Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-01-2010, 03:16 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vil View Post
Wow, she actually dissed her Mylene-era image? That almost sounds...arrogant. (Bear with me!)

I think what most of us don't tend to realize is that, in the music business, EVERYTHING is an image. It's an art. It's entertainment. For her to say her Mylene era image was not her, but a fake: I beg to differ. Sure the taste in clothes may not have been hers, but the dancing and singing was fake? There was nothing fake about her singing or the fact she could dance. People loved this "image" of her.

And where is she now? I suppose enjoying her fame at her level (if this is the goal she set, to still put out music but stay under the radar). But, like her Mylene era image, Psychedelices and now UEDS are also images of her, entertainment.

Why do I say these are "images" of her? Well, because that is how she's projecting herself into the industry. The layers of makeup, the different hairstyles. But the fact is, we don't know anything about the real her, her private life, except what she chooses to say to the public. How do we know the thick makeup was her doing and not at the insistence of her makeup artists for photoshoots/music videos?

I am however, liking her new "mysterious" look. It goes with her aspect of being an older person now. Mylene was her youth, the lolita, the fun girl. Psychedelices--that inbetween moment, her tween stuff, and now a "darker" image. All three images are unique, and whether she says its fake or not, the Mylene image was very much an image of her.

And I get to share Alizee once more with my nerdy gaming friends since they are used to listening to these types of sounds Shameless I know, but I got them into her by posting her videos. Some of them kind of went "wtf?" at her psychedelices performances, but now they're back to "whoa awesome" when I posted Les Collines ;D

This "look" is actually MORE character than before. She has put on an entire character this time - before she mostly just put on costumes.

Although I am not a fan of the heavy makeup (in fact, I was delighted that she seemed to avoid a lot of maekup before) , I am trusting that she is just "in costume." If you look at old photos of Edie you see similar makeup (not quite the same, but close).

This album is different from the previous ones in that, for this one, she has shifted to being 65% singer and 35% performance artist. She is setting a tone in order to take you through a story. Why she picked this particular story is a mystery, however here we are. Just remember that she is putting on a show, and STOP trying to create this "new" Alizée based on it. It's an act! Simply enjoy the show. You already have some sense of who she is, try to avoid clouding it by adding in times when she is "in character."

Sorry if I sound like I am lecturing, however it seems as though there are many here who do not understand what is going on.

Many of the images she is painting of New York are surprisingly real. They really did their homework (a fun side note - I just happened to return from there a few hours ago).

So, my suggestion is simply to enjoy the show, in a year or two it will be over and the next incarnation of Alizée will occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Maybe don't read every thread that comes up then. These sentiments may not have come up so much during the release of her last album, but they were around even before that. I've gone through unbelievable depression myself, yet I'm enjoying Alizée being around. It's the one thing that makes me sometimes feel a level of happiness or satisfaction that nothing else does.

I don't think Alizée is going to become a huge star ever again, but oh well. She's doing well enough to make this nice promotion push and keep us entertained for a little while. Mexicans will most likely get treated to a concert and who knows what else.

(well, I'm getting off of this thread because people have said what they needed to say and I've said what I could)
You could be right Roman, however she is doing a lot of things right (like L.E. each year). Her career seems to be on a slow upward slope. If this album really catches on, then things could shift quickly. If not, then I think she has done enough right that there will be another album. I also think that, based on how she is approaching this album, that she has decided that she really wants to continue as a singer (& performer) and therefore will continue to do what she needs to in order to continue an upward slope to her career.

Last edited by Rev; 04-01-2010 at 03:39 AM..
Old 04-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Its my feeling that there has been far more done "right" with the release of this album, than with Psych... Time will (of course) tell more, but I feel very comfortable with the marketing of this album.

It doesn't hurt at all that I'm enjoying the music quite a bit more with this album than I did w/the last...

cest la vié - what will be...

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 04-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Vil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Its my feeling that there has been far more done "right" with the release of this album, than with Psych... Time will (of course) tell more, but I feel very comfortable with the marketing of this album.

It doesn't hurt at all that I'm enjoying the music quite a bit more with this album than I did w/the last...

cest la vié - what will be...

Ed
I'm feeling the exact same way. This new album is exactly the kind of music I dig. The mysterious techno beats, the weird sounds. This is the doing of David Rubato and the other people she worked with Here's to hoping she does well
Old 04-01-2010, 01:12 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
No he clearly wants to sleep with you.

nah jk... I remember when i went to her concert in Mexico City 2 years ago
i recall meeting some members from this forum
and the concert was fun.

ah btw i do hope too she does another concert (which im sure she will) here in Mexico and hopefully on my city now that we have this huge theater.
Lol guess you didn't read vil's first post in this thread, she is a SHE! But I am 18, and being in a hotel room with a woman ten years older would be FREAKY!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
But I am 18, and being in a hotel room with a woman ten years older would be FREAKY!
Trust me on this: when you're 25 and the woman in question is 35, you'll feel very differently about the idea.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Succinct thread topic evaluation

Alizée 4ever
Old 04-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lol guess you didn't read vil's first post in this thread, she is a SHE! But I am 18, and being in a hotel room with a woman ten years older would be FREAKY!
Lily is 8 years older than you
Old 04-01-2010, 02:35 PM

No, 7! My birthday is close enough after hers (25-10-1991) that I count it as seven! Besides, I obviously have no chance with her anyways, so she could be 20 years older and I wouldn't care! And if I met a 25 year old who was right for me, I would be willing to date her! But 7 years is my limit. And as for a limit of how young a girl I would date, I would go as low as 16. And yes, Alizée helped me set those limits. If I met 16 year old L'Alizé/Gourmandises/Parler Tout Bas Alizée, I would be willing to date her, too! But 15 year old Alizée from Graines De Star/Moi... Lolita would be too young.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, 7! My birthday is close enough after hers (25-10-1991) that I count it as seven! Besides, I obviously have no chance with her anyways, so she could be 20 years older and I wouldn't care! And if I met a 25 year old who was right for me, I would be willing to date her! But 7 years is my limit. And as for a limit of how young a girl I would date, I would go as low as 16. And yes, Alizée helped me set those limits. If I met 16 year old L'Alizé/Gourmandises/Parler Tout Bas Alizée, I would be willing to date her, too! But 15 year old Alizée from Graines De Star/Moi... Lolita would be too young.
haha my birthday is 26-10-1990 ima full yr older than you

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-01-2010, 02:54 PM

Well that just means you are less likely to have a chance with Gourmandises era Alizée when I finish my time machne and go back to meet her before she meets Jérémy! Lol and nice new sig!