Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to kill bugs?
Yes 4 19.05%
No 17 80.95%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2009, 11:13 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

If bugs annoy me then I kill them. But usually I try not to, I even try to avoid stepping on them.

What I really hate is FROGS. They better not come across me.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:20 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
What I really hate is FROGS. They better not come across me.
I'd suggest carrying around a 20mm auto canon at all times then, anything else would be underkill and could result in catastrophic consequences to you

Old 07-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I usually only kill nuisances such as flies, cockroaches, silverfish, and occasionally some arachnoid species.
When it comes to things such as ladybugs, honey bees, and any of those insects that usually mind their own business and in fact aid me in ways I think are very much appreciated, I definitely leave them alone.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
....and occasionally some arachnoid species.
Oh yes, me too. The only good that comes from them is the bug catching factor.

Mayflies (fishflies, as they're called here) are quite annoying when you're mowing next to any bushes on your property... they are disgusting, too disgusting (and numerous) to kill. As for any bugs, I kill them if they bother me, I've never considered being pro-life as far as bugs, and it has never bothered me to kill them
Old 07-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

I guess I'm kind of neutral on this. It doesn't bother me if other people kill bugs, but I always try to catch them and set them free outside. I'm not a Buddhist or anything--I have killed mosquitos, earwigs and cockroaches before without a second thought--but I generally I guess I feel like you can't blame a creature for doing what it was put on this Earth to do...even if they are a lil' creepy.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:16 AM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
hahahaa, i have to say, very quick hands on Obama's part.

to put simply, it is yes, because we can.
life is a fight for survival. the idea of everything living peacefully in harmony with rainbows is a pure human idea, that can never occur.
everything that lives, competes to remain so. everything.

besides, its not like we are committing bug genocide. when you consider the enormous number of bugs out there, killing off those that you come in contact with.. the impact is quite negligible.

and as for Tiwaz's point about people dying in third world countries, while it is tragic and true, i see no connection to the current debate about killing bugs.

as for us "higher beings".. its not possible to live anywhere in such a scale and style of us humans(cities, housing, cars, roads, etc) without impacting the environment. sure, we could try to minimize that as much as possible.. but i feel like we'll get too political about it. and then we all just start hating each other, when we should all be holding hands in a large circle singing praise songs about Alizee.
I just wanted to put another perspective on things. How many really care about the people in the third world, or any other people you don't know personally? Oh, the news said there was another suicide bomber in Baghdad, 69 dead, ok let's get back to whatever I was doing. We are learned to think "oh poor people, they are dying" and react by instinct. Just like we don’t learn to respect the environment, enough. Your way of thinking is typical for the modern man living in this synthetic reality most people call civilization (the First World). Thinking We have the right live as large as we want to on the cost of nature. The technological revolution has only been a tiny part in human history and already we take it for granted.
And I don't mean to attack or insult you, or anybody else, if it may appear so, Im attacking the modern world in general. Just to be clear.

I don't want to say "don't kill this and that", but I hope people have a second thought about killing that irritating fly or that nasty spider. Try to help it to get out instead. Im sure we become better persons by doing so instead of killing.

<3
Old 07-20-2009, 12:43 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
And I don't mean to attack or insult you, or anybody else, if it may appear so, Im attacking the modern world in general. Just to be clear.

I don't want to say "don't kill this and that", but I hope people have a second thought about killing that irritating fly or that nasty spider. Try to help it to get out instead. Im sure we become better persons by doing so instead of killing.
To be honest that last part there is more of a thought from the modern civilization than not thinking twice about killing a bug. It has only been recently that people have started to put the life of an animal (and now apparently insect) before that of their own child or other family members. there are stricter and harsher penalties for animal abuse than there is for child abuse. Some ancient civilizations held certain animals in very high regard, but don't think they didn't kill animals and insects without a second thought. It is part of human nature to aspire to be on top, sometimes it is not always for the best.

more power to you if you don't kill any bug or animals, but sometimes it is needed for one to survive.

in the end it all lies in ones perspective to the natural process of life

best regards

Jung

Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 AM

deanej is on a distinguished road

The ancients didn't hold human life in as high regard as we do, either. Just look at the Assyrians.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

by the way.. how'd you even come up with this topic??

seems very randomly specific.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:24 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Future Raptor Ace you've opened a Pandora's Box with this thread !! jk

Let me start by saying that even though different, all of you have very good points. In all seriousness, the thing that should be considered wrong is for anyone to enjoy killing anything that has life. Life itself should be respected for what it is. That said everything that has been commented should be taken in consideration.

I most definitely will not enjoy killing anyone or anything, but if I need to defend myself, my family & friends, I won't hesitate. That goes without saying the same applies to all animals and bugs. I won't chase a cockroach or a fly out in the streets, but if it's inside my home threatening me & my family's well being then it'll be exterminated...

Just in case anyone hasn't giving it much thought, so will the bugs and animals do what they have to for their own survival.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 07-27-2009 at 02:16 AM..