Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-05-2020, 12:52 AM

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES is on a distinguished road

I have returned! Wow, time certainly fly’s by. I recount the time all members here rejoiced when the 10th anniversary of Moi Lolita happened! I also can't help but to reminisce the time I first heard this song and how it was a gateway in altering my taste in music and had me develop a great appreciation for French culture. In the summer of 2007 when I first discovered Alizee this one song was so mesmerizing, I couldn’t help but to put this song on repeat every day.
prior before my discovery, at the time I was a hardcore metal head into the thrash scene, and to later come across this song and develop appreciation for this album. I felt at the time no one I knew in the metal scene could genuinely understand how mesmerizing Alizee’s music was for me. This was something I kept to myself, it was like a guilty pleasure that I didn’t feel so guilty about lol.
It was through all this my profound appreciation eventually led me to find Alizee America. I was relieved and happy to know that I wasn't the only American fan that had this level of appreciation. Moi Lolita and the album Gourmandises will always have a special place in my heart. Hope all my friends here are doing well. Happy 4th of July and 20th anniversary of Moi Lolita my friends!!

https://youtu.be/0JVUsu7Sg9k

Last edited by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES; 07-05-2020 at 01:09 AM..
Old 07-05-2020, 06:39 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES View Post
I have returned! Wow, time certainly fly’s by. I recount the time all members here rejoiced when the 10th anniversary of Moi Lolita happened! I also can't help but to reminisce the time I first heard this song and how it was a gateway in altering my taste in music and had me develop a great appreciation for French culture. In the summer of 2007 when I first discovered Alizee this one song was so mesmerizing, I couldn’t help but to put this song on repeat every day.
prior before my discovery, at the time I was a hardcore metal head into the thrash scene, and to later come across this song and develop appreciation for this album. I felt at the time no one I knew in the metal scene could genuinely understand how mesmerizing Alizee’s music was for me. This was something I kept to myself, it was like a guilty pleasure that I didn’t feel so guilty about lol.
It was through all this my profound appreciation eventually led me to find Alizee America. I was relieved and happy to know that I wasn't the only American fan that had this level of appreciation. Moi Lolita and the album Gourmandises will always have a special place in my heart. Hope all my friends here are doing well. Happy 4th of July and 20th anniversary of Moi Lolita my friends!!

https://youtu.be/0JVUsu7Sg9k
Thanks for joining in, we're glad you made your way back for the 20th anniversary, it's certainly been one of celebration! That's interesting how you found a connection with Alizee alongside Metal, quite the contract between the two, Alizee's music seems to have a way of appealing to people of all different musical tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES View Post
This was something I kept to myself, it was like a guilty pleasure that I didn’t feel so guilty about lol.
That is a great way of describing it

Are you gonna stay around on the forum some more or are you simply visiting for the occasion?