Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 09-08-2010, 02:50 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road
Default AlizéeInspired's Inspiration of the Month: My Artworks

Hello everyone

I LOVE to draw and do all sorts of artwork so I have decided to share with all of you, each month, at least one of my pieces of work that will be inspired by our very own Alizée through her music and/or beauty (hence the title AlizéeInspired's Inspiration of the Month).

In this thread I plan to present you with at least one "Inspiration of the Month" each month. I hope that you will share your thoughts on what I show, possibly give me a few pointers, critique what I've done (constructive criticism) to help me better grow as an artist, possibly suggest pictures for me to do or suggest future artworks, and I encourage you to share your Alizée inspiration's (artwork) as well .

I meant to have this one up on the first of the month but I've been busy with my b-day and all that jazz. While this isn't my best piece of work, I am still pleased with how it turned out. The picture that I looked at to draw this isn't the sharpest picture so I had to make up a lot of the details myself. Anyway, here it is, the first piece of many artworks to come.

(I apologize for the grainy look the picture has. I think it is a combination of the paper and the scanner. I will try to use smoother (higher grade) paper in the future to avoid such a grainy look or just take a picture instead of scanning.)

I will do my best for each piece of work to also post up the "stats" (mediums used, time spent working on it, paper grade, ect.)

Pencil's used: 4h, 2h, H, HB, 2B, 4B, and 6B.
Size: 11 in. x 8.5 in. (27.9 cm x 21.5 cm)
Paper: Not sure on the grade/type as it doesn't quite say on the sketch book. I'd say somewhere between 70lb.(114 gsm) and 90lb.(147 gsm).
Time: Sorry, but I couldn't even give an estimate on time spent on this as I worked on it on different days while not really keeping track of time. Didn't really think of it. But I will do my best to give time spent on those to come .
Fun Fact: The scariest thing happened when I was about half way through the drawing. You see, I was eating come chocolate while drawing. I guess that while eating the chocolate, a little piece had landed on the desk and melted. It was maybe half an hour after I had already eaten the chocolate bar when I must have picked up that melted chocolate with the side of my hand when picking up a pencil. After picking my hand up from shading a part of the sketch, I see this horrible dab of chocolate! I, somewhat panicking, as carefully as I could, removed the melted chocolate. There was still somewhat of a stain of it on the paper though. So, I spent about 10 minutes or so just sitting there erasing that spot. It seemed to have gone away better than I thought as it is barely even noticeable. Can you tell where I got chocolate on this drawing?
Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Nicely done! Bravo...and dare I say...encore!
Old 09-08-2010, 03:10 PM

Kronos is on a distinguished road

Incredible, I usually see alot of flaws in peoples' fan art but that is the best one I've seen so far hoping to see more from you

And nope, can't find any chocolate stain
Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Great job AI! If only you could get her to pose in person for a picture?
By the way, I hope you had a happy birthday.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:38 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

very good job !
Old 09-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

Good job!!!

I'm looking forward to see more from you
Old 09-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Too bad that huge chocolate stain ruins the whole drawing.

Just kidding, it's really good AI, and I couldn't spot the chocolate at all.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:02 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Well done AI. I will also be looking forward to more from you.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

That looks great, AI. I'd like to see you do a drawing of her more recent UEdS look.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:56 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
Incredible, I usually see alot of flaws in peoples' fan art but that is the best one I've seen so far hoping to see more from you
Me being the artist, I guess, I can find plenty of flaws in my work. If you really look close and compare the drawing to the original picture, there are a few differences. Miniscule they may be, but there are differences. I can only hope to one day make a truely perfect piece of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Great job AI! If only you could get her to pose in person for a picture?
By the way, I hope you had a happy birthday.
If I could have her pose for me so I could draw her in person !!! I would be so excited to just meet her but if she could pose for me, then I don't know if I'd be able to do it?! lol. That would be like the best day ever!

As for my birthday, yeah, it was alright. Nothing too big. Had my favorite birthday cake this year though as this one had the phrase "J'ai pas vingt ans" on it as I am 19 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
That looks great, AI. I'd like to see you do a drawing of her more recent UEdS look.
I actually planned on doing one fairly soon. Not sure if it will be the next one or not. I just can't really decide on what UEdS picture of her to draw. I have one in mind though. What recent picture do you think I should try to draw?

Here is the one I was thinking of doing:

Attachment 1058

Last edited by AlizéeInspired; 10-31-2012 at 05:47 PM..