Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like Alizée the same now that she has more tattoos?
110% - Yes I like her even more! The tats are an upgrade and she is so hawt! 1 3.13%
100% - No change, I love Alizée the same tattoo's or not; who cares?! 10 31.25%
90% - I may not like all of her tattoo's but they are beautiful expressions of herself! 3 9.38%
80% - Okay, I don't like her tattoos so far, but she can redeem herself!... 0 0%
70% - Well... I tolerated tinkerbell, I tolerated Annily, & I tolerated the ankle, wrists, and shoulder tats ... I can make it through this! 1 3.13%
60% - She's a woman, she's got woman parts... I can handle tattoo's even if I don't like 'em. 0 0%
50% - I'm still hoping all that stuff on her arm is just temporary! Please pleae please be temporary! 2 6.25%
40% - Poop is where I draw the line! 0 0%
30% - Aaaaaand the line I drew has been double crossed!... You are one tattoo away from me not given a poop! 1 3.13%
20% - Noooooooo!!! She was beautiful!... Alizée, what have you done!!!!! 11 34.38%
10% - I have given up on caring about her looks. She can tattoo her face now for all I care. 2 6.25%
0% - Thank goodness she has a good voice, otherwise I wouldn't have any interest in her. 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Yesterday ended my fifth month of even knowing that Alizée existed. Every single day I ponder what has happened to me, how it happened, and what it all means to me, regarding her and my fandom. It's not a struggle, but a constantly evolving experience. This is all something I'd like to write about in the forum sometime. Anyone know if there is already a thread for that?

Regarding the poll and the topic here, and Alizée and her tattoos.... I try to think of her as I would a friend. If a friend talked about getting tattoos I'd say that I wouldn't but that if they wanted to then they should. If they asked my opinion on possible choices, I'd still say don't get any but if they did it would not change my opinion of the person at all. If I thought it would have a bad effect on the friend's future, I'd think that they were free to do whatever they wanted to do, and that they knew more about the future they were seeking, and how they planned to get there than I did.

And I can apply this to many things regarding Alizée and what she does that we know about. No matter how much concern I have for her and her career, I'm just a spectator. Sure, we all have opinions and feelings about everything she does or doesn't do, and there is nothing wrong with expressing them. I've let myself get stressed out about things relating to Alizée in the past (trying to buy ACDA from iTunes.fr, for example) and I decided to try to not let that happen anymore, and it's working for me. Her tattoos don't take away from the positive (yet not understood) changes in my life since discovering her. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll ever pay her back.

Alizée leads the way. I follow or I don't. Stress free. Mostly.

Yeah, I get it. I know it. I'm in the 100% fanboy stage... I'm voting 100% in the poll.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 09-26-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Old 09-26-2012, 10:13 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

One thing that really amazes me is how many different perspectives we have of her career.
Some may think she was considered the most beautiful and sexy girl from the start, but it was not like that at all...
Anyway that it is a matter for a different thread.

I am two or three years older than her, so when she was at the top of her career, she was considered one of the hottest singers by people my age. And there was this feeling of: "she looks natural and innocent, but I could never be with a wonderful girl like her..."
I am older now, and that feeling is long gone, she is a very beautiful woman, but I don't find her more atractive than my girlfriend for example, or being that desirable anymore.
I don't know if she is not as beautiful as before, my tastes changed, or both.

She has all rights to tattoo herself as much as she wants, I just think those tattoos don't make her more pretty. Less pretty? Probably, but certainly they don't make her prettier.

She has also her right to shave her hair if she wants, but it won't make her more attractive. Same with tattoos. (worst, because tattoos will stay)

So do I like her the same? No.
Do I like her less than before because of the tattoos? No.
Do I like her tattoos? No.
Will I be mad if she gets more tattoos? No. Just dissapointed of her poor taste.

I liked her beauty, her music, her dances and her voice.
Now I like her voice.
I can not like her inner beauty since I've never met her
Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac524 View Post
It would be interesting to see how SHE feels about them when she is older - like when she is elderly. Tats are forever. She is a beautiful woman and really does not need them. But whether she has them or not, I like her the same.
She is forever young... haven't you heard?... you have to have heard! It's written on her arm!

The majority of people that get so many tattoo's either don't care about how they will look when they get older, or don't think about it... some of the people don't worry about it because they don't think they'll even live that long anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
One thing that really amazes me is how many different perspectives we have of her career.
Some may think she was considered the most beautiful and sexy girl from the start, but it was not like that at all...
Anyway that it is a matter for a different thread.

I am two or three years older than her, so when she was at the top of her career, she was considered one of the hottest singers by people my age. And there was this feeling of: "she looks natural and innocent, but I could never be with a wonderful girl like her..."
I am older now, and that feeling is long gone, she is a very beautiful woman, but I don't find her more atractive than my girlfriend for example, or being that desirable anymore.
I don't know if she is not as beautiful as before, my tastes changed, or both.

She has all rights to tattoo herself as much as she wants, I just think those tattoos don't make her more pretty. Less pretty? Probably, but certainly they don't make her prettier.

She has also her right to shave her hair if she wants, but it won't make her more attractive. Same with tattoos. (worst, because tattoos will stay)

So do I like her the same? No.
Do I like her less than before because of the tattoos? No.
Do I like her tattoos? No.
Will I be mad if she gets more tattoos? No. Just dissapointed of her poor taste.

I liked her beauty, her music, her dances and her voice.
Now I like her voice.
I can not like her inner beauty since I've never met her
You make a good point... so you agree that she is less pretty... but you still like her the same!... I'm okay with that... at least you are able to acknowledge that you think she appears to be less pretty, even though you don't mind. As for me, I agree people have the right to do what they want to, however other people's actions may change the way I feel about them! I just might see them in a different light... I mean, if you think about it, for instance.. if the President of the United States started cross dressing tomorrow then there will be some people who would never see him the same way again.. conversely, there will be some people that may not be affected and think he can do whatever he wants to do behind closed doors... and then there are some people that may even like him more!....

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 09-26-2012 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-26-2012, 11:25 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
You make a good point... so you agree that she is less pretty... but you still like her the same!... I'm okay with that... at least you are able to acknowledge that you think she appears to be less pretty, even though you don't mind.

Exactly. I am still very interested in everything she does. Even if in the future I don't like her new album that much, it won't be a problem since I still would be able to listen to her previous albums, concerts, etc... Same with her tattoos or her looks.
I take everything she does now as a plus.

I find Ray4AJ previous post interesting and has relation with my earlier comment about our different perspectives of her career. He is a five month fan and it is interesting to read his views.
I think that for fans that are following Alizée since longer it is more difficult to cope with "changes" and accept them, being tattoos, different musical style, not so much dancing, etc...

Many Alizée forums in Spain and Europe don't exist anymore... The people who started AAm and AF don't post anymore... I am saying this because some people can be offended for reading some criticism here about Alizée, but at the end of the day we are in the same boat and posting some critic about her does not mean an attack, it is just a sign that we still care or we are interested and we are all still here.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:56 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
She's a mess. Sorry, but I don't see how cartoon characters could be all that meaningful to her. She is really showing her immaturity with all these ridiculous tattoos. I have to admit, when she first got the Tinkerbell, I lost some respect for her. After a while, it didn't really bother me because your back can be easily covered. The gecko is cute, doesn't bother me. Even the Annily tattoo is okay because it's her daughter and of course she is meaningful to her. The rest though, are ridiculous, and they look like crap in terms of the quality of the tattoos.

I agree with much that you said.

I have much the same opinion about the first 3 tattoos. I even thought the Jeremy tattoo was tolerable (as, again, it was the equivalent expression as the Annily one). However, when Sailor Moon came along she crossed a line.

If she was a friend, and not in show business, I would tell her I do not care much for tattoos, and that she looks less beautiful with them, but it would not affect our friendship.

However, she is in show business. So, when I look at her, I am always influenced by my perception of how the tattoos will impact her career. I believe the tattoos will have a SIGNIFICANT negative impact to her career, and may very well be what prevents her from being successful (according to her definition - not mine). I am simply sad for her.

There are stories of people who end up sabotaging their own success. The story of a female Judge who was arrested for shoplifting is a prime example. When asked why she did it, she commented about the stresses in her occupation. Her subconscious mind found a way out of the stress (although her conscious mind would never have picked that particular method).

I wonder if this exact mechanism is at work in her case?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:17 AM

vermelho grande is on a distinguished road

Spot on Vive, nice one.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:58 AM

foxy is on a distinguished road

tinkerbell, gecko, Annily tatoos are cute.
sailormoon, snowhite, Arale ... (sigh)
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Alizée Cake Bandit!

Nubcake is on a distinguished road

Too many options, but seriously.. more posts about tattoos? Just go to a random tattoo forum and express your thoughts about tattoos over there, you'll at least get a response over there with a bigger audience. Maybe you could belittle everyone and change the way the world thinks about them, after all we care about what you think.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:00 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well the rest of the world could be covered from head to toe with tatoos and for the most part we wouldn't give a hoot. This is not about tatoos in general, it's about tatoos on Alizee and the best place for us to discuss that, is right here.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:29 PM

vermelho grande is on a distinguished road
Default Just a thought.........

Do the Tats indicate Alizee might turn to plastic surgery at a young age??

J'ai tendance à penser qu'il est possible, afin de préparer vous-même Scruff!

Kate Beckinsale, who looks similar to Alizee, could be a glimpse into Lilly's future.

http://wallpaperpassion.com/upload/1...-wallpaper.jpg