Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-10-2020, 09:27 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I remember last year Alizee posted a picture of herself at a train station with a patch over her eye, covered with sunglasses, at the beginning of March. Then she nor Greg posted anything for weeks. We got a little concerned that Alizee might have had something serious going on with her eye.

Weeks later a picture of Alizee and Greg posing with students popped up. Then Jo posted some pictures of Alizee preparing at the Gala. So yes, this time of the year is very busy for them, either competing or getting prepared for competitions or putting on shows.

Nonetheless, we still should make it a point to reach out to Nathalie at the end of February or beginning of March if we don't hear from her by then. Even if Alizee had not gone spring shopping for Maggy yet, we need to keep the gift in the forefront of Nathalie's mind.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:47 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well the most recent picture of Maggy isn't a Spring outfit and with the high temps in Ajaccio projected to be mostly around 61 degrees in the next two weeks and low temps in the 40s, I doubt if we'll see any Spring outfits on Maggy until next month sometime. It's only after we see at least a couple of Spring outfits on Maggy that we can assume she's paid a visit to Chonchon and then I would feel comfortable in contacting Nathalie.

winter outfit.jpg

ajaccio forecast.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-10-2020 at 06:49 PM..
Old 02-10-2020, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's only after we see at least a couple of Spring outfits on Maggy that we can assume she's paid a visit to Chonchon and then I would feel comfortable in contacting Nathalie.
That makes sense to me. Once we see pictures posted that show Maggy wearing warmer weather clothes, I think that’s a signal that it would be appropriate to ask Nathalie if Alizée has visited the shop and redeemed her gift. Considering how busy Alizée has been, along with the fact that it’s going to be chilly in Ajaccio for awhile longer, I would imagine it will be well into the spring before Alizée starts thinking about new clothes for Maggy. And, as I’ve said, she might also want to wait till Maggy is out of newborn clothes, doesn’t need to be as bundled up, and is ready for some pretty, little girl things. The timing works out nicely, too, as the warmer weather will give her an opportunity to dress Maggy in stylish dresses, etc., as opposed to warm, winter-type baby clothes.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:55 PM

I'm sure Alizee is anxious to get the new fashions for Maggy, but no self respecting mother will jump the gun.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Great news! Alizee received our gift.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:14 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Old 03-19-2020, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This is wonderful news! Thank you for posting this, CleverCowboy!
Old 03-20-2020, 09:34 AM

This is very good news. I thought there was a very good chance Alizee would not respond to this gift either because it was her policy or because she's so busy with the school, that she might never get aound to it, but probably because of the Corona virus and her school cancellations,after the Spring collection came out, she found the time to visit Chonchon and to thank us in a very nice way.

By now, with the visit to the studio last fall and other occasion where she said hello to us, she must know well the name of the Alizée America forum and with other fans sites falling by the wayside, it must be nice for her to know we are still here.

It was very good luck that through Blanche we found a store Alizee likes and has shopped in before and good luck that there were two, wonderful women working there who were very kind to us in our dealings with them, not to mention the lady who designed and printed the card who usually gets paid for something like this but insisted on doing this for free.

Thanks to CleverCowboy and Bamagirl for heading up this effort and of course thanks to all the members who took part in it and another thanks to Bamagirl for getting a friend do come translation work for us.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-20-2020 at 09:37 AM..
Old 03-20-2020, 11:56 AM
Administrator

This outcome really exceeded my expectations.

Scruffy had no idea that the relationship he was building with Blanche in the past would lead us to Nathalie one day, who owns a store with baby clothes and is good friends with Alizee. You cannot ask for a more perfect situation.

He and Bamagirl and myself worked outside the forum on this project, and even though I consider myself a patient person, they can attest how I was starting to get a little "antsy" that a few months time had passed without Alizee receiving our gift. But they proved they had it under control. The card was very nice, and the signatures were a nice touch.

Thanks to all that participated in this! I believe that Scruffy is right when he said that Alizee knows our forum name well, and that she appreciates the fact that we are still around.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:49 AM

I'll have to send an 'internet' thank you card to the two women at Chonchons as well as the woman who put together the card for us.