Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 09-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Offshoring IT work is VERY easy these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
If I could do that, you won't have to ask anyone else. But uploading videos on youtube is not possible for me with my crappy internet. I can help in any other way except uploading or downloading part. If you think that I can do something else with it, then I would be glad to do that.
Merci Alizée, if Ben gave you access to a PC, you could use his Internet connection to do the uploads. It does not take much of an Internet connection to support a remote desktop client (some FREE), as discussed and compared here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...sktop_software
Old 09-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Merci Alizée, if Ben gave you access to a PC, you could use his Internet connection to do the uploads. It does not take much of an Internet connection to support a remote desktop client (some FREE), as discussed and compared here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...sktop_software
Definitely. I use Teamviewer for this. It is free as long as you use it for non-commercial purpose. It supports features like Remote support, VPN, file transfer etc. Best thing is that you don't have to do much to connect. Application generates an ID and password, give that to the person who will access your system and you are on.

It has proved very useful to me.

(at least there is one person who understands that I'm more comfortable with font size bigger than the normal one used on the forum. )

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 09-15-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Old 09-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Definitely. This is not new to me. I use Teamviewer for this. It is free as long as you use it for non-commercial purpose. It supports features like Remote support, VPN, file transfer etc. Best thing is that you don't have to do much to connect. Application generates an ID and password, give that to the person who will access your system and you are on.

It has proved very useful to me.

(at least there is one person who understands that I'm more comfortable with font size bigger than the normal one used on the forum. )
Wow that seems to be very popular, never heard of it before

I actually use UltraVNC when I get tierd of sitting by my gamer rig, just connect with my laptop and lay my lyzy self down in the confy bed 2 feet away

Got most of my video library sorted out and is currently uploading the best quality videos I can find. I've fixed a few videos considering aspect ratio, sound quality and other glitches. There are many subtitles laying around in various languages but not all are suitable for the file I choose, so in some cases I have to fix subtitles aswell -.-

So... Sorry if things are taking a long time but I want things to be top notch

Give me some feedback on the layout plix plox!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Got most of my video library sorted out and is currently uploading the best quality videos I can find. I've fixed a few videos considering aspect ratio, sound quality and other glitches. There are many subtitles laying around in various languages but not all are suitable for the file I choose, so in some cases I have to fix subtitles as well -.-

So... Sorry if things are taking a long time but I want things to be top notch

Give me some feedback on the layout plix plox!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos
Good work Tomtenp.

Just one small thing. You can choose to syndicate the videos, so that it can be viewed on mobile phones and other devices.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Good work Tomtenp.

Just one small thing. You can choose to syndicate the videos, so that it can be viewed on mobile phones and other devices.
Right!
That stupid setting, why wouldn't you want that lol...
Haven't flipped through all the account menues yet. I'm sure there are plenty of more stupid settings to fix

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Looking great so far Tomtentp, big big thanks! Just let us know if it gets to be too much for you. We could set up that Teamviewer or something with Merci.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Ok all I see in the AlizeeAmericaVideos channel is VERY EARLY Gourmandises stuff....and there are already 6 videos....I feel that we are going to have a lot of videos on there AlizeeAmericaVideos will definitely get a lot of views Nice work guys!!!

This will definitely help put us on the map
Old 10-28-2010, 07:59 PM

Does anyone know when the video uploads will resume? I know it takess quite a bit of work...but I am hungry for some new videos to be uploaded to the account
Old 05-19-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't know if metacafe might be a possibility. I joined it last week but had trouble uploading a video to it for some reason. I wonder if any one else here has used it. The good thing about it is you can upload a file up to 2 gb in size.
Have you/we tried Vimeo yet? They might allow some of them.

And I've been meaning to ask, but who has been heading up this project? Because I REALLY want to help with this project and have probably just as many videos as most of you older members do in the best quality possible. So I was wondering who I should contact to ask if I can help upload, cause uploading to the channel ceased a long time ago and I really want to help the channel flourish so we can get this thing completed

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:23 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

My desktop has been down for a while. I'm not sure when I'll have it up and running again. I believe I already gave Aaron my password for the new account I created on Youtube for this purpose. He can upload videos to this account if he so desires.