Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

If you are going to send a check, try to send a bank check - and if at all possible, denominated in Euros.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:17 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

I wish the world could be more globalized when it comes to economy ... I bet that was Steve Job's goal in life... to globalize the world via electronic devices...

I understand we all have different cultural values and what not... but heck... it would be nice if my post office could work with their post office... much like how my android can work with my friend's iphone... yes they come from two different worlds, but there's an app for that.. sheesh!... where is my postal app for communicating with france!!! grrrr!!!!!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Here's a thought, if we're talking about having Her Grace sign a CD. The autograph goes on the paper insert, not on the CD itself nor on the jewel case. So to maximize the ease and minimize expense, pull the insert out of the jewel case and mail that alone, with return postage inserted.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 12-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Here's a thought, if we're talking about having Her Grace sign a CD. The autograph goes on the paper insert, not on the CD itself nor on the jewel case. So to maximize the ease and minimize expense, pull the insert out of the jewel case and mail that alone, with return postage inserted.
That's what scruffy was saying. He also had an idea of you wanted the CD signed directly. See above.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:09 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
This is some good info Scruffy! I have a self-addressed photo mailing envelope already with international return coupons with it so it won't cost her anything to mail it back, just get it to the post office... it is packed in another envelope that I am still contemplating on where I am gong to address it. The letter has already been done thanks to Dan and Chuck and a few other forum members and some proof reading from a local french-canadian buddy.

Packing and mailing a CD and a CD Sleeve would be the best bet to get an autograph.. well one or the other, not both. I also have a HQ JEAM photo that I am sending for an autograph... and last but not least, I was going to send cash. I suppose I can send a check, but I wasn't sure if personal checks are good over there and I don't have any travelers checks.
I suggested a personal check because it gives you some protection. If she gets a lot of fan mail, there may be someone who helps her open them and if they see cash when Alizee isn't looking, that cash may disappear and the letter gets deep sixed.

But if someone else who is helping her, sees a check, more than likely they'll tell Alizee about it.

Checks from this country will be honored in France. We made a donation to Jean Baptiste a few months back that was made via a personal check, but your bank will probably charge an international transaction fee which varies from bank to bank, so make a call first.

When I made the donation, I asked the bank if I could make it out in euros and they said no, it had to be in the currency that was printed on the check and that was dollars.

One last thing is I would not send a bank check. If she gets a lot of mail, it's possible some of that mail never gets opened, so with a personal check, you limit your losses.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-27-2011 at 08:13 PM..
Old 12-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I suggested a personal check because it gives you some protection. If she gets a lot of fan mail, there may be someone who helps her open them and if they see cash when Alizee isn't looking, that cash may disappear and the letter gets deep sixed.

But if someone else who is helping her, sees a check, more than likely they'll tell Alizee about it.

Checks from this country will be honored in France. We made a donation to Jean Baptiste a few months back that was made via a personal check, but your bank will probably charge an international transaction fee which varies from bank to bank, so make a call first.

When I made the donation, I asked the bank if I could make it out in euros and they said no, it had to be in the currency that was printed on the check and that was dollars.

One last thing is I would not send a bank check. If she gets a lot of mail, it's possible some of that mail never gets opened, so with a personal check, you limit your losses.
Good point!... and I might leave a little somethin' extra for her too!... and in the "for" part I'll put "Gourmandises" (wine gummy bears; her favorite)...

The conversion rate from Dollars to Euros is sad... the value of the dollar is worse than before, but I suppose it could have been worse.. at least it's not vs the British Pound... or Kuwaiti Dinars!... If I woke up tomorrow and had to pay my bills in Kuwaiti Dinars I would have to get 2 more jobs... or jump out a window...

Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
First of all I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
As far as this idea,I don't think Alizee would do it because it could become a very big burden for her. People would send her all kinds of packaging, with different amounts of cds and other things such as pictures to sign and who knows what else, making each package like I said, kind of a burden on her. We could always ask people to include a self addressed box, but invariably there would be those who forget, or include a box that doesn't have enough postage on it and as much as she'd like to do it, it just wouldn't be worth the hassle. Plus you have the fact that if she does it for members of this forum, she'd have to do it for other forums and that would become a real mess.

I think what would make a lot more sense is if we as a forum suggest she make changes to the Alizee store. I don't think this store could have gone in a worse direction than if it was piloted by wrong way Corrigan. He was a pilot back in 1938 who filed a flight plan to go from New York to California and he wound up in Ireland.

What would most of her fans want? CDs, DVDs and posters. Especially posters! Most of her fans are men and she is tremendously beautiful woman and she should take advantage of that fact and I'm not saying she should do a playboy spread, but even though the days of her wearing the JAM sailor suit are over, I think there are a lot of people who would love to get and autographed picture of her in it.

But I should not have singled out just those pictures in the JAM suit. There are so many other pictures people would like. Ones like when she was En Concert in that beautiful white dress at the beginning or the yellow dress when she held the microphone out to the crowd. Then there are those incredibly beautiful shots of her wearing that blue dress in front of the Eiffel tower. Other people like the curly hair of the Psych days and there are so many recent pictures of her that would sell, such as when she was in Mexico with that gray shirt and black shorts on; she looked awesome. These are the type of things men want.

I would like to see some posters made from her Les Enfoires appearences, but I don't know if that can be done because I think where it's a show that was done for charity, someone can not try to make money off it by selling pictures from it, which is a shame. She looked awesome in that maid's outfit, not to mention the metro outfit and there are some great shots of her beautiful smile at the end when she's wearing a kilt.

So I think she could set up an operation where she sells certain cds and posters for what ever price. If you want it autographed, it would cost another let's say $10.00. If you want a more personalized message put on it, that would be another $10.00. That sounds so commercialized, so big business, something I think she is against, but I think it's something that would really please her fans and for that reason she should explore it.

To me, it makes perfect sense. Instead of fumbling around with different size boxes or packages sent in by fans, she'd have standardized packages for all the posters or cds she'd be shipping out. It'd be a very streamlined operation. So much easier for her and I'm sure it would generate a good amount of revenue. Not only that, I'm sure that it would cause fans who might be starting to drift away, to be more loyal to her if they could look at a poster each day with a personalized message on it. I think it would really be a win win situation; good for her and great for her fans.

I was waiting for the store to open back up to e'mail the suggestion to them, but maybe now is the time to do it? They could even open up the store web site to kind of take a poll to see how many people would be interested in buying autographed cds.

Bottom line is she'd like to do what you propose, but it would be a hassle for her. You have to somehow make it worth her while. Maybe someone else could think of something better than what I'm proposing.

Well those are my thoughts on the subject, but if everyone doesn't agree with it and they want me to help put together a letter with the original idea, I'd be glad to help out.

EDIT: I deleted a part of my post that was "overly" critical of the store, because of the date, but will repost it later in the week.

How would you like to have poster like this on your wall? Would it be possible for her to have more made up amd sell them?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I agree the poster you have and the other En Concert i think are must have and if she had stock of them to autograph and ship out would make perfect sense . Also certain other outfits no doubt she could sell at a constant stream expecially if personalized autographed . Most prefer to personalize stuff and there is no extra charge due to that reason they don't want you making a profit buying and reselling . Which helps to cut down on bootleg copies and secondary resales . I disagree on it being any hassle at all most celebs you can send stuff it may take a few months for them to get it and if you did provide return postage another couple weeks to open and again may take a month or few to get back to you . Knowing the right location to send to is obviously the hard part to find unless they make it well know as in via website . Considering she doesnt seem to do that perhaps at this point in her career is more focused on other work . Which is something to mention usually i find celebs don't open up shop online selling the goods until later in the careers as then they can better focus , reflect and appreciate the fans . Not to say stars don't appreciate the fans but you may get my point about a store and no store or only the run by corporate store . Until a career settles down they can then more focus on reflection and relating to the fans .
With Alizee i'm sure she was at peak popularity getting way too much mail but the corporation presorts and helps with that . At this point she probably only gets alot at certain times of album release and so on , otherwise not much .

I know if it was me being her i would sell everything and restock everything if stuff ran out .Because if they have sold out then it is obvious people buy it and more can be sold , but that operation costs money . What alot of stars do to is a family member will handle that whole operation . That way they can help manage the orders and presort add notes autograph this and that to this Guys name .

Anyway i would LOVE to see her have a proper store as i really want all the En Concert posters , autographed would be so sweet . Also the EC lanyard and sure would love to have a few ML posters <3 Ya know i wish she would even do a fat head be awesme to have a life size Alizee fat head wall cling thing .
Old 04-09-2012, 12:56 AM

texasguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
Ya know i wish she would even do a fat head be awesme to have a life size Alizee fat head wall cling thing .
This NEEDS to happen.