Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-10-2021, 12:09 PM

Elise is on a distinguished road
Default How to deal with people who point out Alizée’s flaws?

Of course she doesn’t have any, she is perfect. Though I saw a conversation where someone was trying to hint at various allegations (specifics not important but it was more related to Mylène and Laurent) and I thought that he/she wanted to ruin the image of Alizée, to take the magic away.

Now I’ve been reading and rereading old threads about so-called “mistakes” Alizée made, it’s all been fascinating reading and hasn’t made me any less of a fan. I just would like to ask if you have had a similar experience, if you have tried to introduce friends to Alizée say in real life. Has anyone started trying to point out her flaws? Did it affect you or the way you saw Alizée?
Old 06-10-2021, 01:41 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

For me, Alizee's imperfections make her perfect. From a physical point of view, she doesn't have many. Somebody might poke fun at her nose or her forehead or her height, but it doesn't make any difference to me. I like what I like and I don't care what anybody thinks of my tastes.

The one "mistake" that took me a while to get over was her tattoos, which I have been vocal about in the past. To me it's like painting a cartoon character on a Rembrandt or putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari because her skin is flawless, but I am over it already. Alizee has taken a lot of heat on this forum because of them. There are some fans that really like them though.

Her professional and personal mistakes were done mostly during her 20's and I don't know any 20-something person who hasn't had their share of mistakes. I made more than my share during that time in my life. Me wishing that Alizee stuck with Mylene doesn't change what has already happened. Her past mistakes has no bearing on my current fanship of Alizee.

As far as introducing Alizee to your friends, it reminds me of a new fan a few years back who got bit by the Lili Bug bad and shared some of her videos with his pals all at one time. Bad strategy and he was disappointed that they did not have the same reaction as him. The best idea I have read on this site is to text your friend a link to JEAM late some evening and say nothing. He'll probably watch it and form his own opinion.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-10-2021 at 01:44 PM..
Old 06-10-2021, 04:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I’m often angry about comments and claims like this, but I don’t usually comment on them at all.

I think they are just jealous ...

And fortunately, such are usually heard and seen little.

Alizée 💜
Old 06-13-2021, 06:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
Of course she doesn’t have any, she is perfect. Though I saw a conversation where someone was trying to hint at various allegations (specifics not important but it was more related to Mylène and Laurent) and I thought that he/she wanted to ruin the image of Alizée, to take the magic away.

Now I’ve been reading and rereading old threads about so-called “mistakes” Alizée made, it’s all been fascinating reading and hasn’t made me any less of a fan. I just would like to ask if you have had a similar experience, if you have tried to introduce friends to Alizée say in real life. Has anyone started trying to point out her flaws? Did it affect you or the way you saw Alizée?
We all have to realize this is a forum and not a fan site. I've see fan sites where all they did was sing the high praises of what ever star they were following. Negative comments weren't allowed.

A forum is a place for discussion, pro or con, good or bad. You can praise her or you can criticize her but one thing that we try to do different now as opposed to what we did in the past is to not bash her in our criticism. It's enough to say something isn't good without saying it stinks and I was probably one of the worst ones in that department.

A lot of people say it was a mistake for her to leave MF/LB. Some say it was a good thing for her to leave them so she could pursue her own artistic style. Who's right? You look at what happened after the split and in reality, she didn't have one truly successful album. She couldn't even hold a concert in a city that she was then living in.

Some people say she had artistic success. Well artistic success isn't going to put bread on the table and wouldn't take care of the financial needs of her family as it was back then and as it is now.

So what went wrong with each album, what changes could've been made to improve those albums along with so many other things about her will always be subject to debate in here. People here often feel very strongly about their views and sometimes those discussions will be heated, but of late we've done a good job of keeping things on a fairly smooth road.

There will be more criticism of her, but I think everyone in here can feel free to express their own opinions and then "discussions" are what will follow. That is what a forum is all about.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:56 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

“How to deal with people who point out Alizée’s flaws”

<<Sigh>>…

This one is… simultaneously “very easy”, and, “very hard”…

You don’t “deal with” them…

If there is any “controversy”, or, “disagreement”, you simply… “Disengage”… You “smile”, you “excuse yourself”, and simply, walk away…

Don’t get “defensive”, and for goodness sake, don’t get “angry”, for really, there is no point. The only person that is going to get “upset” is probably only… “Yourself”….

“Why, how”, you may ask…

Well, they really don’t “get it”, can’t “get it”, never will “get it”, and, no matter how hard you try to explain it, (which is a HUGE mistake, by the way), they just will not understand… at all… becaaaussee, they haven’t been “bitten”, or, “infected”, by the “Lili Bug”, the symptoms of which all of the “enlightened”, know all too well...

(Sometimes, however, I think it might just be some “transient” type of … “insanity”, or “something” of that “ilk”, maybe, for it seems that “sanity”, “rationality”, and “critical thinking” seem to “get thrown out of the window”, so to speak, whenever “she” is involved… )

Most strange…

Now, as for her “perfection”, “flaws”, and, “that magic”…

“Perfection”, and/or beauty, indeed, is “in the eye of the beholder”. One persons “perfection”, can be another persons “merely average”, or even simply just… “meh”… We, “the enlightened 1%”, pretty much think that she’s “perfect”. Just, don’t get “bent out of shape” when the other 99% of humanity doesn’t agree, at all, in any “way”, “shape”, “form” or “fashion”…

As for “flaws”, well, she is “human”, (honestly, she is), she has them, accept this, and never ever “challenge” anyone who is not a “fan”, to prove otherwise, especially other female, non-fans. You may hear things that you truly may not want to “hear”, or “accept”, being honest, and, most of the time it is not just “petty jealousy”, for they don’t see anything to be jealous about…

Personally, I don’t care, I just adore her, “flaws”, and all…

As for “that magic”, well, we “see”, what we want to “see”. She becomes “that”, which we most truly “want”, and most “need”, in our lives, and you will find, that not one person/fan, will “see” the same thing, the same person, as the next…

You will find that, “that magic”, is all in your “own head”, your “own mind”, and, is “uniquely” yours, only…

That “thing” that you most truly “want”, and “need”, that most likely bears no relationship to… “reality”…

<Another heartfelt sigh>

At the “end of the day”, my conclusion would be thus: live your life, enjoy your Alizée, do your own thing, and let other people do theirs, also…

Life is way too short, to get worked up over any… “trivialities”… really…
Old 06-15-2021, 08:47 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Well, they really don’t “get it”, can’t “get it”, never will “get it”, and, no matter how hard you try to explain it, (which is a HUGE mistake, by the way), they just will not understand… at all… becaaaussee, they haven’t been “bitten”, or, “infected”, by the “Lili Bug”, the symptoms of which all of the “enlightened”, know all too well...
It's pretty much impossible to add to what RedRafe posted because he nailed it.

I really like the sentence that I quoted. I never thought of being "infected" by the Lili Bug, but the thought is funny and appropriate at the same time.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:24 PM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

They are jelly women who will never ever be able to reach Alizée’s level of perfection.

Absolutely everybody makes mistakes, so it's easy to look past and point out all the mistakes one person has made (specially when it comes to a public person). I think she would have done better if she had stuck with Mrs. Mylène, but not for long as I think her popularity as a singer was already waning after her second album release.

As a person? From what I've been able to read, she's a pretty good person with strong family-ties.