Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 08-08-2009, 02:10 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
OK, that's one vote for the flag-size in version 4. I could go either way, myself. Anyone else have a vote before I start work on the next pass tomorrow?
I like both. Just looking at it I like the larger flags more, but then I get CFH's point about fitting the design in a circle. So I guess it would depend what we're using this for. I'd say go with #4 for now.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I like both. Just looking at it I like the larger flags more, but then I get CFH's point about fitting the design in a circle. So I guess it would depend what we're using this for. I'd say go with #4 for now.
Well, I can actually keep updating both without too much trouble, honestly. It feels like we've got the basic design down now, and it's all going to be fiddly bits from this point on.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't see a practical application for this (*cough*T-shirts!*cough*), but I honestly did start this just because I thought CFH's description was really cool, and I wanted to see if it could work visually. I just love the symbolism of it. The Liberty torch especially is a touch of genius.

Wish I could work a maple leaf in there, too...but enh, you work with whatcha got.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, I can actually keep updating both without too much trouble, honestly. It feels like we've got the basic design down now, and it's all going to be fiddly bits from this point on.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't see a practical application for this (*cough*T-shirts!*cough*), but I honestly did start this just because I thought CFH's description was really cool, and I wanted to see if it could work visually. I just love the symbolism of it. The Liberty torch especially is a touch of genius.

Wish I could work a maple leaf in there, too...but enh, you work with whatcha got.
Hey you know, you're a smart-aleck, you can screw one in the block somehow.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well the way I see it, you have a couple of options:
1) You can do another variation with a Canadian flag instead of the USA one.

2) You can turn the balls on top of the flagpoles you don't like that much in small black maple leaves (or maybe even read ones outlined in black).

There's also a very much more complicated tack you can take, but you might take that on as a separate project after you feel you're done with this one...

You can imagine a Mexican eagle, wings outstretched, over all clutching a pair of maple leaves. Also, dolphins (Alizée's favorite) supporting (rather in the positions of the lions in the Queen "crest") and also the traditional title given to the heir apparent to the throne of France (). Anyway just an idea for continuation of this project (but really a separate one)

Last edited by CFHollister; 08-08-2009 at 03:21 AM..
Old 08-08-2009, 05:16 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

On a shirt, you could add a phrase such as "France's gift to America" or similar.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Ruroshen, that design is awesome. Definitely t-shirt worthy material.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:00 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

as a side note if it will go on a shirt make sure the image is at least 1600X1200 bigger is still preferred a smaller image would work fine for a breast pocket cover or such but for a full back more pixels is better

Old 08-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
as a side note if it will go on a shirt make sure the image is at least 1600X1200 bigger is still preferred a smaller image would work fine for a breast pocket cover or such but for a full back more pixels is better
Ah OK, good to know. I've been working almost that big, but not quite--about 1500X1100. Thanks.

Alright, here we go with round 6. So far I've just updated the "super-sized" flags version, but I can do the other one later once we've decided on a few minor things, here.

What I've changed: deepened the red on the French flag to match the US, and moved the "balls" from the top of the masts to the bottom, which I think looks cleaner. Also changed the logo back to being side-by-side, and pumped up the size of "Alizée" a touch (while reducing the size of "America to make room).

I didn't touch the flame at all on this pass, but for your consideration, here's a few different color options for the "A" to help it stand out more:

Let me know what you think works best.

It feels like we're pretty close, here. Thanks again for all your feedback, guys!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 08-09-2009 at 12:33 AM..
Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I really like number 2, with the Red "A"
It just seems proper in the fire, warm colors complement each other, yet the red is dark enough to make it visible.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:33 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

As much as I would like to see an Orange version, let me suggest that you stick with the A being a color already present elsewhere on the design.