Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

I listen to all of her stuff pretty equally but i do skip some of the really slow songs. I listen to every type of music in many languages from around the world but I allways think of Alizée's music as being in a catagory all to its own. Nothing can touch it. For me each language has its own sounds that i like and that nothing in the standerd american music industry can dream of imitating. Thats why music from around the world keeps drawing me in and giving me more artists and songs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

I enjoy and listen to all of her songs and albums. Naturally, some more than others though. I've been a fan for a little over a year now so I've gotten to know all of her albums fairly well. I don't listen to her as much as when I first discovered her and became a fan, but I do listen. There for a bit, I did kinda listen to her constantly. I guess mostly because I was so hungry for her music and to know her songs. Eventually I got to know the songs, satisfied that hunger, and now just listen when I feel like it. What I listen to depends mostly on how I'm feeling/my mood or what I'm doing.

Her most listened album by me is Psychédélices. If for the life of me I had to pick a favorite, I would say that Psychédélices has grown to be my favorite as I've progressed as a fan. I really like the variety that it has. I mostly listen to her music to relax or just chill. Great background music for driving too. I can find songs on any album that I can blast and rock out to, just have on for nice background music, something to chill to, or something that is calming and beautiful.

So, it really depends on the day that determines what I'll be listening to. In my first days as a fan, I didn't listen to much else other than Alizée. Mostly because I just wanted to get to know her music well, and fast. After getting to know her music like I wanted to, I was free to allow myself to wander to other music and artists. While her music may not be my most listened to music some days or some weeks, she is still, and always will be, one of my favorites. Alizée and her music has opened a lot of doors to me musically, culturally, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Am I being a bad boy for this?
Not at all. We've all got different tastes.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Back in the 90's, I was living in Savannah, Georgia working for a company that did contract work for all the airlines at the airport. In 96, after 11 years of marriage, I got divorced. Me and my wife had been in financial trouble for years and had just gotten back out of dept when this happened. Then late in 98, the contract company I was working (7 years) for pulled out of Savannah. I went to work for another contract company doing the same thing.

Well my brother sent me an ad from the Boston area (where I'm origionally from) saying a major airline was hiring up there. Well I applied for it and was offered a position. I was really not sure if I should take it or not. I was in my 40s and didn't have much money in the bank. The cost of living is sky high in Boston. Could I afford a mortagage I wondered? The cost of housing and living was so much cheaper in Georgia and the Savannah area is a very good place to live, but working for a contract outfit can be very unpredictable. The contract for the airline mechanics union in Boston was running out and they were expecting a big raise in 99. Plus the airline had a pension plan. It was a tough decision, but I decided to go back to Boston.

Well when I went up to Boston, the contract negoations dragged on for over a year, then 9/11 came along and changed everything. I was there that morning when one of our planes flew into the WTC. It was surreal to say the least. Well the airlines started hemorraging money after that. So not only did we not get much of a raise, but we also wound up giving 25% of our pay back. So I figured my hopes of being able to afford a house up here just went out the window. Worst part was, I figured if it turned out to be too expensive to buy a house in Boston, I could always transfer to some place like Dallas. But after 9/11, a bunch of people were layed off which meant no one could transfer until those people were recalled.

Then there was a relationship I was in at the same time that went wrong and that's all I'm going to say about that and some others that never panned out. So I was pretty much in a state of depression ever since I moved up here. We have good travel benefits and when I'd take a vacation, I'd plan a trip to some place like the Caribbean and could hardly get packed for it because I just wouldn't be in the mood. The only thing that kept me going is I love my work and I work with a really good group of guys. But outside of work, there was nothing. I have family up here and we all get along great, but come Christmas, all I wanted to do was go to bed Christmas eve and wake up on december 26th. I wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. Just an extra depressing day of the year for me.

But working for the airlines, I travel fairly often and when I fly, I usually like watching music videos. So I was always looking for new material. I was looking one night (just about 4 years ago next month) for the video for Madonna's song "Hung up". I found it on google videos but I didn't really like the video. But I noticed in one of the hits for hung up there was a picture with 3 pretty young women dressed as indians. I clicked on it and found some one had dubbed Madonna's song over a the sound track of some one else's video. I really enjoyed it which gave me the idea of seeing if I could find videos of songs I liked where I didn't like the original video. Well I figured I would start with Madonna. Well one of the hits that was returned was of a beautiful young brunette and it was for the song L'a Isla Bonita.

Well that night changed my life. Her music has brought just an incredible amount of happiness into my life. I'm as happy as I can be even though things in the aviation industry are still on thin ice, and even though I may have to transfer to another city this year, the thought doesn't bother me. The whole world could be falling apart around me and it wouldn't matter. I don't know how I can listen to her music as often as I do and not get tired of it. My family and freinds think I'm in love with her. I don't think so. If I was, I'd be depressed knowing there's no way I could have her. But being in a relationship with her is something that never crosses my mind. The thing I'm in love with is her music and performances. The one thing I really want in my life is to be front row, center stage for one of her concerts.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 PM

mercenaries16 is on a distinguished road

very important in my car the remixes make my woofer feel like nothing else in my house mce lets my harman kardon feels so natural so pure and in the longest night alizee makes my ipod sound like an inspiration this music its part of my soul the day i die my soul will play a contre courant XD
Old 01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

well, I have her music in with Ewa Farna (mostly just music/live videos) and with Selena Gomez (once I get at least one of her albums! ). the three are just the best girls I've ever listened too! Alizée will always be my number one but can't just listen to her.

As for car music, I'm going to be blasting my Folk Metal CDs because they really get my blood pumping and keep me awake, especially once college hits and I'm going to have some late night partying (or if I just so happen to be out doing who knows what )

Old 01-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Natasha St Pier
Alizée's duet with Natasha (who grew up right down the road from me) is one of my favorites. They have such different voices, but when they sing together, it's like heaven. (Ok, the fact that Lilly looks smoking hot with her LillyMullet might have swayed me, or that this was her last performance before she left for years)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5l0u4m1W71g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5l0u4m1W71g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

As far as how important Alizée's music is for me? Well, it's been about 5 months of only her work... I'm just now starting to listen to other stuff again! I'm also a home theater geek and am planning on upgrading my already sweet setup... just to make the En Concert experience better!

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 PM

mercenaries16 is on a distinguished road

I think there are too much home theatr geeks and car sound geeks and everything sound geeks that have tons and tons of watts to hear alizee why dont we make a thread about these geeks like me
Old 01-04-2011, 01:49 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

This is quite a story scruffy. I was a little choked up while reading, waiting to see if Alizée did come through for you. It is only when I started visiting this forum that I realized how much Alizée meant for so many people.

I feel a little strange not listening to her music much (except for UEDS), but her smile and the way she moves through space brings me such joy, it is hard to comprehend where the effect comes from... maybe “un champs magnétique”?

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-04-2011 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Okay, try to bare with me, I'm not very good at telling stories and stuff... I kinda get off track...

Alizee has always been sort of an escape from life for me. When I was 9 years old, my dad got diagnosed with pick's disease which is like 1: 10,000,000 chance, and he shortly died the next year. It was hard for me to accept, and it still is, because I lost him in a very important time of my life, when we were best friends. It has been an ongoing depression, and on top of that, my mom got remarried and my stepdad is an alcoholic, my mom has kicked him out so many times, calling the cops, but I can't figure out for the life of me why she lets him back in. This is still going now, he probly will be home in a couple days from Louisiana, and there will be alot of yelling, and I really, really hate it. All of these problems kindof get stacked ontop of Lili, she takes them away. I go into my room, shut the door, put on my headphones, and all of a sudden, me and Alizee are off in my kindof imagined world. Lili is a way to get away from all of my problems, and It's hard to explain, but maybe you guys know what Im talking about, Ive kindof developed a personality for Lili, like in my head. Like I am friends with her, and I know her personally (although of course i dont) Sometimes I think about leaving home, and going to France, being with her, and all of my problems being gone, but in reality, she is married, has a child, speaks another language, probably wouldn't even give me a look if I were to try to talk to her.... By this point I'm probably going insane, that that's okay because I like my world more.

Last edited by Iwillmeether; 01-04-2011 at 08:16 PM..
Old 01-04-2011, 02:10 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I haven't heard about anyone only listening to UEdS.
I believe it might be an age and language thing. I am French-Canadian and quite older than the typical crowd here (I think) and most of the topics in her earlier albums (at least the first two), although quite well written, do not suit me. JEAM, for example, is quite a nice song, but the lyrics are a little, how to say... juvenile.
If you speak French and you are older, the early lyrics might get a little annoying at times... Even if it does remind me of my younger years, which is good.

I don’t mind watching Alizée perform it live or even watching the video (where she is trapped in a glass cube), but I wouldn’t listen to the song on its own.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-04-2011 at 11:15 AM..