Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-08-2013, 10:25 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

this is the classic old story of - what the people like to hear isnt always what the performer likes to sing. The question we all should be asking - "What kind of music does Alizee really enjoy?" - when we finally can answer this, then we know the real Alizee.

I for one, enjoy listening to Alizee's slow melodies rather than the trendy, pop'ish style melodies. I enjoy the "easy listening" music cause its very down to earth.

Alizee is not the first performer to switch styles - several american pop/rock performers have switched to Country Music cause it fits their tastes.

Alizee does not resemble a person that wants all the attention, she doesnt need to perform concerts to make her money. she seems very content with her small select fanbase, and cherishes her "family" time.

The older you get the more conservative your tastes become, the older you get, the more you like to hear slower, romantic, easy listening songs.

Enjoy the new Album

Last edited by mzracing76; 01-08-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 10:49 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I agree with all you said mz, but that is the "half full bottle" point of view. Saying that she is happy not going out on tour, changing to a more melodic style, not having big fame, etc... may be true, but then we would be implying that, if she wanted, she could go out on tour, fill venues and be in the spotlight again. And that is not the case. She is not choosing this path in her career, she is making the most of it and enjoying it, which is great, but imho she would enjoy exactly the same her life (or even more) if her albums would sell better and her number or fans would be double in number.

Not that that is important or make a big difference, just was my opinion on her career at this point. She could be happy and proud even if tomorrow she decides to work in a farm for the rest of her life, but some of us are still interested on her musical career, past and present. Of course, I also understand the point of view of people who thinks that as long as she is happy, it does not matter what she does or what she sings.

Last edited by SpanishFan; 01-08-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C9b3_1CcXtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-17-2015, 08:48 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

If Alizee got married or pregnant, what are the chances she would announce that? When she got pregnant the first time, did she make it public or did she disappear until it became apparent? Is it possible she stepped out of the public's view because she is pregnant?
Old 09-17-2015, 09:01 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

Shepherd necro this post, but I'll continue

Back in the day that she was pregnant she didn't want to share her private life with the fans and the tabloids. I don't know for how long you've been a fan of Alizée, but in the Gourmandises and MCE days she tried to avoid tabloids. Hell, she even flipped her MIDDLE FINGER to the press because they stalked her.

Right now she wants to share her life, because she knows she will have more grip on what's coming out and what's not.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing at this and not trying to say this is the way it was, but I think her aloofness with the media and maybe with the fans, was something instilled in her by MF.

Of course she became more communicative with the fans when she came back, something she absolutely had to do, but I think during her troubles with Jeremy and with the separation that followed, I think her fans became an important part of her life.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:17 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm guessing at this and not trying to say this is the way it was, but I think her aloofness with the media and maybe with the fans, was something instilled in her by MF.

Of course she became more communicative with the fans when she came back, something she absolutely had to do, but I think during her troubles with Jeremy and with the separation that followed, I think her fans became an important part of her life.
I think it's not that. A lot of times in interviews she described herself as a reserved and shy person, and likewise MF. I think aloofness with the media in the past comes from that.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:07 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I think we are dealing with more than an aloofness from the press or a shyness. Alizee has disappeared from view altogether. It's hard to believe that she can't find work. My question is, Has she stopped looking? When she had Annily, I understand she dropped out of view for three years. Are we experiencing a repeat of that situation?
Old 09-18-2015, 02:33 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

She made more than a few mistakes over the ten years. Marrying Jeremy was her first. Second she used friends and family to write and produce her next two albums after MF and LB. Lastly she covered her arms with butt ugly tattoos.

She can fix this and give her career a bump but I doubt she has the drive to do it. If she really cared about her career she would have never plastered her arms with tattoos.

If Alizée wants to be relevant again, she has the talent, be in singing, dancing and her new endeavor acting, she can do it. The problem is until Alizée comes into reality and realizes that her tattooed arms are holding her back, she will continue to fall short of her career goals.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I agree Jeremy was her first mistake. Not getting the professional help with her albums was another good sized one. The tats as far as her career was concerned were a mistake for sure, but back even in her blond days which was another less than brilliant direction to go in, there were a series of photos that came out where a lot of us commented on how good she looked and the reason she looked good was because the tats were covered up so while they are a mistake career wise. There are ways around them, but you look at some of the outfits she chose when she was promoting Blonde and you have to really wonder what is going through her head. Nothing but poor choices year after year.

In this translation project I'm doing, she was practicing for one of her dances and she stopped and complained that she didn't was tired of doing the type of moves that she had been noted for, for 13 years. She has no concept of what people want to see on stage. A lot that helps with success on stage, beyond good music is looks. Her music hasn't been that good which isn't helped by the fact she "apparently" hasn't taken a singing lesson since leaving MF, but if she could find a way to put beauty (not vulgarity ala MF) back into her routines, I'm sure not of success, but certainly much bigger appeal than she's had since she went out on her own. She's had zero stage appeal since leaving MF in my opinion.

If there's a lack of communication from her now, I think it's because she's looking for a direction to go in and can't find one. She realizes this is the time she should be back at work and if she keeps posting pictures from around Ajaccio, fans will realize there is no work.

But I still have faith in her. I think she is trying; she is looking. It may take a while and she may come up empty and have to settle for something closer to home, but I don't think it will be do to lack of effort.

Hopefully another album is possible. But you have to wonder if the music or maybe more likely the singing isn't top notch, is she willing to use her remaining beauty (with the tats covered up) and dancing ability to it's best advantage.

I thought with a woman like this, they should've come up with 2 or 3 videos for Blonde. A good video can rescue a song that isn't top notch as many of hers are. But with such poor management, it probably wouldn't have mattered. A new album needs to have someone who knows what they are doing, who has complete say over what goes on and no input from her. Less than that and you can just lump in the next album with all "her" other ones.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-18-2015 at 03:59 PM..