Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2008, 09:39 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road
Default My dog died today ...

Sad thing losing your dog, he died in my arms. His name was Logan, I have had him since I started college. When I was burying him I couldn't quit thinking about the fact that I have never been on my own without him. I have had him ever since I moved out of my parents house when I started college.

He was a HUGE dog, and I have always lived in small apartments and most recently a small townhouse. I just bought this new house with a big back yard for him, and he dies days after we move in.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
Sad thing losing your dog, he died in my arms. His name was Logan, I have had him since I started college. When I was burying him I couldn't quit thinking about the fact that I have never been on my own without him. I have had him ever since I moved out of my parents house when I started college.

He was a HUGE dog, and I have always lived in small apartments and most recently a small townhouse. I just bought this new house with a big back yard for him, and he dies days after we move in.
Well my best wishes towards you sir.
It is a sad and an unfortunate thing to lose a companion, through the ups and the downs of life, I wish you the best.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I'm sad to hear about your dog, Brad. As one who has grown up with dogs and cats, I truly know how you feel. They really do become true friends and part of the family and it's hard to see them go.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Oh Brad, that's awful. I'm so sorry. My family's golden retriever has been with us for 12 years, and he's starting to show the signs of becoming a grumpy old man. I'm going to be an absolute wreck when his time comes--I'm choking up now just thinking about it.

Hang in there, man. We're here for you.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:02 PM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your dog, Brad.

Dogs are friends you never will forget. I still remember mine from when I was 8 years old. I can't remember some of my friends from school but I'll never forget that dog.

I'm not sure that'll make you feel any better. Just an observation I guess...
I hope you will feel better soon.

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Oh, dude. That really sucks... I am SO sorry. My dog is getting old, sleeping all the time... So thoughts of such things are always on my mind. *hug*
Old 07-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Losing any loved one, whether it be human or beast, is truly a terrible thing. I can remember my family's old cat dying in my father's arms. It was truly a heartbreaking moment.

I wish you the best, brad. Death is simply another stage of life. Be thankful for all of the wonderful memories the two of you have experienced together; memories persist through death, although the physical body may not.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:19 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Oh man, I'm terribly sorry to hear that Brad. I can certain empathize with you. I remember you showing us Sam and Logan.

As you know we had lost our poodle, Chrissy, 2-years and 1-month ago. It wasn't until after the beginning of this year that my parents decided to get another poodle pup. I still miss Chrissy. She was unique in her own way as I'm sure Logan is for you. I'll always have the good times I shared with her in my heart, and I've even memorialized her when Yahoo! had that Time Capsule project. Anyway, I'm happy that my parents did eventually get another dog. Studies have shown that people with pets are healthier and happier. I know this new dog, Alvin, is doing them a world of good, and I enjoy going to their house every Sunday for brunch and playing with the little pup.

Once again, I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes to you and your family. Take care!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...

Last edited by Sir Wood; 07-28-2008 at 10:22 PM..
Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Brad, I don't know what to say. I've gone through the deaths of many dogs. Even though none of them were mine, I was still close with all of them, and it was a tragic time for everybody involved. I'm really sorry for your loss, believe that I know how you feel...
Old 07-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:

awww im sorry bro, try to remember all the good times you had with him! That will help and usually make you smile. Take it easy brad have a good night!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!