Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

dont hesitate ben ill donate in a jiffy
Old 07-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

omg. we get tshirts, then my working overtime at the theater money will finally be put to good use!

Old 07-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Alizée Acolyte

BrianB is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
We're working on t-shirts and possibly other items at the moment actually. There might be a thread about that soon.
On another forum I'm on they sell t-shirts and bumper stickers to raise money and promote the site. I have found the bumper sticker to be really helpful because people ask me about it all the time. For example, one time I took my car in for service the service manager told me he visited the site after seeing the URL on my car. BTW, I would be definitely interested in getting AlizéeAmerica t-shirts and bumper stickers.
Brian
Old 07-04-2009, 10:07 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

i am happy to see that my post stirred some ideas
Old 07-04-2009, 02:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool PF Fliers!

I think making up t-shirts with Alizee's picture on it is a good idea even though it is somewhat getting away from what I've been proposing.
The question is, what picture do you use on it or do you use multiple pictures. I think the best pictures for the job are ones from 2003 and the best individual picture would be from her performance at the Eiffel tower that year. Even though she is still a very beautiful woman, I think she had back then, the looks that could launch a thousand ships, the kind of beauty that wars are started over. Even though these pictures are getting close to being almost 6 years old, the people who will be seeing them, don't know that. The goal here is to get them to notice her and I think pictures from back then will do the trick. Once they notice her, half the job is done. The other half is to get them to listen to her music.

The only problem with t shirts or posters is Alizee’s name. I had never heard it before and as much as I think someone might be really drawn to her picture, I think a lot of people would have trouble remembering her name once they got home. I thought a lot about this and came up with I think might be a good way of getting around this. I’m sure you’ve all seen those flyers posted on bulletin boards where someone is selling a car, boat, x-wife, kids, or what ever or promoting a business. The top of the flyer usually shows a picture of what they’re selling along with a description. Down at the bottom of the flyer will be a bunch of tear strips with their telephone number.

Well our flyer would show a picture of Alizee in all her splendor. Down below on the tear strips would be Alizee’s name along with Youtube and the name of a few of her videos. Maybe a couple in French and a couple in English for people who have no interest in hearing songs in French.

I made up a couple of potential fliers to see what members here think of the idea.

This would be a very low cost way to spread the word. Plus we'd be able to see if it's having any success by checking back where we post them occassionaly.

We could post these in supermarkets, gyms, schools, clubs and I’m sure many other places. There might be some places where some people might find the picture of Alizée in the sailor suit offensive in some way. I think if I felt this was the case, I'd post the one with just the single picture.

One other late thought I'd like to add is maybe we could make up some DVD's and add to the flier, "Contact the Alizée America forum for a free DVD while supplies last." I'd be willing to make a bunch up and ship them to Ben and donate some money to help with shipping as I'm sure other people would if they think this idea has any chance of working. This would give us an idea of how many people this might be reaching.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:52 PM

scruffy.. you are so friggen awesome with what you do for Alizee! you should be given the Alizee fan of the year award or something!

heres the only hitch with the picture. i don't think we should use the older MCE era pictures.. i mean, that's now what she is anymore, you know? she's just way too different now than she was then to use the old pictures to promote her. dont' get me wrong!! the MCE era.. she was stunningly amazingly stupifyingly beautiful! but now she looks much more different, and her type of music has changed quite a lot too.

then again.. JEAM and JPVA would be very good hookers to drag in potential fans with.. or any of the english songs, though shes heard best in French.

my thoughts anyways.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:21 PM

I respectfully disagree wasabi622. I think you have to get them to take the bait first. It's better to offer filet mignon than ground beef. Once they take the bait, you can yank them in the boat, club them and then filet them. Maybe that's not such a good idea. I think the odds are better that they would like the old music and might not like the Psych music that much but realize she has a new album coming out and will want to come along for the ride. If they hear the Psych music first, they may spit out the hook.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Once they take the bait, you can yank them in the boat, club them and then filet them.
yeah that'll work too. i mean, i was just talking from what i felt.
i was hooked in with the JEAM dance.. and well, im still here cuz i really love her sincerity(at least, i think, i won't pretend to know her!) both on and off stage.

BUT! better to get as many people to check her out, than get a few to follow her i guess.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:39 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I respectfully disagree wasabi622. I think you have to get them to take the bait first. It's better to offer filet mignon than ground beef. Once they take the bait, you can yank them in the boat, club them and then filet them. Maybe that's not such a good idea. I think the odds are better that they would like the old music and might not like the Psych music that much but realize she has a new album coming out and will want to come along for the ride. If they hear the Psych music first, they may spit out the hook.
yes and no there are a lot of people who may either like psychedelices better than the older music and then those who will be disappointed to find out that she has changed style and lose all interest not to mention she is trying to get into her own style now so it's not gonna go back to Gourmandises or MCE era style again

as for pictures I would definitely use current ones as she is trying to get away from the old image

last but not least it is incredibly hard to promote old albums and with a new material coming out soon it may be best to wait a month or two see if we get any new tunes

we do already have a great image with the URL for this site that Miss Amelie made for me a while back

Old 07-05-2009, 05:04 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
yes and no there are a lot of people who may either like psychedelices better than the older music and then those who will be disappointed to find out that she has changed style and lose all interest not to mention she is trying to get into her own style now so it's not gonna go back to Gourmandises or MCE era style again

as for pictures I would definitely use current ones as she is trying to get away from the old image

last but not least it is incredibly hard to promote old albums and with a new material coming out soon it may be best to wait a month or two see if we get any new tunes

we do already have a great image with the URL for this site that Miss Amelie made for me a while back

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess that applies to music as well as looks. If this was the first picture I had ever seen of Alizée, I would have never given it a second look. I really dont think it's that good a picture of her. If I was going to use a recent picture, I would use one similar to this, and there are other recent ones where she does look beautiful, but I think using the first one would be a complete waste of time.

As far as her performances. On Pysch, MJ, FS, LT were "good songs" and the related videos were okay, but they're not real attention grabbers. If someone new to her saw one of these for the first time, I doubt if they would look for any further. The one really beautiful song on Psych was PLP, and the stumbling block to this is it's in French and there was no good video to go along with it.

On MCE and Gourmandises, there were so many incredibly beautiful performances. Ones where she was incredibly beautiful, the music was beautiful, her looks were awesome, the dancing out of this world, and everything else was so great. The lighting, the background, it just goes on and on.

IMO, using only Psych material would be a lost cause.