I really do not want bad things to happen, but I wish she wouldn't put us in this same position evvverrry time something does happen.

At least I still have the music. My fandom has become less and less for her, but more for her music (though I've always felt that way towards the music). Maybe I should just thank MF/LB (and Loic Pontieux, I don't care what anyone says, I believe he is responsible for a lot of the awesomeness of the MCE/En Concert stuff). I still listen to most of her songs and just close my eyes and go back to when I was still completely alone with it and didn't know anything about her yet...
Old 09-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It doesn't mean that she absolutely needs to get "intimate" with her fans, but damn, it's like waiting for rain in the friggen Sahara right now.
"Intimate" can mean more than one thing. If she is going to be playing to smaller audiences and dealing with smaller record sales, then that invokes one kind of intimacy: the kind where she performs in a small, intimate setting.

I have felt for a long time that Alizée has a difficult time reconciling her private and public lives. It's legitimate and necessary to wall off a part of her life and keep it out of view from the public. It's not legitimate and unnecessary to reduce contact with fans to near nonexistence. Since she is no longer a pop sensation of the scale she used to be, communicating with fans is crucial. Of all Alizée's assets, her personality has always been the most important in her success, and when that is invisible, she loses half her appeal.

I think the Melle Alizée Bis Facebook page was a nice move in that direction. When it was first created, I went, "Huh?" because she already had a fan page. But I think I understand it now. It was a more intimate venue than her fan page. It allowed fans to say to themselves, "Wow, she accepted me as a friend!" Unfortunately it ran afoul of FB regulations, so it won't be coming back I think. But it shows she has at least some notion that she needs to communicate more.

Communicating more often would be an even better step. It's funny, but in a conversation with someone in France, I once said something like this, and he immediately jumped to the conclusion I was talking about her private life, which tells me that she may think that way as well. I wasn't, though. Her fans don't need to know if she cooks Italian, if Jérémy is having an affair, or if Annily tied the dog's tail hair in bow-knots. But they do need to know what she's up to musically and what they can hope for, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to share what the creative process is like in her art. I've done something like that on my own FB page and she can check it for examples of what I'm talking about.

Above all, what she needs to do is not get discouraged. UEDS was not a commercial success. Acknowledge that, don't hide it. I feel it was an artistic success nonetheless, but sometimes you just don't hit the right tones to appeal to lots of people. There's no shame in it. Just acknowledge it, and maybe try to get a feel for what people want to hear that she would feel right singing. It's always a compromise.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716