Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-30-2012, 08:04 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I think she doesn't want to be as famous as she used to be at all. She's settled into a nice lifestyle from the look of her twitter pictures, dancing and shopping with her friends all the time and eating out. I wouldn't want to give that up either if I had to choose between that life and the tour-going, concert-performing, interview-giving, album-promoting, paparazzi-ridden life. A career is a lifestyle for a performer. I'm sure with her previous international fame, she has had enough of that business to last her a lifetime. She's already traveled the world performing for all sorts of venues and made a mark in french pop. What more could she want? I think it's time for her to more or less settle down and if she wants to make music in a low-key manner, more power to her.

As for the decision to leave MF, she was kept on a very short leash in those days. Her image had to be very meticulously maintained. She had to be coached in all sorts of things, how to conduct herself in interviews, how to perform, vocal coaching, dance practices, rehearsals. We know she is headstrong and independent by nature, it must have been hard for her to have someone else calling the shots for every move she made as an artist. At the same time she is also very easily influenced, and as others have pointed out, Jeremy probably had a hand in her decision as well. In any case, I think she didn't feel satisfied working with MF and LB, and if she'd stayed with them she could be terribly unhappy today, no matter how successful she became. I would rather her be out on her own, making her own mistakes and enjoying freedom and personal growth, than being kept in a little fly jar under MF, having all the decisions made for her and never learning to care for herself.

There seems to be this mentality that Alizee owes us something? Maybe I'm misunderstanding. She doesn't have to be successful just because we'd rather see her enjoy success. It's not our decision to make. As a fan, I may not support certain decisions she makes, but I do wholeheartedly support her own pursuit of happiness and wish her all the best.

But that's just my opinion. Just trying to make people think and present a different side.

Very well said, Azhiri. Totally Agree

Alizee turned me onto something I never paid attention before, closely, Voice, now whoever I listen to better have a great voice. Wow, Alizee has lifted my expectations, but in a her own way.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

A lot of really good posts and I agree with much of what people have said, especially Wildfire, Azhiri and Karin. I have occasionally mentioned in the past things that I feel Alizée shouldn't have done (like the tattoos), but I think it's fruitless to dwell on them.

I'm waiting for the new album. For me, that's what it's mostly about anyways, the music. Either way, I think the bottom line is that Alizée just wants to have a fun life, and she's doing the things that she likes to do and are fun for her. In many ways she's still a child at heart. There's no need to look any deeper than that, and other than commenting on it or discussing it, there's nothing anyone can do to change it. Alizée is Alizée. I see no harm in constructive criticism relative to her career, but I think it can become too harsh and too overdone. It's easy to confuse personal tastes and wishes on our parts, with what is a good or bad choice on Alizée's part. Alizée is not required to build her life according to our blueprints, or set her career goals based on the goals we set for her. And lastly, we should accept the fact that Alizée knows the inside scoop to all that's passed in her career, and none of us can hope to know all of what she has experienced. The career choices she has made might actually make more sense to us if we had walked all those miles in her shoes.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

We all know there's been problems in Alizée's personal life recently.. well atleast that's what we've been led to believe, so I believe if anything she needs compassion right now.

Edit:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ur8j4xWe_44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 05-30-2012 at 09:11 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I really don't understand why saying I don't like her tattoos or I don´t like her last album "can hurt her"...

I give Alizée more credit than the people trying to "protect her" from all kind of criticism, because I think she is intelligent enough to know that the quality of the music on her first two albums is something that is very difficult to match. So whatever music comes after those two albums, it is going to be compared to the LB albums, no matter what...

I give her more credit because I am sure she is taugh enough to read some criticism and being able to carry on without crying or feeling bad... How can she feel bad for reading some comments about her tattoos when she is reading s*** from Mylene fans, the press, and the french public since she was 16?
I am sure she could not care less about that right now.

For me is about her music, first, and her looks, second. If she is a good person, nice to people, friendly... it is a plus of course, but does not say much for me...

And I admit that maybe I overreacted too much at some point with all the tattoo thing. Maybe If Alizée showed up in 2003 with that Sailor moon tattoo in her arm I would probably say at the time that it was the coolest thing.
Just because the chemistry, the hype, the magic... was there.
Now it is a bit different for me.

And I don't think it is really fair to make differences between fans just because people liking or disliking the tattoos.
Many people here stopped following her career after her third album... And nobody is criticising them for that.
It is just a matter of personal choices/tastes...

Last edited by SpanishFan; 05-30-2012 at 09:09 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 09:11 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Spanishfan, if this was a simple discussion about the tattoos, I would agree that people are over reacting by "taking sides"
But unfortunatly, some downright cruel things have been said about Lili, and people close to Lili, during this discussion about something as simple as tattoos.

And also, I keep reading this idea that the people saying they don't mind the tattoos are Trying to "protect her from all criticism". No one is saying she is perfect. No one is saying she doesn't make mistakes. Some of us simply don't think tattoos, are worth freaking out over. Like you just said, it's a matter of personal choice and taste.

What Lefty said was true. It is not our place to tell her what to do. And it's pointless to dwell on these things. If people find somthing she Does to cross some kind of line, and they feel the cant support her anymore...that's their call.

Lili herself said it best, to a fan on Twitter telling her how to live her life " you can unfollow me whenever you want"

Last edited by BrianO1; 05-30-2012 at 09:32 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

At the end of the day, everybody here is right.
Some people are telling her what to do or telling her how she has to live her life... others are just expressing some criticism.
Some people are saying they will always support her, no mather what... others are saying that "real" fans should never say anything negative about her...

So we have a little bit of everything, and that can not be bad for a forum.
It means we all still care about her, even if we have different views and opinions.

Maybe one part of the problem is that we all are getting tired of talking about the same topic again and again, but it is going to happen every time she get a new tattoo...
Old 05-30-2012, 10:15 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post

So we have a little bit of everything, and that can not be bad for a forum.
It means we all still care about her, even if we have different views and opinions.
That's very true, as long as it remains civil, and respectful. Which has not been the case multiple times during this discussion. Everyone has the right to speak their mind here, I'm simply asking everyone remain respectful. You can still criticize respectfully.

Quote:
but it is going to happen every time she get a new tattoo...

That is unfortunately true

Last edited by BrianO1; 05-30-2012 at 10:19 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 10:20 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I think she doesn't want to be as famous as she used to be at all. She's settled into a nice lifestyle from the look of her twitter pictures, dancing and shopping with her friends all the time and eating out. I wouldn't want to give that up either if I had to choose between that life and the tour-going, concert-performing, interview-giving, album-promoting, paparazzi-ridden life. A career is a lifestyle for a performer. I'm sure with her previous international fame, she has had enough of that business to last her a lifetime. She's already traveled the world performing for all sorts of venues and made a mark in french pop. What more could she want? I think it's time for her to more or less settle down and if she wants to make music in a low-key manner, more power to her.

As for the decision to leave MF, she was kept on a very short leash in those days. Her image had to be very meticulously maintained. She had to be coached in all sorts of things, how to conduct herself in interviews, how to perform, vocal coaching, dance practices, rehearsals. We know she is headstrong and independent by nature, it must have been hard for her to have someone else calling the shots for every move she made as an artist. At the same time she is also very easily influenced, and as others have pointed out, Jeremy probably had a hand in her decision as well. In any case, I think she didn't feel satisfied working with MF and LB, and if she'd stayed with them she could be terribly unhappy today, no matter how successful she became. I would rather her be out on her own, making her own mistakes and enjoying freedom and personal growth, than being kept in a little fly jar under MF, having all the decisions made for her and never learning to care for herself.

There seems to be this mentality that Alizee owes us something? Maybe I'm misunderstanding. She doesn't have to be successful just because we'd rather see her enjoy success. It's not our decision to make. As a fan, I may not support certain decisions she makes, but I do wholeheartedly support her own pursuit of happiness and wish her all the best.

But that's just my opinion. Just trying to make people think and present a different side.
I want you NOW!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:59 PM

JeNeSaisPas is on a distinguished road

eHarmony

List of Hobbies

That ought to help some of you nuts out.
She'll be fine.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Putting Alizée on some kind of holy pedestal hurts her and you as a fan.

No one is perfect even if we wish Alizée was. She is human and is going to do what she thinks is right for her. If we don't point out as fans that some of us DO have a problem with this addiction she has to tattoo's, how will Alizée ever know there might be a problem. It's not like a piercing where if you get tired of it, you take it out and the hole closes up with minimal scaring. Tattoo's are permanent, and when they are removed they do leave a scar.

A real friend or in this case her real fans are the one's that are not afraid to point out when they suspect there is a problem. Maybe after some of you have been around a few decades and have seen people around you screw up their lives doing stupid things, you might see where some of us are coming from. Knowing had you said something or intervened earlier you could have saved your friend or a family member a lot of grief. As some of you get older you'll understand why Scruffydog and I are not real happy with her over doing it, when it comes to the tattoo's.

Ask Madonna how that game worked out for her. Her last album tanked because she was given sub par material to record and those around her said it was great just to make money off the recording session and keep her happy. When in reality her label passed on their best material to another recording artist, who they thought deserved it more. No one said a thing, until a few months after her latest album cratered. Had anyone in her inter circle opened up their mouths instead of being a glorified group of butt kissing yes men and yes women Madonna might have been able to fix the problem before the album was finished. Due to their inaction and the lack of honesty from the people around her, Madonna's latest album became an major financial disappointment to the label, her and her fans.

The one thing I always appreciate and encourage from my employees is that they be candid and OPEN UP THEIR MOUTHS informing me as soon as they suspect or see a problem that might affect my business. They work one on one with my customers everyday so if there is something we or I'm doing that may give my customers a reason to consider heading over to one of my competitors I want to know about it yesterday, not tomorrow, next week or next month.

I'm not being mean or petty towards Alizée. I adore her for the happiness she has brought me with her music and performances. Maybe I'm just I being a little over protective trying to point out a possible problem that many of her other fans are avoiding for the simple fact they don't want to upset or offend her.

I want to finish this post on a positive note. Alizée is doing something very right. Look at the number of Facebook and Twitter followers she has acquired since her last album. What is happening on those two accounts does not happen under normal conditions. There is something that is occurring with her fan base that has no rhyme or reason as they say.
She hasn't done much to promote herself in the last few months yet the numbers continue to increase daily.