Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:39 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
Really funny how people like you think Alizée is nothing but purity. So what if she likes a trashy song & I'm pretty sure she understands it.
What ? Who said I thought she was "nothing but purity"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
Really ? It's catchy and all, but that is a ridiculously trashy song: I wonder if Alizée realizes what it means .
I would be much obliged if you could point out what exactly in my comment led you to your conclusion. That's funny because I'm almost positive she doesn't understand it: a) her grasp of English isn't that great, b) most native English speakers (me included) do not realize what the song means until they are told, and c) if she understood what it meant, she would not have posted it on her twitter .
Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 PM
The Snowboarder

SimonH is on a distinguished road

You don't know that. Don't pretend you do.

In an interview long ago she said she took English classes so I'd bet you it has improved since then. Also her dad speaks fluent English & so does her husband. Not to mention shes been exposed to English in the English songs shes done.

The "tone" in your post lead me to my conclusion & the below quote from you supports my conclusion.

Quote:
c) if she understood what it meant, she would not have posted it on her twitter .
You know this how, If you know Alizee personally then forgive me for doubting you.

Last edited by SimonH; 05-28-2009 at 11:12 PM..
Old 05-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
b) most native English speakers (me included) do not realize what the song means until they are told
Really? Personally I don't know how else to interpret it, especially when the first shot of the music video says "Britney Spears song lyrics spell out obscenity in disguise". I don't think they were even trying to be subtle with this one, and would venture to guess Alizée's aware since she's a Britney fan (horror to some, I know), but who knows... No need to attack each other over it.

Anyway, pretty cool with the Chateau Marmont thing!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
No need to attack each other over it.
Sorry, I don't usually do this . I just thought my comments were misunderstood and needed clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Really? I don't know how else it could be interpreted, especially when the first shot of the music video says "Britney Spears song lyrics spell out obscenity in disguise".
That explains it: I've never seen the music video . I heard it on *Barrett, cover your ears* the radio .

Quote:
In an interview long ago she said she took English classes so I'd bet you it has improved since then. Also her dad speaks fluent English & so does her husband. Not to mention shes been exposed to English in the English songs shes done.
You don't know that. Don't pretend you do.

It's generally accepted that her English is not very good (see Moscow concerts for evidence). You're entitled to your own opinion though .

Quote:
& the below quote from you supports my conclusion.
Do you honestly believe that Alizée would intentionally condone a remix of her song that screams "F me" every 5 seconds ? Regardless of whether you do, even though I don't know Alizée personally, I like to think otherwise. That's what I believe (maybe some of the members here would agree with me), and I'd appreciate it if you were a bit more respectful toward the opinions of "people like me," even if they are "really funny" .

That's it, I'm done with this debate (I promise, Ben) .

Last edited by mavsluver41; 05-29-2009 at 12:23 AM..
Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:

That explains it: I've never seen the music video . I heard it on the *Barrett, cover your ears* the radio .

...Is the big bad radio gone?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Hmph look how everyone's afraid of me now, don't know if I like it! Don't worry, mavsluver, that was directed at Mr. Simon too.

Anyway, not to continue the debate too much, but as I mentioned Alizée has said she's a Britney fan, so I imagine she's seen the video, perhaps even followed the controversy, and and is well aware what the song means. Though I'm also sure it's far less controversial in France, where tracks like Moi Lolita climb the charts.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:10 AM
The Snowboarder

SimonH is on a distinguished road

Yeah we forget other countries are less uptight about such topics as we are in the United States.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Mavs, its usually best to ignore Simon if he tries to argue.

Also I hope Lili doesnt know what this song means but she probably does.

Btw, I'm not afraid of you Ben. (dont hurt me)
Old 05-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
Mavs, its usually best to ignore Simon if he tries to argue.

Also I hope Lili doesnt know what this song means but she probably does.

Btw, I'm not afraid of you Ben. (dont hurt me)
There is of course, no problem that she knows what this song is about.
She's gotten more action than about 50% of the people here and I can see that for a fact.
So why not, besides music is for the melody, the lyrics should always be second. Unfortunately I despise the sound of Britney music and the lyrics are often typical.
Of course, she may be free to like the music (or the lyrics, whatever floats her boat, aye?)
Old 05-29-2009, 12:56 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Don't be ashamed mavsluver41, a lot of english speaking people did not know this either, as it's obviously reflected by many posts on many forums. I too did not know of this since I don't follow Britney's music, or cared to listen to the song Alizée linked once I learned who sang it. No disrespect to her fans, it's just not my taste...

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Closed Thread

Tags
twitter