Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 PM

swagboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
for all we know, Ricco, might be running more projects and they might have been also affected by it.
If that's the case, and his other projects are profitable, then he could just remove the ads from AAm, instead of deleting everything
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
So that's why the pictures/videos section was removed from the ( english ) forum
it is still there but you have to be logged in to see it...

problem is we more or less share the links/videos/photos mostly in the Alizée News section so it doesn't really make sense to make the media section invisible for non-members.

We don't know how to solve the problem yet it came all out of the blue especially because it's Riccardo's account and anyone else had never anything to do with it I was just a bit confused when we suddenly had the adverts on our page....

so as far as I know AF won't shut down but there will be some changes but we haven't decided yet... also because it's Riccardo's choice what's happening next because it's his forum after all.

It's just stupid because this is just how a fan forum works and that this doesn't work with google's policy sucks ass.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post

We don't know how to solve the problem yet it came all out of the blue especially because it's Riccardo's account and anyone else had never anything to do with it I was just a bit confused when we suddenly had the adverts on our page....

so as far as I know AF won't shut down but there will be some changes but we haven't decided yet... also because it's Riccardo's choice what's happening next because it's his forum after all.

It's just stupid because this is just how a fan forum works and that this doesn't work with google's policy sucks ass.
This is not just "Riccardo's forum" any more: there are a lot of people that have been paying the bills and putting endless hours of effort into AF over the years including but not ending at the current co-owner Tapetor. I'm aware there was some discussion of a full transfer of the forum's ownership at one time but I don't know what happened to that idea.

We that "own" a fan site really don't own a damn thing. The site exists and owes it's popularity due to the support of the fans. It is a COMMUNITY and there is a social obligation for us to maintain it without thought of personal gain or step aside and let someone else give it a try.
We are mere caretakers and once I become more concerned with lining my pockets with gold obtained from you dedicated Alizee fans or attempts to get you to vote for me at some website that has NOTHING TO DO WITH ALIZEE then it will be time for me to step aside also. It's not about me, you or Riccardo, it's about ALIZEE and I think somehow that point has been lost here.

The Alizee America Forum has been a good supporter of my hub over the years. It's true we've had our differences in the past but at least you've never begged me for money or thrown a temper tantrum because your income has lessened due to the the posting of the fan-provided content that made your forum so popular in the first place.

Last edited by digimaze; 04-26-2013 at 08:47 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

easy Tiger... it's not my fault what happened. Maybe you should talk about this to Riccardo personally.

I don't even know if Tapetor knows about all this yet. He's always busy during the week.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
easy Tiger... it's not my fault what happened. Maybe you should talk about this to Riccardo personally.

I don't even know if Tapetor knows about all this yet. He's always busy during the week.
No one's blaming you kitty cat. :-) And yes, I already have sent a message to Tapetor. Maybe cooler heads will prevail.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:10 AM

qazws is on a distinguished road

Now NBC and other companies have utube vids of their series, with, say, $9.99 to play or unlock them. Perhaps pay to unlock Alizee videos, or Alizeevevo, is the only safe way, if a forum wants to link videos.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazws View Post
Now NBC and other companies have utube vids of their series, with, say, $9.99 to play or unlock them. Perhaps pay to unlock Alizee videos, or Alizeevevo, is the only safe way, if a forum wants to link videos.
Why "rent" videos every time you want to watch them or pay a subscription for vids that many of which are actually in the public domain? Get yourself a larger HDD and build your own collection. About 150GB is all you need for a fine collection of the best versions of almost all the Alizee stuff that is available.

Hard drives are dirt cheap right now and once you get them you have them FOREVER to watch any time you wish. Don't trust the 'cloud' or big corporations to have your best interests at heart. Get on the torrent sites, join the hub, or Google for links and grab what you can... and do it fast while the choice is still yours.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimaze View Post
Why "rent" videos every time you want to watch them or pay a subscription for vids that many of which are actually in the public domain? Get yourself a larger HDD and build your own collection. About 150GB is all you need for a fine collection of the best versions of almost all the Alizee stuff that is available.

Hard drives are dirt cheap right now and once you get them you have them FOREVER to watch any time you wish. Don't trust the 'cloud' or big corporations to have your best interests at heart. Get on the torrent sites, join the hub, or Google for links and grab what you can... and do it fast while the choice is still yours.
I do that already. I have a pair of ext 3 tb hdds (although I think I'll put one of them inside the computer as USB is slow). I don't have a supertorrents subscription or invite, but most things can be got through torrent/magnet links found through google. I conceal my real IP address, in case I get hassle, but my ISP has throttled the connection in the past. I do buy Lili's releases, mind you. My point was working how a forum can keep itself safe from the copyright sharks.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazws View Post
My point was working how a forum can keep itself safe from the copyright sharks.
How about by not accepting ad banners? The Alizee Forum was fine until the owner decided to make a little money by accepting ad banners. When he was faced with the choice of giving up that revenue or deleting crucial content he went for the money.

Last edited by digimaze; 04-28-2013 at 01:15 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimaze View Post
How about by not accepting ad banners? The Alizee Forum was fine until the owner decided to make a little money by accepting ad banners. When he was faced with the choice of giving up that revenue or deleting crucial content he went for the money.
Maybe he should move towards a donation model. The problem with Adsense (or whatever it's called) requires a person to be immaculate in respect of copyright. It's not nice to lose fan work. It keeps forums like this going.