Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I am waiting for parts at work, so I took a quick look at the Dior website.

20180804_094355.jpg

And I am pretty certain that's a Rolex watch.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 08-04-2018 at 10:07 AM..
Old 08-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Good find Ray! I was fairly certain with her it would be nothing of a religious nature.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:48 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Old 08-05-2018, 08:53 AM

Weddan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
LOLITA 2.0❤️ #nabokov #2k18
Old 08-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
We've seen very little over the years that connects Alizee with anything religious, that is until Annily's first communion and her own wedding in a church. But I still believe she is much more superstitious than religious. When I first saw this image, something of a religious nature popped into my head, but then I realized, this is Alizee, so it must be something else. As far as the Dior on the image, I'm sure that is in reference to the watch and not that wrist band, but that wristband could be in reference to Dior and again with Alizee, it makes much more sense that it would be something connected to a fashion designer.
I think Alizee has always been spiritually-minded, but not necessarily religious. I remember in some of her early interviews, she mentions that she believed in reincarnation, and somewhere else, she said she used to mess with Oujia boards (haven't we all tried that when we were young?). If anything, it showed she had at least given some thought to things outside of this life, even though she wasn't well grounded in any particular religion.

Childbirth changes things for a lot of women, and protecting your child from the evils of the world is a priority. There probably was not much discussion of religion in her first marriage since she married a Jewish man, and most Jews are not practicing Jews. But after that marriage was done, I started noticing her cross earrings and cross bracelet she would wear every so often. Many find comfort in religion during rough times in life, so perhaps that was the start of something in her life. Remarriage in a church I think is significant. Maybe Gregoire is a religious man, who knows?

I know discussing religion is taboo, so I'm going to stop here. I just noticed a few changes in her over the years on this topic, so I thought I would add my 2 cents.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:29 PM

Well when I first discovered her over 11 years ago, I looked on the internet to find out more info on her and I think it was Wikipedia that described her as a non practicing Catholic. I was very happy with that because at least I had something in common, though I was pretty much a non practicing Catholic, I think I practiced a little more than her.

In all those years, I believe the only time I've seen her in connection with anything religious is twice on the holiday in Ajaccio where they seem to have an event that's similar to the blessing of the fleets in this country.

Then Annily came along who does seem to believe. Was that because of her friends who believed or did Alizee as a mother, have to make a decision, (Do I tell my daughter to believe or not to believe) and I think it's more likely that if Annily believes, it's because of her friends.

Then of course there was her wedding in Ajaccio which consisted of a church wedding in addition to a civil one. I don't think it was because either of them is religious. If Greg was religious, I don't think we'd see him wear the type of t shirts we've seen him wear.

I believe she said something like she regretted not having her wedding in Ajaccio with her family there. So she wanted a wedding in Ajaccio, the way local custom would have had it and not because she wanted a church wedding.

Bottom line, I think she worships Dior, more than she worships anybody else.
In other words, she can't see the forrest for the trees....

Alizee Patrick Fiori blessing of the fleet LA SAINT ERASME.jpg

greg fd.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-05-2018 at 02:37 PM..
Old 08-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Then of course there was her wedding in Ajaccio which consisted of a church wedding in addition to a civil one. I don't think it was because either of them is religious. If Greg was religious, I don't think we'd see him wear the type of t shirts we've seen him wear.
Definitely the younger generations use the F-bomb and other choice words conversationally, and not just out of anger to offend. Speech and culture has evolved (or should I say devolved?) much in a relatively short period of time. I did not allow the use of any profanity in my house and did not use any in front of my sons, but they just picked it up on their own, and even as adults, the F-bomb would just come out without them being aware of saying it, and quickly apologize because they know I won't tolerate it.

Just showing my age, I guess!
Old 08-05-2018, 03:09 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Creating memories every moment �� #lucky #family #mygirl #summer2018

This one is off Gregg's FB page

Last edited by ALS; 08-05-2018 at 03:13 PM..
Old 08-05-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Definitely the younger generations use the F-bomb and other choice words conversationally, and not just out of anger to offend. Speech and culture has evolved (or should I say devolved?) much in a relatively short period of time. I did not allow the use of any profanity in my house and did not use any in front of my sons, but they just picked it up on their own, and even as adults, the F-bomb would just come out without them being aware of saying it, and quickly apologize because they know I won't tolerate it.

Just showing my age, I guess!
I'd like to mention my own weaknesses which are too numerous to list. A few years ago I had mentioned how I had went to confession (as all good Catholics are supposed to do) for the first time in 40 years when I was in Paris. The reason I hadn't gone before then was I had so many sins, I was too embarrassed to go into a confessional because I thought it would take so long to list all my sins. But when I was in Paris as I mentioned a few years ago, I stopped into Notre Dame to say a few prayers and I saw a sign on the area where you normally go to confession that said "Confession Dialogue" and I thought what a great opportunity to meet with a priest and discuss my situation. I decided to wait and worried about whether the priest I met with spoke English. Well much too my surprise, the priest I met up with not only spoke English, but he used to teach in the city I live in. In the end, he granted me absolution, but now, the sins are starting to pile up again. Woe is me!
Old 08-05-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
As beautiful as Alizée is, it doesn't get much better than this...