Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-24-2020, 11:35 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Veni Vedi Vici is my favorite song on Gourmandises, and I agree that it unfairly receives less attention than other songs like JBG and Mon Maquis, among the non-singles of course.

MCE is a bit tougher. She performed almost every song on it during the En Concert tour. But maybe Toc De Mac.

Psychédélices, I think Mon Taxi Driver should get more listens. It's subtly sensual, but remains a soft, slow style of song that suits her so well like Aragorn mentioned.

UEDS in general is underrated. Mes Fantômes is a solid one. It followed Psych's L'Effet as a solid final song on the album.

On 5, I think Si Tu Es Un Homme is great, haven't seen a lot of discussion on it.

Lastly, on Blonde I think Seulement Pour Te Plaire is trippy, in a good way.
I really don't know why she never performed Veni Vedi Vici live.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:12 PM

Panzerknacker is on a distinguished road

À quoi rêve une jeune fille is very underrated in my opinion and I really love this one.

Not only it is so beautiful but also the meaning of the song is closely related to how I discovered Alizée.

The song deals with the topic of suicidal tendencies and thoughts. And that is exactly how I discovered Alizée. As I wrote in other thread, I discovered Alizée when I had depression and suicidal thoughts and my discovery of her led me to recover from all of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R_2O6TGtmE
Old 08-20-2021, 12:19 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post
À quoi rêve une jeune fille is very underrated in my opinion and I really love this one.

Not only it is so beautiful but also the meaning of the song is closely related to how I discovered Alizée.

The song deals with the topic of suicidal tendencies and thoughts. And that is exactly how I discovered Alizée. As I wrote in other thread, I discovered Alizée when I had depression and suicidal thoughts and my discovery of her led me to recover from all of that.

The "official video" for À quoi rêve une jeune fille:

Old 08-20-2021, 10:56 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Cool

Probably almost all the songs that Alizée didn’t perform live - which of course is partly understandable!

If any song should be mentioned, then “equally understandable” is that I will mention the absolutely wonderful Abracadabra!

Alizée 💜
Old 08-23-2021, 07:54 PM

Panzerknacker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
Probably almost all the songs that Alizée didn’t perform live - which of course is partly understandable!

If any song should be mentioned, then “equally understandable” is that I will mention the absolutely wonderful Abracadabra!
Yes, this one is also very underrated and absolutely wonderful. Especially now during the summer nights the song absolutely rocks in my opinion.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:49 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post
Yes, this one is also very underrated and absolutely wonderful. Especially now during the summer nights the song absolutely rocks in my opinion.

I’ve been wondering if the song was “too awkward” for live performances because it wasn’t performed (often).

It’s an exciting song because on the one hand it feels “easy” again, but on the other hand difficult!

For example, saying the word "Acrabadabra"... No...: "Abracadabra" (do you notice) or sometimes writing it causes me at least problems until you check the correct style.

Or has it just been decided that certain songs are always performed only in live events and some are not performed...!?’ ;-)

Alizée 💜