Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

On a related note, I was in London yesterday and decided to check out whether the massive HMV store there stocked Alizée... and they did!
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/albu...pictureid=1346
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/albu...pictureid=1347
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/albu...pictureid=1348
Bad news is that there was no sign of UEDS and it's the same here that prices are ridiculous - I could buy them off Amazon for a lot less. But Alizée being sold in the UK still excites me... so it can't just be me who's buying them??

Last edited by babyblue558; 08-13-2010 at 07:58 PM..
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Wow it's so crazy how Alizée is being sold out in some places in the wrold except France.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
On a related note, I was in London yesterday and decided to check out whether the massive HMV store there stocked Alizée... and they did!
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/albu...pictureid=1346
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/albu...pictureid=1347
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/albu...pictureid=1348
Bad news is that there was no sign of UEDS and it's the same here that prices are ridiculous - I could buy them off Amazon for a lot less. But Alizée being sold in the UK still excites me... so it can't just be me who's buying them??
That's awesome, I wish they would sell her stuff here in US stores. Perhaps someday...
Old 08-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
how far from the border are you? (jaja sounds funny coming from a mexican )
I just told everyone in my family this whole thread and I started laughing and they looked at me like a weerdee, I am still crying at how funny that is JAJAJAJA

But yah I downloaded her songs illegally about 7 months ago but just fulfilled my promise to myself to buy them as soon as I had the chance...in about a week I will have all 4 of her CDs, 1 I already have thanks to amazing people on the internet that I have never met before(Scruff).

So as long as you buy her CDs eventually, then you might as well download them, crap I'm promoting being a pirate, argh matey
Old 08-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

O k these ideas may sound a bit crazy but . . . On ebay normally i send cash , yes cash and i have NEVER been scammed . Just make sure you insure both ways via your mail service , that way even if you do get scammed or it gets lost you get your monies back . Make sure you insure it for double the amount that way if you have to wait a long time for a refund as postal offices are slow with stuff like that it is worth your while , but believe me if you insure it will NEVER be lost . Anyway a better idea perhaps is this . . .

Befriend someone on here , get to know them . If you feel they are trustworthy then they can exchange info with you and most likely will happily ebay it to you or send directly without the middle man .

For those in the US , not sure if they have em in Canada or other countries FYI entertaiment will pretty much get anything , most stores i have been to even have kiosks kinda like a computer that you can look it up yourself and place the order if you don't want to ask a clerk . They will even burn out of print stuff for you or say it was something that was only available on vhs they will make you a DVD copy .

On a side note . . .
Ya know what would be nice ?
Since like sales are slow for Alizee ,
what she should be doing is offering autographed copies
sold directly by her for an extra fee .

Not only would that boost sales but make ALOT of us fanatics
very very happy . Why more artists don't do that i have no idea ?
Yes i know she may have to sign a few thousand but that would be
over a long period of time and really wouldn't be that much work .
As well she could donate a bit of the extra fee proceeds to a charity
which would also increase sales and reputation . Autographed with
a kiss ( lipstick print ) would be nice too . Yes i dream big !

PS - Alizee if you are reading yes i am available to work as your
marketing consultant

Last edited by alizeefan; 08-13-2010 at 10:10 PM..
Old 08-13-2010, 10:37 PM

mercenaries16 is on a distinguished road

i buy it all on mixup or mr cd but im not sure that you have this stores in your state
Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
On a side note . . .
Ya know what would be nice ?
Since like sales are slow for Alizee ,
what she should be doing is offering autographed copies
sold directly by her for an extra fee .

Not only would that boost sales but make ALOT of us fanatics
very very happy . Why more artists don't do that i have no idea ?
Yes i know she may have to sign a few thousand but that would be
over a long period of time and really wouldn't be that much work .
As well she could donate a bit of the extra fee proceeds to a charity
which would also increase sales and reputation . Autographed with
a kiss ( lipstick print ) would be nice too . Yes i dream big !

PS - Alizee if you are reading yes i am available to work as your
marketing consultant
It is looked down upon for stars to do that since it is definitely a way to make big money. It's like Derek Jeter signing 200 of his own jerseys and selling them to make a profit of $11,000.

Plus, the more autographs stars sign, the less it is worth in money and in awesomeness. Autographs should be hard to come by and very special for the recipient...
Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Оле Оле

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
It is looked down upon for stars to do that since it is definitely a way to make big money. It's like Derek Jeter signing 200 of his own jerseys and selling them to make a profit of $11,000.

Plus, the more autographs stars sign, the less it is worth in money and in awesomeness. Autographs should be hard to come by and very special for the recipient...
I have thousands of autographs and have been to many many signings .
In certain aspects of the autograph market which i wont go into i am without a doubt an expert .

This would be like saying when she does her autograph sessions it is looked down upon , which obviousilly is not so . . . Most likely only very few who can not go or do not get in are upset , even those people who do not obtain one are still fans and most likely always will be . On the contrary to the looked down upon , media hype like that for autograph sessions , meeting the fans and so on associated with autographing only helps promote the artists , celebs and sports stars . Even say in a Derek Jeter instance , there is no such thing as bad press . It is like Ozzy Osbourne biting the head off the dove or bat , all that did was give free promotions thus making him today even more popular than he would have been without the so called " bad press " .

Add to that my donate to charity idea negates any negativity and shines a glorious light upon the event/s . Especially with any that would be had due to the monies issue .

As far as Jeter goes well if people will pay that much for autograph memorabilia , can you really blame him or those who buy it for the exhorbitant prices ? The only ones complaining are those who can not afford it and want one . Also a big difference in DJ and AJ as far as number of autographs and star power . DJ is on the MOST popular team and organization in the entire world whereas AJ is only the most popular person to a few thousand of us here , a few hundred thousand worldwide .

As far as the autographs being special , well my friend anyone who purchased the autographed merchandise from her be it poster , cd , pic would feel incredibly special owning such and therefore cement the fan forever and motivate not only the fan but the all most important word of mouth advertising .

To touch on the more autographs there are the less they are worth is really only true to the extent of a rare autograph such as a Mickey Mantle or someone who is a REALLY big star , celeb , athlete who does/did not sign much due to the good old days of autographs not being what they are today an actual market with value . Even then again going back to the DJ vs AJ analogy , autographs are only worth what the public market is willing to pay for them . I would guess you could fetch a couple hundred to a couple thousand for an Alizee at this point depending on the item . Even if she signed say a few hundred thousand the price would not drop by much on each item respectively . Mostly because anyone who purchases will hold onto that special item and is not going to flood the market with Alizee autographs as there really isn't a huge market for such wheras DJ there is a HUGE market for such .

Now say on that note there was some fear of the market being flooded or a company buying them all up and gouging prices , she could simply limit it to a certain amount per person .

Put it this way , do you have an Alizee autograph ? Even if you do not and say she signed a million DVD's then you got one . Would yours be of less value to you because now another million people have them ? Probably not is my guess there . You would proudly display it on your wall and then it would become a conversation piece for again that word of mouth promotion which is the best free advertising and better than any paid for ads one can buy .

Plus lets break that down 11,000 divided by 200 is what 55 dollars per autograph ,
this from a guy who makes howsover many millions a year . It really probably wasnt
even worth his time when you break his payscale down to a per game/hourly fee in
how long it took him to sign all those .

Last thing to add here is the specialness factor you mentioned .
I know usually less is more as the saying goes but say 100's of thousands of people have
autographs opposed to a few thousand having autographs again in my honest opinion that is
way more special when more have something special to them than less having signatures .

Sorry if i come off all long winded and as a know it all , i hope not to have misread .

Last edited by alizeefan; 08-13-2010 at 11:19 PM.. Reason: adding apology
Old 08-13-2010, 11:20 PM

Ahh see now I misunderstood, I didn't know you were talking about her doing an event for the signings. I thought you mean just her signing some CDs and stuff in a room then mailing them out to the highest bidder. My bad...
Old 08-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Оле Оле

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Ahh see now I misunderstood, I didn't know you were talking about her doing an event for the signings. I thought you mean just her signing some CDs and stuff in a room then mailing them out to the highest bidder. My bad...
Well i meant as you thought her signing in a room and mailing them out and you do make valid points so i hope again not to have come off know it all . Always is a yin and yang so it is 50/50 depending on the viewers perspective .

But now that you bring that up , a signing world tour would be a great idea too . As actually meeting the fans at record stores in all the big cities would be alot more good/bad press than a one time deal online shopping type . So if my dream big idea did come true that is what i would like to see world tour and online purchase for those who cant go but most likely the expense of travel , security and time involved would be too much hassle .

The only problem i really see from autographing mail order style is the whole did she really sign it issue as goes with that type of autograph . As in was it her secretary , mom , brother , rubber stamp , autopen or really her signing problem associated with such . Then again i do not think there she would sell maybe a few thousand for say 100 bucks each CD/DVD/whatsoever donating half to charity over a few months time she wouldn't even get writers cramp .