Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-14-2010, 08:06 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Are you saying you trusted american teenagers with the actual Mes Courants Electriques International Version CD? Please tell me it was a burnt version....
Biritsh teenagers No it wasn't a burnt version... although I did burn an Alizée mix for one of my friends the other day with songs from all five albums. But you're right, I wouldn't trust anyone with my Alizée CDs, and I only lend them to people I trust to bring them back (THAT is a true sign of trust!) If anyone didn't bring them back they know full well that I would hardly ever speak to them and when I did it would be abusive... or alternatively they would just have to buy me a new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I don't want to ruin the party. But I have some doubts. I never bought anything online and I don't know much about it, that's why I'm asking this.

How do you know that artists get the royalty for the sales when you buy any stuff online from ebay. Are you buying it from some person? If you are buying it from some person, then I don't think the artists get a penny for this purchase because they have been already sold earlier. It's nothing better than downloading stuffs for free. Only thing is that you have paid for it.

If the album is not available for sale at a source from where artists also get their share, then it's ok. If that is that case then I'm sorry for raising a doubt.
Whenever you buy a CD off eBay or Amazon, no matter who you buy it off they would have had to have bought it from Alizée's label in the first place for it to come into their possession. So when you buy it from them, it's just like you buying it straight from the label except there's a middle man who sells it on to you. So basically Alizée would get the same royalties she would if you bought it from a shop.
Quote:
No but see this is how it works.

The Label's Manufacturer makes the CD.
The CD is sold to someone/a company.
The artist recieves a portion of that money made from that CD since it was sold to a person/company.

So either way no matter how you slice it, if the CD is sold to a company online or a person, then the artist and label make some money...
Yeah he's got it.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Biritsh teenagers No it wasn't a burnt version... although I did burn an Alizée mix for one of my friends the other day with songs from all five albums. But you're right, I wouldn't trust anyone with my Alizée CDs, and I only lend them to people I trust to bring them back (THAT is a true sign of trust!) If anyone didn't bring them back they know full well that I would hardly ever speak to them and when I did it would be abusive... or alternatively they would just have to buy me a new one.

Whenever you buy a CD off eBay or Amazon, no matter who you buy it off they would have had to have bought it from Alizée's label in the first place for it to come into their possession. So when you buy it from them, it's just like you buying it straight from the label except there's a middle man who sells it on to you. So basically Alizée would get the same royalties she would if you bought it from a shop.

Yeah he's got it.
Man you definitely trust those wee little friends of yours. Like my mum always tells me, "If you want a krumpet, you need the haggis first". Jajaja sorry I'm being dumb.

But yah so no matter where you get it from, Alizee has already got her share of the money of that CD you bought since there are middle men who already bought it.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Like my mum always tells me, "If you want a krumpet, you need the haggis first".

But no, trust isn't the word. I think "fear" better describes it. They know what will happen to them if they damage/lose any of my Alizée CDs.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post

But no, trust isn't the word. I think "fear" better describes it. They know what will happen to them if they damage/lose any of my Alizée CDs.
Ahh yes, it is always good to install fear into them. But yah....uhhhh....oh yah I accidentaly dropped MCE while trying to carefully take out the booklet. Lucky nothing got cracked or bent
Old 08-19-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Ahh yes, it is always good to install fear into them. But yah....uhhhh....oh yah I accidentaly dropped MCE while trying to carefully take out the booklet. Lucky nothing got cracked or bent
OOH so I take it you got your MCE international version?
Old 08-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lucky dude my Gourmandises case is messded up, I was doing the same thing as you were and then BAM falls right onto the floor and it's cracked at the top. At least my CD was okay.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

my finntroll album of Nattfodd is like that......but that's cause i bought it at a finntroll show, moshed with it in my pocket and it got cracked. cd works fine though
Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
my finntroll album of Nattfodd is like that......but that's cause i bought it at a finntroll show, moshed with it in my pocket and it got cracked. cd works fine though
Jajaja I remember my first mosh at a Slipknot concert, fucking crazy wasn't scared at all I knew what was coming and I knew what I was doing.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494

Tags
international, mce, question, version