Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-11-2013, 10:39 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road
Default French connection

Do you feel that after discovering Alizée, you tend to randomly find or bump into Alizée or France related stuff more often?

I shared apartment with 2 other friends and one of them left last month. The new guy whom we hadn't even met earlier turned out to be a professional French translator.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I think so. A few weeks ago I was watching tennis with my dad and I recognized someone in the crowd, it was Nolwenn Leroy. Not so long ago I met a dude who had an Alizée picture as his phone's wallpaper but he didn't know who she was. And last year an aunt came over to visit, and we traveled around some. We came across some tourists, a French speaking couple. I tried to understand what they were saying I wanted to talk to them and maybe ask if they knew Alizée but I didn't :\
Old 11-12-2013, 01:52 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Do you feel that after discovering Alizée, you tend to randomly find or bump into Alizée or France related stuff more often?...

Where is your mind? Where are your thoughts?

You attract what you focus on (good or bad).
Old 11-12-2013, 10:04 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I was jumping through the channels looking for something to watch last night and came across Dancing with the Stars here in the U.S.. I didn't recognize one name but with the French version Danse avec les Stars I recognized three of the participants right off the bat along with one of the Judges.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:19 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Lol- Since discovering her, I am running into more French-speaking people than ever. The odd thing about this? I live in Texas! She has single-handedly caused me to reconnect with the culture and the language, which I studied for many years, from high school, through university. Living in the edge of the southwestern part of the United States, there is virtually zero opportunity to speak French. Somehow , that's no longer the case- or maybe I'm just wishful ...
Old 11-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Not so serious

espi is on a distinguished road

i've started learning french 2 months ago and that literally means a reminder every weak! well, through her music i managed to discover more french singers. also those singers whose songs are generally in English but sometimes sing in French too seems to attract me more! like a song in the new album of She & Him which is bilingual (Sunday Girl).