Old 11-26-2008, 10:53 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
....drifting-in-the-wind....
Deep, you are a genius. You just gave birth to Alizée's next album name:

Dérive dans le vent

It works on so many levels.

And to throw my two cents into the discussion. There is a big jump between PRODUCING and participating. As a participant your actions and events are planned. You are told what to do, when to do it, and have a very limited scope of all the things that go on around you that really make it happen. When you enter the production realm, all that stuff hits you, and you soon discover how much is really involved.

Participation is often an open and closed affair. Event. Do it. Done. Production is an ONGOING continuous affair, with years-in-advance planning. From an album standpoint, Alizée should have started album two halfway through the production of album one. And as album one was hitting the streets, she would be halfway through with album two and starting production on album three. What often happens is you get so tied up in album one...just the need to get it done....that when it finally gets done you feel a relief. But without anything in the pipeline....you are now three years away from another album.

The fact it does not appear the above production thought process was undertaken suggests she might not wish to energize herself to that level. These types of careers take a lot of effort. Considering her other priorities at the moment, I can understand somewhat as to why she has a slow career.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
until then she owes us nothing
I don't think anybody here is suggesting she "owes" us anything, Jung. Update the website or don't...engage the fans or don't...be candid and forthcoming or remain silent and mysterious...all that is absolutely her prerogative, and I've yet to see anyone question that.

While I have seen it on other forums where fans have stomped their feet like spoiled children and demanded an explanation, here everybody seems to be saying "I just wish she'd do this" or "I think she'd do better if did that". It's an important distinction. Deepwaters is right, in that I think everybody here is coming from a place of genuine concern and goodwill, and not a sense of entitlement.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
I don't think anybody here is suggesting she "owes" us anything, Jung. Update the website or don't...engage the fans or don't...be candid and forthcoming or remain silent and mysterious...all that is absolutely her prerogative, and I've yet to see anyone question that.

While I have seen it on other forums where fans have stomped their feet like spoiled children and demanded an explanation, here everybody seems to be saying "I just wish she'd do this" or "I think she'd do better if did that". It's an important distinction. Deepwaters is right, in that I think everybody here is coming from a place of genuine concern and goodwill, and not a sense of entitlement.
We really like Alizée and wish we had more to experience from/with her.

Merci Fanny
Old 11-26-2008, 07:59 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Indeed..................

it's just the best thing for someone to say at times is nothing at all and maybe it is this way in her life right now

I don't question anyone's concern for her here as I don't question that you guys think she should say something or not

Its just I think some people almost expect her to keep such sites up to date when she has no obligation at all

Old 11-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Its just I think some people almost expect her to keep such sites up to date when she has no obligation at all
Obligation to? No.

In her best interest to? Yes, at least in my opinion. Otherwise, what's the point of them?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Not to mention that it should come as no surprise if people start loosing interest and stop spending money when she doesn't update them. None of this would be an issue if her career was going along just fine otherwise.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Somebody logged into the MySpace today, but again it doesn't appear as though any new messages were approved.

I've noticed something odd, though--the most recent comments are no longer on the main page of her profile, as they now seem to be posting oldest-to-newest instead of the other way 'round. The messages on the main page are from Oct. 26...one has to click 'View All' and click on over to page 5 to view the most recent approved message from Nov. 9. I wonder if it's a settings glitch, or a deliberate choice on her/their part.

Just curious--has anyone tried sending her a message there since the 9th? Could it honestly be that there's just no new messages to be approved?

EDIT: Also wanted to mention that the image and link for the MTVLA awards are still up there. Somebody probably ought to look into taking that down.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 11-30-2008 at 01:17 PM..
Old 11-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

I think she'd do better to hire somebody to keep an up-to-date news feed on like her actual website. She could get the same guy (or guys) to put the news on her myspace too :P
Old 12-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

OK, so I appreciate that I'm beating a fairly dead horse, here, but here we go again: we had a login yesterday, for the first time in weeks aaaaannnd...still no new comments were approved.

I don't get it. Have her fans given up on her? Has she given up on her fans? Is the intern they've hired to look after it on strike? Is Annily maintaining it, and holding out for a later bedtime?

One is left to wonder...
Old 12-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
OK, so I appreciate that I'm beating a fairly dead horse, here, but here we go again: we had a login yesterday, for the first time in weeks aaaaannnd...still no new comments were approved.

I don't get it. Have her fans given up on her? Has she given up on her fans? Is the intern they've hired to look after it on strike? Is Annily maintaining it, and holding out for a later bedtime?

One is left to wonder...
Well, I guess the proverbial horse is getting beaten into an unrecognizable blob, but - since she quit logging onto her myspace on a regular basis, fan visits have fallen off quite a bit, but there are still hundreds of visits a day. One would have to assume some of these people still make comments. I quit making comments there a long time ago because she appears to not be interested.

Why doesn't she say something, like in a bulletin? Why make fans agonize through these long silences? Or does she think that her fans have no feelings? I actually think that maybe she’s not communicating in order to make a point.

Sorry for joining in on this horse beating...